Phantis Forums

Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)

Ziaka

Imo most or second most valuble on the NT. him or gekas. But hes playing amazing.

EASILY Kyriakos imo. We can cope without Gekas if we have to (after all he only has 1 goal for the NT), but without Kyriako we might as well bend over before the game starts! He's a warrior! We need him at his VERY best in these next 2 games.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

here we go...greek mme is reporting that turkish mme (hurriet) is reporting that kyrgiako has verbally agreed to a move to besiktas.

if there is any truth to this - to me this would be considered a terrible career move by soto. unless the money is spectacular...

its nothing spectacular. Apprently its 2.5 mill which is alot, but not enough to play for a decent team in a below average league. If he isnt going to one of the big leagues like england or spain they why wouldnt he return home. I think olympiakos want him. why besiktas? why?! Bad move

I don't know if this is true, surely not?  :blink:

http://www.sport24.gr/html/ent/399/ent.212399.asp

KYRIAKOS TO BESIKTAS???  :blink:

sorry dude, i didn't see this when i posted my news bit about kyrgiako. then, magically, i see it the next day...yet the time is stamped before my post.

hmmm, are your posts being censored before final posting?

ya aek thats funny... i thought that two... One day i posted my reply and then the next day Dude's reply was before me??

i can never understand why english premierleague teams never go for quality greek players like kyrgiakos? im not talking about big clubs like chelsea, man utd, arsenal, liverpool (eventhough i think hes good enough) but clubs like middlesborough, everton, newcastle, reading etc.

stelios and samaras are the only ones playing there at the moment.

gekas should be playing there

amanatidis should be playing there

seitaridis should be playing there... and the list goes on..

i just dont understand

i can never understand why english premierleague teams never go for quality greek players like kyrgiakos? im not talking about big clubs like chelsea, man utd, arsenal, liverpool (eventhough i think hes good enough) but clubs like middlesborough, everton, newcastle, reading etc.

i just dont understand

To be fair, Dabizas used to play for Newcastle and Zagorakis for Leicester; so its not like English clubs are biased against Greek players (Chalkias also played with Portsmouth for a bit).

There were also rumours of Tottenham being interested in Katsouranis. I agree with you on Seitaridis but he's already at Athletico and many people think La Liga is a better league than the EPL anyways...

i just dont understand

seitaridis plays in a better league right now. And its not like ama. and gekas are playing for bad teams.

i just dont understand

It's because Greek players are always terrible in England. Chalkias and Skopelitis were so bad they only lasted a few months. Donis was terrible, Dabizas started well but became a huge liability eventually, and at

Kyriakos won't be going to Besiktas, CSKA or anyone before Euro 2008. If I'm not mistaken his contract runs out at the end of the year and he knows he'll be in the window for a possible move if he impresses. He definitely has the ability to do so and won't want to restrict his chances before this tournament.

• Argy changed the title to Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived