Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

heres some news

The greek team is in melbourne as everyone knows, and pap is in the squad!

It just so happened that i found out wat hotel they were at and me and a mate quickly went down and we were very fortunate to see them just as they were walking out of the lobby into a bus to attend a function!

I managed to take a few fotos with a few players...goumas, basinas, gkekas, giannakopoulos.

Anyways, I saw pap and i immediately called out to him and he turned around (seeing as we were the only ones there) and started joking with him to please sign a new contract etc and dun leave... :D

well he gave me the dirtiest look and just walked off without saying anything!!

lol doesnt look good! :whistle: :whistle:

apart from that everyone else was friendly esp goumas who started laughing when i told him to tell pap to sign a new contract!

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dudu :LOL:

you wait and see hell be a legend :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

about this rumor though the only paper is from that one Indian newspaper. Its probably BS, the player is likely going to Athens for a trial but its probably for Athinaikos or something and they just changed it for a story......

But if for some reason he really is going to PAO (arent the team on vacation how exactly is he going to trial?) He would have to be particularly special in some way for him to even be considered or flown in to Athens for a trial........i mean if we wanted a cheap solution in a striker we would go for Kritikos or Ganchev who are pretty good as it is...and we already brought Tsigkas back...so i doubt this rumor is accurate...

So what we own, OFI's striker Nwafor, and hes on loan. We own heaps of guys who arent in our squad. Dudu is 21 looking to move to europe, why not sign him if hes good. Its a simple mention that hes apparently trialling, it shouldnt be big issue, and shouldnt be a negative issue either.

By the way trialling doesnt necessarily mean playing a competitive game. Training sessions are mainly how players are trialed these days.

You dont even know him, how can you laugh. Not all good players are known worldwide, and in no ways do you have to sign known players to build a team, producing/discovering players is also a massive part of football for godsake.

Yakubu(england) was from shitass israeli teams till he was discovered.

Aghahowa was a star in tunisia, before he went to shaktar.

Lets criticise the club/board when they deserve it please.

just my words!

along with olisadebe!

also geremi playing in some turkish midle team before going direct to real!

well there was no reason for him to give u dirties afterall u are just a opado,,,,,if its true and he wanted 800 000 clear in the hand wat were we suppose to do give him wat he wanted??????afterall who is bigger the player or the club eleos!!!!!!look i hate the management,,,,,but im sick to death of all this bs,,,,,we lose player after player,,,alla if papa said its 800 or nothing ,,,and were talking like 100 000 euro difference and he wouldnt budge,,,eh tote den pas mala.ka na g*****,is.,.....ekanes tipota stin burnley edo sou kaname to paikti pou ise kai den sou kanoune ta 700 000 evro eleos

Dudu :LOL:

you wait and see hell be a legend :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

about this rumor though the only paper is from that one Indian newspaper. Its probably BS, the player is likely going to Athens for a trial but its probably for Athinaikos or something and they just changed it for a story......

But if for some reason he really is going to PAO (arent the team on vacation how exactly is he going to trial?) He would have to be particularly special in some way for him to even be considered or flown in to Athens for a trial........i mean if we wanted a cheap solution in a striker we would go for Kritikos or Ganchev who are pretty good as it is...and we already brought Tsigkas back...so i doubt this rumor is accurate...

So what we own, OFI's striker Nwafor, and hes on loan. We own heaps of guys who arent in our squad. Dudu is 21 looking to move to europe, why not sign him if hes good. Its a simple mention that hes apparently trialling, it shouldnt be big issue, and shouldnt be a negative issue either.

By the way trialling doesnt necessarily mean playing a competitive game. Training sessions are mainly how players are trialed these days.

You dont even know him, how can you laugh. Not all good players are known worldwide, and in no ways do you have to sign known players to build a team, producing/discovering players is also a massive part of football for godsake.

Yakubu(england) was from shitass israeli teams till he was discovered.

Aghahowa was a star in tunisia, before he went to shaktar.

Lets criticise the club/board when they deserve it please.

of course i can laugh.....the guy plays in the INDIAN league!!! If he was good enough to make a team like PAO I doubt he would move to India to pursue his career, i mean no african/lower european teams wanted him? Its possible but would be amazing if he was good enough to sign...

Of course if hes good enough we should sign him. I said this rumor is probably a mistake (since only that one indian paper said anything, and again it wouldnot be surprising if they mixed Athinaikos with PANathinaikos one bit. ) I think it would make no sense for PAO to sign another inexperienced player when they have 3 promising young strikers already waiting for the chance. And Nwaffor-----wat about him PAO owns him. Hes not bad at all actually hes gotten goals this year for OFI.

For trials i didnt say anythign about competitive matches....If theres no team to try with like in a regular practice they cant just asses him dribbling a ball and shooting by himself...

You are right though Ayegbeni started out in Israel...but at least thats UEFA and India is a crap league even for Asia! The kid could definitly be good and if he is actually made a trial with PAO then there must be somethign really special for PAO to even consider an Indian league player...and I am 100% in agreement not all good players are known and many awful players are!!

