Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Warda signed with PAOK until 2020. We paid Panaitolikos 350K. They also retain 15% of any resale price. His salary will be around 250K Euro per season.

Minimum fee release clause in there ?  We've been doing it with the majority of our signings in recent times.

3 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

what position does he play? i keep reading "mesoepithtiko" but they dont specify if he's a winger or number 10/second striker 

His profile on http://www.transfermarkt.com/amr-warda/profil/spieler/237641 shows him as a LW.  If you check what position he's played this season it's mostly LW with a bit of AM.  Last season he played LW, AM and RW.

skondra is officially a free agent. Shame he came with so much promise but could never really nail down a starting spot. Only under aggelo was he a starter and he played some good football as did the whole team, over the first half of that season. 

Best of luck to him
http://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20170126-eleftheros-o-skondras/

Edited by paokarag4

I agree, it's too bad this didn't work out. RB seems to be the one position where Ivic most trusts his former youth players. Four dudes is one too many.

Some progress on the Henrique front - Rennes has agreed with their own replacement target (who's currently playing in the Africa Cup of Nations). They should announce soon, which will let us move forward. Reportedly we've agreed on 1.4mm to Rennes + 800k a year to Henrique.

1 hour ago, paokarag4 said:

skondra is officially a free agent. Shame he came with so much promise but could never really nail down a starting spot. Only under aggelo was he a starter and he played some good football as did the whole team, over the first half of that season. 

Best of luck to him
http://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20170126-eleftheros-o-skondras/

A shame.  There was a period there under "The Angel" (Anastasiadis) where Skondras was killing it.  He was even filling in at CB on occasion.  For a time there, maybe half a season or so, he was one of the first players you'd put on the team sheet.  I always thought his lack of technique was compensated for by his energy and mongrel but other managers never liked him.  It is what it is.  If we didn't have Matos, I wouldn't be happy with releasing him but Matos is just simply the best RB we've had since I don't know, maybe Borbokis ?

1 hour ago, pash said:

I agree, it's too bad this didn't work out. RB seems to be the one position where Ivic most trusts his former youth players. Four dudes is one too many.

Some progress on the Henrique front - Rennes has agreed with their own replacement target (who's currently playing in the Africa Cup of Nations). They should announce soon, which will let us move forward. Reportedly we've agreed on 1.4mm to Rennes + 800k a year to Henrique.

Sheez, our wages have gone up!  I'd like to know what our wages have been for the last ~10 or so years because even say 3 years ago we didn't have players being paid more than 200K or 300K.  Now 500+ for quite a few players.

I read a few days ago that the club's expenses this year are massively increased, to the point where the cash we made from transfers is only covering like half of it. This is yet another reason why we aren't/won't be throwing 4mm down on a player.

A lot of these expenses are related to infrastructure improvements, however. Surely at least some of those are what resulted in our team being MUCH less injury-prone than before. Frankly, I think the higher wage bill shows in how much better the team has been playing; only question is whether or not this style of play will continue.

I wonder what the club actually makes in terms of revenue.  That is, is Savvidis basically supporting the club from his own pocket and by how much ?  Or in other words, what is the true, self sufficient, financial state of the club.

I would imagine the vast majority of the funds come from the EL and tv rights. Ticket sales are negligible - if you take wiki as a rough estimate (currently at 81k), and assume an average ticket price of 10 euros, you get to cover just Campos' yearly salary. I could be way off on the price, but I can't see them significantly more profitable.

2 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

PAOK and Renne agree to a $1.6M Euros and he is on the next flight to SKG.

What a saga.  I don't know who is doing the negotiating for PAOK (rumour has it the guy in the photo) but it looks like Rennes got everything they wanted and more.

At reported 800K wages I hope Henrique is as good as his wage suggests.

a4555463-57-funny-pictures-funny-homeles

• Like it 1

Henrique will sign for 3.5 years. We are paying Rennais 1.4 mil plus they retain 20% resale option. His salary will be close to 800K. 

In other news Pereyra is reportedly being loaned to some Argentinian team according to his agent, who claims that he is 99% certain that this will happen.

Apparently Pereyra will be loaned to Colon Santa Fe for six months with a buyout option at the end of the six months. His contract with PAOK expires in June 2018. His agent said in a readio inteview that the player should be joining the team either on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

For me its no issue that facundo is going as the downfalls he has, klaus has other downfalls and other positives so its not like we are moving backwards imo. 

With the signing of henrique which i do believe will be an upgrade on gary and the signing of pirjovic which should improve our goal ratio we are starting to look more dangerous on paper as these two havent played yet. 

The last two transfer periods have been much more organised, more structured and we have now grown as a club where a 23 year old with 3 seasons under his belt (warda)with goal and games to his name is signed as a backup with the chance to make starting eleven instead of haveing K20 (eg pelkas 4 seasons ago) players as a backup and that shows we are moving forward and increasing the squad budget as well. 

What we really need is to keep winning and keep building a team environment. 

We can look to now further improve the squad with 1-3 key signings in the summer as the winter period task has been achived for me. 

2 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

With the signing of henrique which i do believe will be an upgrade on gary

Big call.  HUGE call!  I hope you're right!  But I agree with what you're saying regarding the transfers ie. it seems to be more structured overall.

At the start of the season i said gary had a lot of speed but not to much quality and if we want to be playing champions league we need more technical and more dangerous players i think that was the thinking of the club as he stats were good but not amazing, hes speed was amazing but the money we made was great we look to have a player techinically of a much higher level and a goalscorer to boot. Hes goal against fiorentima well always be remembered and was the reason everyone lost their s%$#!. 

Time well tell but if the brazilero has it we can do well for the rest of the season and go into european play offs with better wingers than this season. 

Lets see. 

• Like it 1

Vasilis Papadopoulos has been loaned to Karmiotissa FC in Cyprus.

Lamprou, meanwhile, looks like he might be on his way (on loan) to Panionios. That surprises me, but I guess it makes sense since they've sold their big fancy striker.

By my count (with the help of wiki), that would be 23 players out on loan. Jesus.