Phantis Forums

Pao Vs Psv

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All i can say is i long for some consistency with our team, i get so lifted with these performances, only to be dropped off a 50 story building head first in the following game.

What seems clear with the panathinaikos team is that the psychology of the players, usually ends up being more important than talent or skill. If the players have their minds set on a win and a good performance then it doesnt matter who plays we end up winning.

Well,the title refers to PAO staying of next round the god overall perfomance in the group....Im not very sure,but i think its the first time a team with the record of 2 wins,3 draws and 1 lost finishes third...Can someone confirm it? I know there have been teams finishing 3rd depsite having 9 pts (also OSFP in 2001) but their record was 3 wins and 3 lost...

In a group,its not only important how many points you earn but also how many points you offer to your opponents.I mean,in a 3 wins-3 lost record you also give 9 pts to your opponents,while PAO this season gave away only 6 pts...Its obvious that we were not helped at all by the results of the other matches..I could say that if onle one of all the 6 other games results was different,we would be thru...

Also,the 11 goals we scored is the best record for any greek club in a CL group..The great team of 1996 that reached the semis scored 7 goals in the group stage....The OSFP team 1999 that reached the 1/4 finals scored 8 goals in the group stage while it was said to play highly offensive football...So our record is awesome..11 goals and 8 different players scoring!!

Also,the 11 goals we scored is the best record for any greek club in a CL group..The great team of 1996 that reached the semis scored 7 goals in the group stage....The OSFP team 1999 that reached the 1/4 finals scored 8 goals in the group stage while it was said to play highly offensive football...So our record is awesome..11 goals and 8 different players scoring!!

Thats cause of the gradual emphasis on attack that is trying to be placed in our team mentality for the passed few years which is good thing.

BUT

Nobody has been able to find the formula to create a balance with our defensive duties, and attack, thus seeing us concede more goals.

Whether its our managers fault or our players fault or both...its up to each one of us to decide what we think.

I've just been watching the replay of the game on espn pacific rim region and I am disgusted in the views of their commentators.

Every time a greek team wins in the CL there is always an excuse for the oppostion that, they had a bad day. There is no credit given to greek teams.

Today one of their commentators (shamus) made a remark even though Pao beat psv by 4-1, the result didn't matter them as they had already qualified thru to the next round.

He made out that it was a non event. But the Dutch coach was totaly upset with the result, as they wanted the win to secure top spot and avoid playing major team in knock out stage.

He turns around after the game in press conference and gave credit to Pao and wished them well in uefa cup.

What is the problem with these pommie commnetators, they seem not to expect our results in CL. Even though we are european champions.

Its amazing stuff and some form of complaint should be lodged with their network.

I've just been watching the replay of the game on espn pacific rim region and I am disgusted in the views of their commentators.

But if you notice, in all pao games they have shown, they are totally orgasmic over Kirgiakos, praising and praising and praising him even for simple things.

Didnt see the game, saw some highlights, great result (which we could have caused some damage like this in Holland as well and in Norway).

Was pleased to see Lucian score and hopefully we see more of this kid!

Even though Im upset for not making it through, I think we can cause some serious chaos in the UEFA!

well..im pretty sure there was a hug and slap in there...the only big question about this game is manolis hair??? 

And Man of the Match in my opinion is Olisadebe for that hairstyle! lol

Good bye leoforos...thanks for all the memories!

We have to make the best out of every bad situation. Reality says that we are now in the UEFA Cup. Let's go all guns blazing and see how far we can get in UEFA. Why not even win it?

in our way we will have Feyernoord, Schalke, Athletic, Sevilla, CSKA, Valencia, Newcastle, Auxerre, Shaktar and probably Dinamo/Leverkuzen/Real, Partizan, Villareal, Stuttgart, and Lille.

I am worried about CSKA and Athletic Bilbao the most....Shaktar and Dinamo are also strong, Leverkuzen if they are in it will definitly make the final.....

Guys, with the disqualification in the CL another road of opportunity opens.