Critisize the club/board? Please identify where I did this. Read the post, its nowhere in there. I questioned the credibility of the rumor and said we had no reason to go for this player so i think its more doubtful.

do not underestimate players in Asia.. ok, he may well be crap but if he'll come to trial, then give him a chance..

and Geremi played for Genclerbirligi before joining straight to Real for €5.5M... ;)

esp goumas who started laughing when i told him to tell pap to sign a new contract!

Yiannis G. is one great guy. :tup:

He may not be the greatest talent on the team, but always gives 110% and LOVES Panathinaikos. He is from the academy.

I do not buy player jerseys, but if I did, he would be my only choice at the moment :nw: I am glad you got to meet him. Karagounis is a riot too. :LOL:

Posted Image

PEACE

Very hard to get big names under 30 to come to Greece. If you were a player under 30, good talent and with options to go to other teams, where would YOU go?...

Would you go to a league that is run like a ..paragka? Would you go to a team that has been either out of CL play or can't advance out of the group stage because of horrible results?

No! You would go to Greece because you're getting older, and if you have a big name, you know that you can NOT play at your past level--you just need some more money (wherever you can get it) to finish out your carreer.

You'd go Greece if you have no OTHER good options. If you're younger, you want to prove your stuff there and then move on.

Finally, our best players LEAVE Greece, and when they leave they ALL have said they wanted to go to a better league, even if the don't see action all the time.

We know that our club management does NOT appreciate Greek talent. Any foreign player must know that at least our management (PAO) does not seem to want to be competitive in the big league (CL)... otherwise, it would keep--not for lot more $--players who had proven their worth!

that is why we should be able to get rommedahl!

he has not been a starter for charlton and therefore he has maybe his last chance before he gets old to play in europe(uefa cup)

he is 29 and has maybe 2-3 good years left in him!

also i believe we have a chance in getting the real gonzales(kily)

he still has alot of pace and this should be good transfer for us :tup:

kily would not be a bad transfer even though he is old..it would be much better tthen the transfer of flavio, this is for sure..but it is true boys..it is impossible to get a quality talent under the age of 30 to greece...the greek league has much to go before this happends...kily could go both ways, but i still dont believe the reports untul its on paper...

how old Rivaldo is??? megalos alla paizei kala........

Munch??? Heinriksen??? 32 years old is not bad at all.......

bravo not only are they dum they are plain stupid if they try sign 30 yr old hasbeens,,,,,,they signed flavio and they didnt learn,,if they continue in this veign eh tote pame gia sintaksi

If he comes he will be coming form inter milan....not from galatasaray. Flavio comparisons arent warranted.

It is up to Bakke to decide the line up.

One thing is certain though. Tziggerman does not like Greek players :tdown:

So, is it better to have a mediocre team full of legionnaires, who show no promise for the future, have little appreciation for PAO and our history,

and are coming to pocket $$$ before retirement?

Or, young Greeks that are the future of our team and Greek football ?

My point is, get the BIG name foreigners, spend the $$$ to sell the seats.

Do not waste money on foreigners that make more than Greeks, without deserving it.

Save that $$$ for the one or two BIG names... ;)

Is anyone convinced that Nillson, Morris, Seric, Biscan, Anderson(?), are not replaceable by Greek talent, for even less?

Gonzo had a mediocre year, but I would exclude him, and Galinovic.

Anderson needs a chance, but the rest of our foreigners, as much as I may like some of them, they are no better than the available Greek talent.

Tzigger, prefers to spend his money abroad, while getting cheap Greeks, which he eventually profits from, in order to pay the larger foreign contracts. :nono:

PEACE

It is up to Bakke to decide the line up.

One thing is certain though. Tziggerman does not like Greek players :tdown:

So, is it better to have a mediocre team full of legionnaires, who show no promise for the future, have little appreciation for PAO and our history,

and are coming to pocket $$$ before retirement?

Or, young Greeks that are the future of our team and Greek football ?

My point is, get the BIG name foreigners, spend the $$$ to sell the seats.

Do not waste money on foreigners that make more than Greeks, without deserving it.

Save that $$$ for the one or two BIG names... ;)

Is anyone convinced that Nillson, Morris, Seric, Biscan, Anderson(?), are not replaceable by Greek talent, for even less?

Gonzo had a mediocre year, but I would exclude him, and Galinovic.

Anderson needs a chance, but the rest of our foreigners, as much as I may like some of them, they are no better than the available Greek talent.

Tzigger, prefers to spend his money abroad, while getting cheap Greeks, which he eventually profits from, in order to pay the larger foreign contracts. :nono:

PEACE

Good post trifilli. you pretty much sum things up for PAO. Malazeni brought in the best young Greek players to PAO, but I do not know if they will have a chance to become great together with your owner.

If he comes he will be coming form inter milan....not from galatasaray. Flavio comparisons arent warranted.

Wel we signed paulo sousa from inter on a 3 million euros a yr ,,,,and what did he do?????

he is remembered for the opening goal against juve in athens then 15 mins later he pulled his hamstring :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

pull his chronic hamstring more times than the whole team. THey will never learn dude,,,,they persist with either players that were good and arent anymore that no1 else wants,,or players that are good but have chronic injuries that no1 else wants example andersson, olisadebe.

Archived