• France
    • Germany
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Other (post and explain)

The poll of polls in WC 2006...

So, who will win it all? Will it be a European side on European soil? Is Brazil stoppable? Will the star-studded Argentinian side walk away with the honours?

Vote and let us know.

PS. Apologies as some strong outsider teams were left outside the box of choices (Czechs, Mexico, etc.).

I wish I could say Sweden, it would certianly be Czech Republic.

My second choice is Netherlands.

I think Sweden would face Germany in the last 16, that's where it would end our run, otherwise if we face Poland instead. :hypocrite:

I'm going with a team not listed.....Team USA will surprise many at this World Cup. It's time for us to show the world that we are a very talented club that can play with the best of them!!!

GO USA!!!!

please stop this nonsense!

I'm going with a team not listed.....Team USA will surprise many at this World Cup. It's time for us to show the world that we are a very talented club that can play with the best of them!!!

GO USA!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The truth is: none of us here in Europe know what to expect from the US! In 2002 they surprised me by going through against Portugal and Poland. They do it with a lot of teamwork, pretty much as Greece did in Euro 2004.

Who knows what they'll do in 2006? :huh:

Personally, I expect a lot of "uno a zero"s from Italy (can't wait to see this Toni kid) but...can anyone stop a front line of Adriano and Ronaldo supported by Kaka and the one and only Ronaldinho?

I'm going with a team not listed.....Team USA will surprise many at this World Cup.  It's time for us to show the world that we are a very talented club that can play with the best of them!!!

GO USA!!!!

I have a feeling that BRAZIL is over-exagerrated. Okay, Ronaldinho Kaka ZeRoberto Adriano Ronaldo look great but has anyone notice that Ronaldinho fades in big games (aganst Arsenal in Champions Cup final)?

and I think that NOT BRAZIL but EGLAND is the team to beat... If Brazil offence is very strong dont writeoff ENGLAND. Gerrard Lampard Owen Becks Rooney/Crouch is a very good sub-team. And ENLGAND have a quite easy road till quarters (second round play with probably ECUADOR-POLAND).

England

Mature enough, Settled Coach, Good Players, Depth on the Bench

I dont say that because I am sure. Its a matter of who is better prepared for a two week tournament as it always proves to be the case (see Greece inthe Euro) ...

But with the way I see the English issue... its simply a case "if not now, when? "

...when they learn to defend! :P

If any European side is going to break through (I'm not saying any will) it's going to be Italy with some fine defending and Luca Toni doing what Paolo Rossi did in 1982.

GO USA!!!!

I got 2 words for you, CZECH MATE!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I AGREE WITH ZIAKA.

GERMANY IS THE TEAM TO BEAT IN THIS WC.

THEY PLAY AT HOME AND THEY ARE HUNGRY FOR IT.

FOR THOSE WHO THINK THAT ENGLAND IS A CONTENDER I SAY THEY WILL FOLD AND RELATIVELY SOON.

MY PICK ALEMANIA

I believed that Brazil will be the champion again but after there performance yesterday i am not that sure anymore.Many big teams did not played well in the first games so i got to see them some more.

Spain's performance was quite amasing.. They easily broke the resistance of Ukraine which was probably one of the best performers in Europe.. But it's bad to see Spain becoming another Germany as they had and Argentine (Mauro Pernia and a Brasileiro (Marcos Senna) in their squad... It's a shame that happened under their racist coach Aragones :LOL: ...

But I have a feeling they will hit the rocks against strong opposition (FRANCE, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA...etc)... Quarters I think they can all do :( ...

Archived