Phantis Forums

Pao Vs Psv

HOLLYWOOD

Panathinaikos are going to play there final game in Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium of the Uefa Champions League when they face PSV.. The situation here is that Pao Need to Beat Psv And hope Rosonborg either beat or draw Arsenal in London for Pao to advance into the next round of 16.. However after Yesterdays performence to the geys (1-0 loss) :tdown: i am not that confident of a victory, yet im still gonna pray for one...

Prediction:

Pao 1 vs 1 Psv (pao with a late goal to Pap)

Arsenal 4 vs 1 Rosonborg (first goal scored by rosonborg to get pao excited)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAO need to play their game and forget about what's going on in England. They're already in the UEFA Cup and have nothing to lose so they pretty much have to go all out :box: . They should play a 4-3-3 with Konstantinou, Pap (if he's healthy), and Olisadebe up front; Basinas, Gonzalez, and Skacel in the midfield. Defensively, Goumas, Vyntra, Henriksen, and Kirgiakos on defense with Halkias in goal. I'll say 2-1 PAO, and best case scenario 1-1 Rosenborg-Arse'nal. :gr:

we will not play a 4-3-3....realistically, i see us plaing a 3-5-2 and i think currently, thats the best formation for us...a 4-4-2 is good as well...apparently basinas is having problems, but if he plays in the game vs psv like he did yesterday, then i dont even want him on the pitch...i see psv not playing their best squad and rememeber...this is our last euro game in leoforo..lets hope the boys go out with a bang and a win...

i see the lineup something like this

------------------------------halkias-------------------------------------

--------goumas------------henriksen-------------kyriakos------------

-----vyntra---------------------------------------------------munch----

--------------------maric------------basinas----------------------------

-----------------------------gonzalez-------------------------------------

----------------papadopoulos------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------konstantinou---------------------

as i read the pao people are a bit affraid that leoforos will not have a lot of people at the match.

@pao123: if basinas plays i dont think he will have another bad game. normally he is one of your most constant players and is capable to take the team on his shoulders. he should just stop waving and smiling to the cameras if he takes another penalty ;)

pao should win this match. i say 3-1.

good luck to you and rosenborg

After seeing pao's pathetic performance agianst gauvroi you guys still have hope to win against psv.

Wake up boys!!!!!!!!

Our team is in a slump, we really need to sort our team at the moment. We lost the opportunity to qualify in the next round with the bad result against rosenberg.

We are not good enough to go onto the next stage this year. Get back to reality!

As to olympiakos, I wish them well because i hate these pommie bastards. They show no respect to greek teams, despite us winning euro. They cannot handle this at the moment.

Although I am not a friend of Olympiakos, they are representing greece in champions league, so we have to support them. If they cope a hiding in anfield, it is bad for greek soccer.

We as a team really need to do some soul searching because this is not the panathinaikos I know or expect to see.

you support Greek teams in europe? great! Olympiakos? what are they? Whose fans vandalize ethniki matches? ruin the olympic atmosphere? show no repect for european champions, (while only producing one real player, Giannakopoulos, Venetidis was the worst player to see the field)....not who i want representing us.

i was jst thinkin in the shower that we really shouldnt go to the next round of CL, i mean who ever we draw will lose to coz i hate to say it but we dnt have a team that could do anything in CL However for the UEFA Cup, if we buy 2 good players over the summer and pick up from our form slump then i think we can go far... what u guys think?

i was jst thinkin in the shower that we really shouldnt go to the next round of CL, i mean who ever we draw will lose to coz i hate to say it but we dnt have a team that could do anything in CL However for the UEFA Cup, if we buy 2 good players over the summer and pick up from our form slump then i think we can go far... what u guys think?

not true.......wed have a chance with Dynamo Kiev, Paris Saint Germain, Bremen or Bayern can be surprised.....

but if we make smart signings we could get a better shot at UEFA.

Guest Protathlitis

I wish good luck to pao and hope that somehow Rosenborg can upset Arsenal. You missed a huge chance last week. PSV should not really care as their assured top and noone likes to play against greek teams in Athens. Sometimes i wonder why i want pao to win in Europe. oh well :gr:

If both teams can progress this can only be good for greek football. the better players see this and euro then its good for greece.

we are without henriksen and konstantinou for this match...the fact that michali i out is a big problem for us...now we can only start one striker as manoli isnt fit enough to play 90 minutes....it looks like we will play a 3-6-1 or something along tose lines....itll prolly look like this...

-----------------------------halkias---------------------------------

----------morris-----------kyriakos-------------goumas----------

-----vyntra----------------------------------------------munch----

--------maric-------------basinas--------------------skacel--------

---------------------------gonzalez----------------------------------

------------------------papadopoulos-------------------------------

the god news is that sapanis and or bikofski may jump in skacel and or maric's spot...its a real shame michali is out because that limits our forward options..i hope manoli gets thrown in earlier then previosuly...i would like to see sapanis in there for more attacking option along with bikofski...i definitly would like to see sanmartean get throw in as well...

here are the full roster list

i realistically see a hard combat in this game... the team needs to have the strongest and most powerful midfield possible to rattle the Dutch... not to mention, PSV is in top form at the moment and it will be a tough game whatever the result... since I do not see Arse-bitch-nal getting an easy win against Rosenborg, the opportunity is always there... as some guy stated above, Panathinaiko has to forget whatever s%$#! is happening at Highbury and must focus on the Phillips SV game at Apostolos Nikolaidis...

My guesses for the games are...

