Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2023

Blackhawk

Would be a good addition to our midfield. Realistically though with the landscape in Greek football, someone who played for Aris and Olympiakos would never come to PAOK.ย 

Add to that the fact that he's reportedly currently on over 1 million Euros, can't see any Greek team paying him that sort of money to tempt him to walk away from his current deal.ย ย 

Augusto, given the state of this squad and the trouble we have finding decent transfers,ย I would say is almost irreplaceable.ย  Our bench is seriously lacking in quality and players that can make the difference.ย  If the interest from Nantes is real, he will go.ย  Nantes sold their best midfielder to Rennes (according to a guy from my work who is a Rennes fan) for 15 million so they are looking for a replacement.

Siopis would be a huge boon to our squad even though I don'tย see this transfer happening.ย  We really need a tough ball winning midfielder who also gives cover to the defence.ย  Our squad lacks balls.

Edited by Bananas

From what I hearย Siopis is a die hard PAOK fan, but I would still not want him on the team. Definitively not for the money that he is asking (1 mil +). For that kind of money I think we can find a much better player.ย ย 

On 8/6/2023 at 8:48 AM, Athens4 said:

My eyesight isn't great but I didn't see Augusto in the latest training video.

He was in today's training video, you can see him in the drill at 57 seconds. Guess the sale isn't official yet, despite Ozdoyev arriving in Thessaloniki last night.ย 

ย 

ย 

The oft-unreliable media is saying both that Nantes is in heatedย negotiation with PAOK, AND not in negotiation at all. The team is DEFINITELY selling Augusto soon, but also not even considering it. Maksimovic will cost us 8mm, but his team is only asking for 4mm, and the player really wants to play here and so will force the team to sell for even less than 4. That Colombian winger's potential suitors have dried up (particularly with the SA transfer windows closing), but he is also somehow in hot demand in Europe.

Ahh this is the best time of the year.

Douglas Augusto is going to Nantes and signs a four year contract according to l'Equipe.ย 

We want Nemanja Maksimovic, a midfielder,ย from Getafe (Valencia owns 30%). We offered 3 mio, they want 4 mio.ย 

Giannina want Tsaousis on loan.