Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

The Varela transfer story (saga?) just won't go away. For f--ks sake, if he's really worth 1.5 million just pay the 2 million to settle the matter. At either price, he should be clearly and easily better than any of our current CB's. If he's only slightly better, then he's not the player we want. We don't need depth, we need a true upgrade.

I don't buy the Tzavellas rumours. If it was the season with Anastasiadis, yep, I'd believe the rumours as he was poor and there was the trouble with Anastasiadis behind the scenes. But last season he's definitely been our best CB. And he's definitely the most composed on the ball and in his distribution. Add to that he can play LB if required and has a good free kick on him. I'd be amazed if we sold him.

Vitor is gone. Malezas is a great backup/rotation option. Chatzi will hopefully have a break out season and show us what he's capable of. He seemed nervous (which is fair enough) last season. Tzavellas is currently our best CB. We haven't signed a top notch CB since Contreras.

Edited by Bananas

Reports saying Varela, Crespo and Zozulia are all very close to being confirmed.

Edit: for those not familiar with Zozulia, if you watched a Euro game featuring Ukraine, he was the striker with a bad case of premature hair loss, he is 26 years old.

Edited by Pontos

Apparently we're getting 236k from our players' involvement in the Euro. Doesn't that make up half of the difference on our purchase of Varela? Pfft just get him already.

Some Romanian site is reporting that Rat will be making a surprise return to PAOK. I doubt that, due to how many fullbacks we now have...I still do like the guy. Great attitude, it was a real poor move to terminate his contract last season.

Well, on the plus (and flip) side, it sounds like Pereyra's been a good boy at training so far. I really hope we keep this guy and that I won't see a future post in this thread talking about how we sold him for two gyros and a pack of smokes.

Zozulia is punished by Ukraine FA until November 2016 for attacking a ref in a cup game. The punishment will be in effect even if he comes to PAOK according to FIFA rules.

I doubt he'll have any problems with greek refs...