Arsenal-Rosenborg: 2-1 (Rosenborg takes the lead early and concede a silly goal just before the break and Arsenal score the winner with ten mins to go)

Panathinaiko-PSV: 1-1 (PAO press forward early but cannot capitalize, then on a sweet counter PSV takes the lead and PAO level it up at around 70-75 mins)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?...=318547&cc=3436

Arsene Wenger admitted the pressure is on the most inexperienced central midfield duo he has ever selected for a key game to keep Arsenal's Champions League dream alive against Rosenborg.

However, he has backed Mathieu Flamini, 20, and Cesc Fabregas, 17, to make light of the absence of experienced internationals Patrick Vieira, Gilberto Silva and Edu tomorrow night.

GROUP E UPDATES from uefa.com

Group E

Arsenal FC need three points at home to eliminated Rosenborg BK to ensure progress but were boosted on Saturday by defeating Birmingham City FC 3-0 with a Robert Pires goal and two late Thierry Henry efforts. It was a useful boost after losing 1-0 to Manchester United FC in the English League Cup last eight on Wednesday when they fielded a young side, of which goalkeeper Manuel Almunia kept his place to make his first Premiership start against Birmingham. Edu (toe), Gilberto (vertebrae), Pascal Cygan (back), Robin van Persie (ankle), Jermaine Pennant (hamstring), Dennis Bergkamp (Achilles) and Jeremie Aliadiere (knee) were all out on Saturday. Rosenborg continue to be hit by injuries, especially in defence. Orjan Berg (knee), Christer Basma (heel) and Vidar Riseth (groin) are all out of the Arsenal game after recent operations, while Jan Gunnar Solli (groin) and Robbie Russell (knee) both doubtful. Torjus Hansen was also injured in Thursday's 2-1 win away against Danish side Esbjerg fB in the Royal League, but should be ready to play.

Panathanaikos FC, who must better Arsenal's result against Rosenborg when PSV Eindhoven come to Greece, were defeated 1-0 by arch-rivals Olympiacos CFP on Saturday, Rivaldo scoring the only goal. To make matters worse, Ezequiel Gonzalez was sent off late on, but Panathinaikos are injury-free. Unbeaten Eredivisie leaders PSV, who are already through and need only a point to ensure first place, won 4-0 at bottom club De Graafschap on Saturday and broke AFC Ajax's league record of 1,082 minutes without conceding a goal, dating back to 1971. PSV's total now stands at 1,100 minutes from 12 games. Alex, Mark van Bommel and twice Jefferson Farfan scored the goals. Michael Lamey returned to the bench from hamstring injury, but striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (shoulder) and attacking midfielder John de Jong (knee) are out until the winter break. Defender Kasper Bøgelund (thigh) and midfield player Theo Lucius (hamstring) are also out.

im mad again.... Mixalis and Henriksen is out, i dont understand why.... we have to win cuz you never know what rosenborg can do in England... imagine if rosenborg ferei kanena kalo apotelesma kai emeis ta ######soume me tin PSV? I dont understand giati den pisteuoun sta thaumasta... edo emeis kataferame kai ferame 1-1 me tin Arsenal giati oxi kai i rosenborg?

einai krisimos agonas kai tha eprepe o Mixali kai o Henriksen na ksekinisoun ton agona... i have no idea pos skeftontai ston panathinaiko.... eimai poly neuriasmenos :tdown: :box: :box:

I've become dissilusioned with Scasny since the last league game and I've been reading in the press that he'll play a 4-5-1,3-6-1 at home to an indifferent team...

This was his exact mentality at Rosenborg where before the game he said that we a draw will not be bad depending on the other result. Today we are playing a must win game and hope that Rosenborg manage the unimaginable (it would be a miracle if they nick points) and instead of playing with 2 strikers he is afraid of PSV and trying to stop them from scoring...

Whenever Papadopoulos has played on his own he's been nullified, whilst Konstantinou is much stronger and and take a beating from the central defenders. I reme last year at Stutgart where Papa had the German defence taking turns at kicking him and after 3-4 challenges he was out of the game. Dimi is most dangerous running off things, not collecting the ball with the goal to his back. Doesn't this idiot Scasny know that?

I'm not opimistic at all because the coach and team has buckled under pressure at the most crucial time. (Rosenborg, Aris, Oly).

Against Oly, Scasny showed how much of a coward he is as a coach. Shurrer out and he only plays 1 striker who get's swallowed up by Anatolakis and Vallas. Oly play just 1 striker and he plays 3 central defenders! No even Maradona needed that many markers, We had an extra player in defence and Equi was closed up and could only aim at one player closely marked forward. This is where we needed to have a Sanmartean, or Sapanis to throw in an take some pressure of Eki who had Stoltidis hanging onto him like a bad smell and another 1-2 Oly players going to support Stoltidis.

The only chance we have of a possitive result is for us to score 1st. If we are gonna wait to conceed one 1st then ...good night PAO. This team has not once shown it's capable of making a comeback.

Some one mentioned the other day that Eki isn't as good as Borelli but that is wrong. Borelli had great players for teammates that would worry the opposition.

I'll remind you the players Borelli had to pass to then

Donis-----------------------Borelli---------------------Georgiadis

--------------Warzycha.....................Alexoudis

We had flying wingers then with Donis and Georgiadis and Rocha would ALWAYS play 2 strikers with Alexoudis doing all the dirty work, hustling the defenders, chasing lost balls, setting up Warzycha with a head flick from a long ball. Rocha knew that if Warzycha would be on his own the defenders would kick the crap out of him. Because every single PAO player would be threatening Borelli only had I player to deal with not 2-3 Equi had the other day and in Rosenborg

what have we got today? 1 striker for Eki to aim for in between 2 central defenders and on the side we have Maric who is a holding player and Skacel who moves like he's just come out of a brothel....

Archived