Phantis Forums

Dusan Bajevic

Crazy

Dusan Bajevic will be the new coach for Aris for the next 3 years.A great move that will make Ari even better than before.I am sad that is not my teams coach but i am happy that he went to a team with many good young players and hopefully he can make them contender in a couple of years. :tup:

Posted Image

http://www.sportaction.gr/document.php?cat...cument_id=78473

Also his first comments after the announcement:

http://www.supersport.gr/soccer/anational/....asp?aid=131706

Why do you hate Bajevic? This guy was the only coach with European success with Olympiakos.

Congrats to Aris but I also don't see him there for 3 years.

I don't hate Bajevic, I really rate him. I'm just not sure if the players Ari have suits his management style.

As much as I really reate Bajevic I'm not sure he'll suit Aris' style of play. Will be interesting to see how it develops. One thing is for sure, if he'd taken over a week ago Okkas would have signed with them! :LOL:

Don't worry DUDE...Okkas will surely be paying his visits to Dusan's office for pipitses.

anyway, I don't think Dusan will do well with all the Latins on the team. They are egoist and he clashes with players who think they are superstars.

Why do you hate Bajevic? This guy was the only coach with European success with Olympiakos.

Congrats to Aris but I also don't see him there for 3 years.

I don't hate Bajevic, I really rate him. I'm just not sure if the players Ari have suits his management style.
You still have not bothered to explain why you hate him. I just said we had the most success under him. What's to hate? The fans drove him out of town twice.

I can only view this move as helping ARIS. Bajevic always attracts former players to his teams, so expect some transfers in January to ARIS, that ofcourse if their finances allow it. Okkas is a player that I think would be a perfect fit for ARIS's style.

• 7 months later...

In 2 press conferences or talks to public, Duško denied all the recent articles about him being potentialy contacted and then potentially acquired by Panathinaikos.

Labros Skordas, our president also denied the stuffs in his eagerly-awaited press conference yesterday. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Very soon (not sure whether today or in next days) will be a general post-season meeting where naturally Labros Skordas and Duško will participate. And also the Duško issue will be talked/discussed. Earlier Duško told journalists that he didn't talk to PAO and only one who will decide about his stay here is himself. Apparently Duško will contact his collaborators, if not already, about the final decision. Sure from the "environment" and everything like recent happenings, can be concluded that our party is positive/hopeful about him fulfilling one more year of his contract, but from Duško's party not everything is clear. ;) But I have some kind of feeling that he will be gone which will cheer me up very much. :) Also Duško will deposit his "wish list" of transfers and releases to Skordas plus will demand that financies/budget on transfers and goals complement more!

In the last training yesterday before the summer holidays for players he told them that he would see them in June 25 just at the beginning of the first stage of summer preps of our team, which along the lines means that he will stay with us. Also Duško participated in the last meeting of players and staff together (dinner) and of course no negative answer by him, as all passed well and positive.

On the other side some papers/sources speculate that he should be soon in Athens to talk to the powerful head of PAO Mr. V'giannis in a meeting where they will talk about Duško's potential heading to PAO, because The "powerful" of Greens wants him in green. ;)

Let's say the chances for his "stay" against "go" are 60-40% (but if you ask me even 60 is too much ;) )

On the official site was placed a statement of Duško where he says he stays with Aris to fulfil his contract. Also it is true that he spoke to Tzigger.

Labros Skordas on his latest (today's) press accuses PAO of trying to "seduce" a coach who is under a contract of some other club (in this case Aris) and asks from Bajević to officially state what he wants which he did as I explained in the first paragraph above.

Also Skordas threatens that whole this affair could go to FIFA even.

Crazy, isn't it what I stated also in a post right above yours..or you don't believe me or understand...or you didn't notice my post?! :whistle:

Joking aside, yes all Ariani and myself should think of the pride of our club and that is what Scordas thinks as well, but if you ask me whether I'm happy for him to stay or not, I'll say not.

Does this mean that I'll keep watching some of our football like this year where we parade 4-3-3 with quite some attacking impotence or 4-3-1-2 with 3 defensive midfielders or some of his ego and preference towards certain players like unliking and firing Amoroso and the same time playing some of the players/his "sons" who even don't deserve too much playing time such as Prittas, Kouloucheris, Felipe etc..Only exceptions are Ivić and Jahić who deserve/d actually.

And I disagree with the public statements all these months where majority of media stuffs "lick" and favor Duško and his football in Aris only basing their opinions on what he was once, what he conquered with other clubs in Greece (well I don't care what he conquered with others) and not what he is now: and today he is overrated, an old coach, old-fashioned, a bit stubborn whose substitutions suck generally, whose all first halves suck too and I absolutely don't like what I see on pitch in majority of matches. Plus he is drowning himself and our latino-orientated club in his own over-tactics, and we all know the fact that latino players are better technicians and some of them really don't enjoy in over-tacticizing...Also he threw out all our taller attackers in January like Gougoulias, Anderson, Redan for the sake of injured Papazoglou and at the end of the day it looked like the lack of a tall striker was our "blackest hole". And probably there are some more stuffs about him, where some of them can't come to my mind momentally...

And it's not true that we play the best football. Or at least we share it with Panionios, Larisa, AEK at their better mood who not just are at the same level of beauty with us (maybe, if not higher), but all 3 clubs have better attack and are more potent.

Well, I just hope I could stand him for the next season too. Anyways, I'll try to enjoy in the summer and some of our transfers/moves which hopefully would be that what we need.

Don't mind Crazy REY, he works for the department of redundancy department :P

I am glad Dusko is staying with Aris. I always thought he was class as a player and it has been sad to see him endure so much heckling from fans over the years. It's also good for Greek football to have Aris continue their successful year. I think they will content for one of the top three spots next year with Bajevic and a couple good transfers.

Archived