Phantis Forums

Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)

Ziaka

Gekas scored twice today vs. Borussia Dortmund (2-0 win for Bochum)

that's 12 goals this season already :tup:

he'll be their hero if they stay up in the end

...and 2002 champions Dortmund are in real danger, only 1 point from relegation zone, what a shame... :(

Gekas scored twice today vs. Borussia Dortmund (2-0 win for Bochum)

that's 12 goals this season already :tup:

he'll be their hero if they stay up in the end

...and 2002 champions Dortmund are in real danger, only 1 point from relegation zone, what a shame... :(

Shame? I think it's actually quite refreshing! It shows football can be more than just big clubs and money. Bravo re Geka paihtara! :nw: :gr:

As a Greek i am so proud to see Geka do so good. BRAVO to him!!! I see him leaving Bochum for a bigger club at the end of the year. Again BRAVO!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :gr: :gr:

As a Greek i am so proud to see Geka do so good. BRAVO to him!!! I see him leaving Bochum for a bigger club at the end of the year. Again BRAVO!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :gr: :gr:

Going to a bigger club is not necessarily in his hands. PAO still owns his rights and will have to agree to any move. Of course they will agree if the money is right but his attitude at the beging of the season towards managment, although understandable, may come back to bite him in the ass.

I hope he moves to a bigger team and gains the experience our NT needs but he should be careful with the way he approaches this move. Also, from what i remember PAO gave PAOK 40% of his rights in the Salpigidis deal, how does it work as far as the final decision for any proposed transfer, does PAOK have any rights in brokering a deal.

to clear things up:

paok has no rights or say on gekas! what you say about 40% never happened!

pao loaned him to bochum who can buy him for 400.000 €. if bochum fails to remain in the first league, gekas will move elsewhere. pao wont put stones in his way, thats for sure.

gekas has a good run. the problem with the ethniki remains though that he s just not a winger. as long as we play 4-3-3 i dont see gekas making a real impact because otto will use him on the right offensive wing.

Gekas is the perfect CF for our NT.

We know now that he is playing in a better league that he can score against anyone. In fact, he is the only one who can play the position for our NT that plays counter-attack football.

Gekas is quick, he is fast, he is strong, he is good with his head (for his height) and both feet, and he is very smart in the box. He is also more skilled than people give him credit for. His only drawback is that he does not work as hard outside the box, but he should not have to.

Gekas is the perfect CF for our NT.

We know now that he is playing in a better league that he can score against anyone. In fact, he is the only one who can play the position for our NT that plays counter-attack football.

Gekas is quick, he is fast, he is strong, he is good with his head (for his height) and both feet, and he is very smart in the box. He is also more skilled than people give him credit for. His only drawback is that he does not work as hard outside the box, but he should not have to.

File mou I disagree. Greece dont really play counter attacking football. We are defensive and when we do attack we are either direct or play a patient build up game, i.e. get the ball to the nearest blue shirt. Because of this, imo we need a forward who can make things happen by himself and who can feed from scraps. That striker is Salpi! ;)

It looks like Gekas might be moving up!! There is rumors going around that Stugard wants him. That will be a good move for him. :tup: Here is the link:

Edited by AEKPROTATHLIMA

agoraste ton!!!! h paokara tha parei tote 320,000 apo ta 800,000 :D

Megale thats what i thought but aekrossoponti said that PAOK didnt own any percentage of his rights. I was under the impression that PAOK owned 40% of Gekas rights. Edited by ORIGINALAEKARA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (free agent)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic