Phantis Forums

Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)

Ziaka

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Eintracht Frankfurt Fan Magazine voted Kyrgiakos, on the website, as the team's 4th most popular player by the readers.

1. 1.535 Amanatidis, Ioannis

2. 917 Pr

• 2 weeks later...

kiriakos had a good game against adriano though. i still remember how the german commentators were full of praise for soto. one moment of brilliance by adriano made soto look bad.

in any case i think kiriakos is a super player. what he lacks though is his ability to build up the play from the back. he tends to offer long balls and little less. if he could play some nice passes he would be much better and more interesting for the top clubs.

kiriakos had a good game against adriano though. i still remember how the german commentators were full of praise for soto. one moment of brilliance by adriano made soto look bad.

in any case i think kiriakos is a super player. what he lacks though is his ability to build up the play from the back. he tends to offer long balls and little less. if he could play some nice passes he would be much better and more interesting for the top clubs.

He's improved alot in his distribution though. He always looks for the short pass, if it isn't on, then he goes long like an idiot! But for me his main weakness is when he has to turn and run. In other words, when the ball is in front of him he's as good as John Terry, when it's behind him though and he has to turn backwards and run for it, he's either slow or clumsy. Another weakness, and this is what I think has stopped him from being at a Man Utd or Juve, is that his movement is naive, particularly when he's isolated. He gets a rush of blood and feels like he needs to run out of position to get the ball, and thats when he can get caught out, e.g. the goal we conceded against Finland.

Having said that, I still think he's good enough to be at a top club. He reminds me a little of Materazzi in his style and ability. If he performs to the best of his ability at Euro 2008, then I'm sure he'll get his big move.

kirgiakos scored in 70' against hamburg... eintracht lost 4-1 tho

It's worrying that Frankfurt concede so many goals so frequently when Kyriako is in the central defence. Does anyone know whether the reasons for this are because he's in a s%$#! defence, or is he equally to blame. In other words, is he a big fish in a small pond that can't fight away the predators forever, or are they a bunch of small fishes?

what more could you ask for? a solid defender who does his job well in the backlines and at the sane time scores goals.. goumas is finding this kind of form for pao also..

could these 2 defender prove to be vital in our euro campaign?

well done kyrgiakos.. for me this player should be playing in a top flight team in the epl or la liga. what is his score tally this season?

funny you said that i watched the replay last night.. and i agree with you..

i just think hes in good form apart from those blunders

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kyriakos is playing from a position of strength here. He knows that if he performs well at the Euro, teams from the EPL, La Liga, and Serie A will be clamouring for him. If not, I think he'd be much better off staying in the Bundesliga than going to Turkey or Greece.

Guest TheLegend

He said he doesnt want to go to Greece at this point in his career. Anyone here actualy think that he is even considering Turkey?

Kyriakos is playing from a position of strength here. He knows that if he performs well at the Euro, teams from the EPL, La Liga, and Serie A will be clamouring for him. If not, I think he'd be much better off staying in the Bundesliga than going to Turkey or Greece.

Thus far, Real Betis, Hamburg, Olympiakos and Besiktas are the clubs that have been linked. Hamburg are the best team of the 4 imo but Betis is the best league. Besiktas would be a silly move and he's already ruled out returning to Greece. I'm sure he'll be spotted by a very good club after the euros.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15479724333

I'm not on facebook but i know that many of you are. i was with a friend today while he was on his account and we came across this tribute group to sotirios kyrgiakos. it's titled "kyrgiakos is the baddest mother****** in world football". :LOL: anyway i thought all you phantis members that are also on facebook might want to sign up. they've also started a discussion on where he should go now that he's left frankfurt.

Sotirios Kyriakos was arguably our best player at the euro. Im sure after a performance like his he will go to a bigger club. :tup:

Havnt heard any rumors about him..anyone know anything?

his character seems to be an issue though. had an horrible exit at frankfurt where he didnt attend the teams end of the season party and went around in interviews claiming that the chapter frankfurt is finished for him although club and fans liked him. porbably he thought he would get a top offer at the euro which hasnt happened.

had a row with his mnanager which led to them going seperate ways as well recently. an his manager quite unprofessionally making statements about a money-hungry kiriakos publicly.

i dont know where he wille end up, but him resigning with frankfurt wouldnt have been the worst option IMO. i doubt he will make a MUCH better club. unless he returns to greece of course...

Guest geok

his character seems to be an issue though. had an horrible exit at frankfurt where he didnt attend the teams end of the season party and went around in interviews claiming that the chapter frankfurt is finished for him although club and fans liked him.  porbably he thought he would get a top offer at the euro which hasnt happened.

had a row with his mnanager which led to them going seperate ways as well recently. an his manager quite unprofessionally making statements about a money-hungry kiriakos publicly.

i dont know where he wille end up, but him resigning with frankfurt wouldnt have been the worst option IMO. i doubt he will make a MUCH better club. unless he returns to greece of course...

• Argy changed the title to Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived