Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys I have a Swedish friend who said that 4 NT Swedish players are on the verge of signing for PAO. He said that these are Elmander (Brondby) , Wilhemsson (Anderlecht), Kallstrom (Rennes) and Mellberg (Villa). Is there any truth in this???? Has anyone else heard of these links? They'd be great acquisitions if true.

Panathinaikos Interest For Barcelona's Javier Saviola Confirmed - Liverpool Interest Rumoured

The agent of Barcelona's striker Javier Saviola confirmed that Panathinaikos FC in Greece have made an offer for the Argentinian, while Liverpool FC manager Rafael Benitez is rumoured to have instructed the Club to make all the necessary arrangements to bid on the player.

http://www.worldcuplatest.com/panathinaiko...as-ja-4077.html

:blink:

On the swedish players Ethnikistis mentioned 3/4 would be great signing however i dnt think mellberg or Kallstorm would come... :tdown:

only one of them i would think pao will get is Elmander who is the weakest one youve mentioned ;)

the sweish players interest me...i have seen them all quite a bit and i think they would make great acquisitions but im not sure any of them will happen..as for saviola just cause we are talking to them means nothing..why would saviola come to pao?? to play in a league far below the premier or la liga? to play uefa cup football again when h could be playing champions league?? to play with player like gkekas, manztios or papadopoulos when he could be playig withh henry, gerrard or riquelme? the only thing that gives us a slight chance is our offer is good, but do you think spanish or english clubs wont offer as much if not more then us..i would love if he came..he would be the overall best signing a greek team has made but i cant see why he would choose greece..maybe the weather? mb the women? maybe the frappedes?? haha

On the swedish players Ethnikistis mentioned 3/4 would be great signing however i dnt think mellberg or Kallstorm would come... :tdown:

only one of them i would think pao will get is Elmander who is the weakest one youve mentioned ;)

Initially I couldnt see it happening either, but following further consideration, why not??? PAO is a bigger club than any of them! With these signings PAO would have to be considered one of the favourites to win the UEFA Cup! Personally I'm a big fan of Kallstrom, that left foot is magic, and Rennes aren't a great side. Ok, they had a decent season but they lost 5-1 to PAOK FFS! :gr: Elmander is talented and might finally look to move away from Denmark. Mellberg is set for a relegation fight with Villa, why stay??? And Willhemson is more likely to win titles with PAO than Anderlecht! The signings aren't impossible! Assuming Vardinoyianni is actually willing to put his hand in his pocket!!!

this goes more to destroy the dumb stereotype that everything is being pocketed or the club never spends money....they do spend money and they do look to. they did this last year as well.

i dont think saviola will choose to go to PAO though..

this goes more to destroy the dumb stereotype that everything is being pocketed or the club never spends money....they do spend money and they do look to. they did this last year as well.

i dont think saviola will choose to go to PAO though..

when tzigger comes out an says that we can not get big names because they want come here,what do you expect people to say?that he is a big spenter?Even if saviola wont come at least there was an offer to bring him here.that is the positive part.

Archived