Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

True...and I was most surprised by that when he was saying it in the interviews that he gave around the time we were playing his then-squad in the EL. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to troll the club like this, though.

I cannot believe we ship out the only striker we have (barring Prijovic as we haven't really seen him yet) who can actually put the ball in the net. Klaous and Koulouris should have both been gone a while ago. Selling Klaous in the summer will be like trying to sell ice to Eskimos.

Im excited to see warda get his chance and personally i would not right off koulouris hes movemnet is good and hes time imo will come. Overall his strenghts are their. Lets see if new blood can improve him glykos styles. 

6 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Im excited to see warda get his chance and personally i would not right off koulouris hes movemnet is good and hes time imo will come. Overall his strenghts are their. Lets see if new blood can improve him glykos styles. 

Agreed on this. Koulouris doesn't need to be painted with Klaus's brush

• 3 weeks later...

Feels too soon to start a summer transfer thread, so I'll add this here - Sabo's current team (Beitar Jerusalem) is real happy with him and want to extend his loan for an extra year. What a sneaky way of buying a player without paying for him. If they want him so bad, surely they can put a few euros down to pay for him.

The team is also reportedly interested in renewing Malezas' contract, possibly for another two years (or a 1+1). He's been great this season and the only cheaper CB we have is Poungouras,

I'd say this is a good value deal. He seems to be in great shape, and some CBs age more like fine wine than milk. Delicious, delicious Malezas.

7 hours ago, pash said:

The team is also reportedly interested in renewing Malezas' contract, possibly for another two years (or a 1+1). He's been great this season and the only cheaper CB we have is Poungouras,

I'd say this is a good value deal. He seems to be in great shape, and some CBs age more like fine wine than milk. Delicious, delicious Malezas.

It makes good sense 

Malezas should definitely be kept for another season.  He's good as a backup and for rotation.  He's also good when Ivic plays 3 at the back.

What is more interesting is what will happen with the other CB's.  Will Poungouras and Chatziisaias get more game time and develop.

On a side note, Varela seems to have settled, he was shaky there for a while.  And Crespo has been very good this season.

15 hours ago, pash said:

Feels too soon to start a summer transfer thread, so I'll add this here - Sabo's current team (Beitar Jerusalem) is real happy with him and want to extend his loan for an extra year. What a sneaky way of buying a player without paying for him. If they want him so bad, surely they can put a few euros down to pay for him.

Never heard of a loan for more than one season at the same time.  If they want him, buy him.  The weird thing is on http://www.transfermarkt.com/erik-sabo/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/155597/saison/2016/verein/0/liga/0/wettbewerb//pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1 it says "No information available" for the last 10 games.