Phantis Forums

Euro 2016 France

haydar

Seems like we are all pretty much supporting Portugal in the final?

I think it would be most fitting if Portugal beat France in the final, just as they lost as hosts in 2004 they win this one against the hosts.

I'm also all for the unconvincing path they have taken to the final, yet again you will find its the likes of the English who are sooking most who can't handle another countries success, they are playing tournament football perfectly up to this point, would be gold if they won it on penalties without taking a shot for 120 minutes lol.

I wasn't supporting Portugal before, but given the comments of Santos I will be going for them especially if Germany wins tonight.

Portugal have done enough but hardly look like Champions but now that they are in the final they may well win it.

Critics can trash them but they cant deny them if they win. The English press I guess will be feral though.

I guess Portugal has as much of a chance as France but I'm going for France. I'm sure everyone was going for Portugal in 2004 when Greece shocked the world and part of me wants Portugal to win, nah.

Santos seems like a nice guy but is that enough reason for Portugal to win, hmmm.

Don't agree with the things some say about Muller.

I don't like him. None of the Germans by the way. But the man has shown his skills before. 32 goals in 77 games for "The Mannschaft" is a great record for a 26-year old not being a classical CF. He won the golden boot in WC 2010......

Can't believe no one has interest in this topic. :la:

I watched several games, some exciting some very boring. Anyway, the latest was Portugal - Wales and Germany - France. I liked them both, but the teams who controlled most of the game lost. Portugal has not impressed me for reaching the final. Yes, Ronaldo can and has changed outcomes by doing 1 good thing in a game, but for the team's talent they're horrible in my opinion.

On the other hand, Germany had 70% possession and did nothing. Their 2-3 good opportunities came after they're were down 2-0.

What do you think of the final game, France - Portugal?

That reminds me of the joke where one guy is driving down the highway while listening to the radio. Suddenly the announcer comes on and says :"Warning! There appears to be one lunatic that is driving against the flow of traffic on the highway!" The guy shakes his head and says :"What one lunatic are you talking about? It's hundreds of them!"

Here's the topic Athinaios: http://forums.phantis.com/topic/13142-euro-2016-france/

Hahahhaa... I'm getting rusty...   Though I thought of merging the two topics and having the last laugh.....

As for the joke, it's an old one but very funny. However, in the Greek contest..... where everyone drives like crazy, you'd be ..crazy to be driving by obeying the rules ;)

I'll be the black sheep of this Phantis-family then. :-)

Don't like France either but I really really really don't like Putagal.

Not only the fact that defensive football would get a reward but more the way they act. Bunch of dramaqueens; if you push (my autocorrection wanted to make Pash of this word) them slightly they will fall down and roll to the cornerflag. But more how Renato Sanches and Andre Gomes stepped on the legs of Modric and Rakitic. Disgusting.

As someone who had no country to support (apart from my love for the Azzuri - and yes they play defensive too, but their national anthem is so awesome and their fanela so beautiful) it was a very very very disapointing euro. The tension if The Netherlands or Greece plays is so heavy that you can not see how bad the game at times is. But as a neutral it was boring as hell. The only teams that wanted to play were France and Germany. All the others played with the intentions not to lose.

All I have been reading yesterday and today is how terrible this Euro has been. They keep brining up Greece not deserving to win 2004 and how this Portugal team is basically doing the same thing the Greeks did. Riding on luck and playing defensively.

Unbelievable the jealousy that exists.

Come on Portugal beat these frogs.

I'm sure most of Greece is cheering for you!!