Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2023

Blackhawk

Fabrizio Romano just posted that we’re interested in Russian striker from CSKA Fedor Chalov. Scored 19 goals last season in the RPL. 

Looks like Galatasaray are interested also.. wonder where this will go

I read the articles on the PAOK sites which had a screenshot of the Romano tweet/post linking us to him. But scrolling through his twitter and FB page there is no sign of such post/tweet. Has it been taken down? Or is it possible these PAOK sites are pumping out some propaganda to keep the wolves at bay for a few days longer? 

Well in good old conspiracy theories there are posts on social media that Kargas was bribed to get the red card in that game with AEK. 

Kargas is not a bad player, but he did not fit to the style that PAOK plays. That's why he was better when he was playing for Platanias and Giannina. The reason PAOK got him was to be a backup until the injured Michailidis returned to action. And all of a sudden he became a starter in a European game and we know what happened there.

I would really hate to see Ingason go, but if he brings in the 4 mil as rumored + plus his 1 mil salary it is a good chunk of money to be used to bring good players to the team.

The team should always consider every offer. I think we've seen the heights of Ingason (and they were quite good! I like the player a lot!), and 4 million is very fair. And as you say, he is on a large salary. If the team believes in Nasberg and the young ones (which I doubt), then we should be fine. Our need is on creative attacking players.

Can't really judge a player by one play in a game where the result was already decided. Ingason is our best defenseman by far. If we are going to sell him we will need to bring in somebody that in his class or better to replace him. 

Hello boys.  Regarding the angst with not signing any players yet this might shed some light.  Essentially he's saying what we all know.  It's difficult to attract good players to Greece.  They will bide their time and only if/when they can't get a better offer will they consider Greece.  The club doesn't want to sign players for the sake of it.  Would rather spend a bit more and get quality.

It's annoying but I couldn't pick any faults in his statements.  The simple truth is if you want to attract good players to a lower rated league you have to pay overs and right now with our budget that just isn't the case.

https://www.sport24.gr/football/kyriakos-oi-protaseis-mas-den-deichnoyn-paraitisi-o-ivan-savvidis-syntoma-tha-echei-apantisei-me-tis-praxeis-toy.10095613.html

Sidenote, what's with this *crazy* talk of selling Ingason.  If our entire backline was his quality we would've gone close to the title.  He's the only what I would consider top shelf player in the back line.  Not easily replaceable at all.  I wouldn't entertain any offer under 8 million just because he would be so difficult to replace.

17 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Can't really judge a player by one play in a game where the result was already decided. Ingason is our best defenseman by far. If we are going to sell him we will need to bring in somebody that in his class or better to replace him. 

It only makes sense to keep him if we are serious about this season. If not then just replace him with Nasberg.

Reports are that we're going to offer him a new contract with a higher salary (his current one is up in 2025, so if he wants to stay he'll be richly rewarded).

-edit- lots of buzz about a "very secret" CF we are about to announce, including from my favorite (Greek-language) PAOK podcast. I added that qualifier so that PaokCT doesn't get too upset.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-O2KrYCmalY

Edited by pash

This guy was one of the founding members of PAOKMANIA. His nickname was Aparadektos, real name is Nikos Toskitsis. He sent me a free tshirt back in 2008, still got it somewhere. He is good friends with Yiankos. Anybody know where he is?

Oh no s%$#!. I stumbled on their podcast some time last year and have been loving it.

Yiankos announced his departure from the forums and then actually carried out his promise to leave. Not sure why. He did create a youtube channel for his music (he's a pianist from what I recall), but seems to have stopped updating it pretty quickly.

2 hours ago, pash said:

Reports are that we're going to offer him a new contract with a higher salary (his current one is up in 2025, so if he wants to stay he'll be richly rewarded).

-edit- lots of buzz about a "very secret" CF we are about to announce, including from my favorite (Greek-language) PAOK podcast. I added that qualifier so that PaokCT doesn't get too upset.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-O2KrYCmalY

👀

- Never liked Toskitsis. He was behind InPAOK originally. Now somebody else took over. From that PAOK Today YouTube podcast by far I prefer Antoni Tsakalea. 

- Yiankos still lives in Miami, Florida. we exchange messages once in a while

- we are thinking of signing Kedziora despite the fact that we announced his departure. This is probably due to the upcoming sale of Ingason.

- Vieirinha will sign a 1-year contract extension and will travel with the team to Holland.

- "the secret CF" is supposedly Bwana Samatta a forward from Tanzania who plays for Fenerbahce

PAOK Today is ok for light entertainment.  Obviously don't take anything they have to say regarding transfers seriously.  This one was quite funny.  Nikos bet on Ingason to score the first goal (jump to about 1:10 on the video).  It happens and his reaction made me laugh.

If it's true we're selling players like Ingason and getting Kedziora I don't hold out much hope the season, let alone qualifying for the group stage of the conference league (which will be difficult enough as it is).

I linked that one because he was talking about it, but it was on a bunch of the sites. But those sites (and these guys) are all basically copying each other's "scoops" anyway. Definitely an echo chamber.

Hopefully this works out. Rahman may be showing up soon as well.

Here is a tweet about Samatta's contract - 3 years and 1mm EUR per year. Take that as you will.