• England
    • France
    • Germany
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Other (post and explain)

Other teams, besides Spain that have looked good: Argentina, Italy, Holland, Czechland and...Ecuador. :tup:

Germany, England and Brazil will have to improve to be considered contenders.

France appears to be hopeless. :tdown:

i really dont see the big fuss about ecuador.......they beat poland on 2 breaks when the poles just couldnt get the last finishes in unlucky.... and Costa Rica....thats not really the team to beat....they may have beaten Germany's offside trap once (the other was offside) and scored but they are my pick for worst team in this tournament from before it started anyways....

Ecuador is a super team.. If there's one team that has combined great offensive speed and solid defensive effort, it is Ecuador. They simply outclassed the Poles and they walked over Costa Ricans... I really hope they get the group lead... They will crash Sweden in the Second Round... if they play them... ;)

I have collected some ideas from famous Turkish coaches via e-mail about the World Cup after all teams made their first outing...

Senol GUNES - TURKISH NT COACH 2000-2004: Italy looks to be the most complete team but do not write off England. They are not playing at a high pace and I think they are somewhat hiding themselves for latter rounds. They are not the most attractive but argubly the most clever team in there. But we will see Brazil in the final, that's for sure in my opinion.

Mustafa DENIZLI - TURKISH NT COACH 1996-2000: Ecuador look like they may grab some serious surprises but the question is whether they can keep their form at such a high level. But my favourite remains Brazil and it will probably be a Brazil-Germany final. Germany should never be underestimated and they will get better as the tournament goes further. I am still expecting a few surprises in the Group Stages.

Umit KAYIHAN - FORMER COACHES OF SEVERAL ANATOLIAN TEAMS: Argentina and Italy are a step ahead of the rest. Argentina has learnt to defend it seems and this is the best and most versatile Italian side since Spain'82. I believe that if they are paired in the second round, Czechs will eliminate Brazil who seemed to be careless in their first game.

Celal KIBRIZLI - FORMER SEKERSPOR and GENCLERBIRLIGI COACH: Brazil are full of names but they were terrible against Croatia. England didn't look well against Paraguay but I have a feeling they will be romping the tournament in the latter rounds. Italy didn't impress me at all and we may see a Brazil-Italy clash in the second round. Holland played a fine game against Serbia-Montenegro but they are a bit inexperienced to cope with latter rounds, I believe. Spain are set for their greatest World Cup outing perhaps.

Archived