In the draw for the UEFA Cup we will be seeded either 2nd or 3rd or 4th in the Competion with only Valencia, Liverpool(if they don't qualify in the CL), Lazio (possibly)above us.

This means we will have favourable draws until at least the quaters but ofcouse we could get another Auxerre and with negative tactics such as Shum's last year, go out... :rolleyes:

Rank...............................00/01 01/02....02/03...03/04..04/05 Total

....2. Valencia Esp.........33.481 18.902 27.115 29.723 10.784 120.006

....6. Liverpool Eng.........27.675 22.818 20.520 14.712 11.064 96.789

...16. Panathinaikos Gre.11.227 21.712 17.365..6.375 11.705 68.384

...17. Lazio Roma Ita......17.238 9.148..23.256..7.928..9.875..67.447

Let's do it boys!!! Be the 1st Greek club to win a European Cup!!! :nw:

It shows that we should be more aggressive.... The same goes for OLY tomorrow... if they going to play 11 back, they'll lose.

I also want to pay tribute to our home.... to me it's an emotional good-bye to Leoforos.... Even if your house is old and falling apart, you cherish the memories....

The memories also denote history... and history takes a long time to be written... hope we move to our new home soon, but Leoforos will always be alive in our minds and hearts! right?

Our memories is the history of our team that took many years to be written.... It was back in 1960, on September 7th, when PAO played its first European game at Leoforos (against a checkoslovakian team, 0-0).... 44 years ago! Which means that none of the players today was alive then....

In the draw for the UEFA Cup we will be seeded either 2nd or 3rd or 4th in the Competion with only Valencia, Liverpool(if they don't qualify in the CL), Lazio (possibly)above us.

This means we will have favourable draws until at least the quaters but ofcouse we could get another Auxerre and with negative tactics such as Shum's last year, go out... :rolleyes:

You can forget Lazio, Aigaleo eliminated them last week :D

as far as Valencia, seeing them play tonight...... if ranieri is still there they are beatable...

i have to point out..one of my favorite points in the match when mun ch got taken out by park right outside the area and was appealing for the penalty when van bommel got in his way and munch, about one foot shorter then the dutchman, gets in his face and screams his head off and bommel had nothing to say...just a great moment for me...also, what do u guys think kyriakos said to the gk gomez near the end of the match after the freekick??

i dont see many oly fans posting now ;)

Guest Protathlitis

I wished yous luck before the game and now im saying well done. A good result for pao and more importantly good result for the greek league. I wouldent start getting too cocky boys, from the last few posts it seems like you think youv silenced all your critics. Remember you did just get knocked out of CL.

Will i see any kind of support for THRYLOS in the red forum, probably not eh?

:gr: :gr:

Makari...Alla gia perimenete min ehoume kamia.....Real!!! :blink: An ohi, ola ginontai! :tup:

Ok guys I was in Leoforos last night and it was a great night indeed...

To summarise...

MUNCH :nw: :nw: :nw:

BASINAS :nw: :nw:

and of course....

KYRIAKOS :nw:

Of course Papadopoulos had also a great game making the PSV defence and especially ALEX look like amateurs!!!

I will agree with PAO123 about the top moment of the Match with Munch being a true leader!!! He was awarded a free kick outside the box and then he had an 'intense' conversations with v. Bommel!!! Then he scored a penalty and he ran to Gate 13 showing the captain's bracelet and the Tryfilli in his chest... The guy is an absolute nutter!!!! :nw: I wish we had 6 Munchs's in the team. We would be unstoppable!!!!

Of course the other result spoiled the night but at least we showed to everyone that we were a better team than PSV.... I personally don't think that we lost the qualification in Tronthaim or Eithoven... The qualification wa lost due to the combination of the other scores... Arsenal did not manage to win at PSV, PSV won BOTH games against Resenberg and that turned the whole group upside down!!! I think we were purely unlucky!!! Not that we forget about our disgraceful performance at PSV nor our 'lucky' moments in the first game against Rosenborg. But thats what football is all about.... A bit of luck and a bit of..... MUNCH!!!! :nw:

Archived