Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

well acording to a danish sportsite castroman has been put on the transfer list because he is not getting along with several other players at velez!

therefore the club has officialy put him on the transfer list :P

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully make these transfers early unlike last year's desperation transfers, in order for the team to gel

very good point.. late transfers really fail to live up to the expectations cuz they cannot gel with the team.. (see HEINZ> GS, BISCAN> PAO, EMERSON > AEK...etc).

i'd rather spend the money on PAPS... if you spend more on another striker with eqal or less talent than the ones we already have, then we're forced to play them a la Concesao...Gkekas, Paps, Mantzios makes me happy... Sign a proven goal scorer from a big league, then i have no problem seeing one of the above coming off the bench

Bakke wants Lovenkrands for the right wing as a better solution than Bides. We definitely need a player there that knows how to enter the opponent's area and score, unlike Bides who always crosses and rarely scores.

Although Lovenkrands can satisfy PAO's need for that position, I think by spending 1,2 million we can definitely get a better player.

Bakke wants Lovenkrands for the right wing as a better solution than Bides. We definitely need a player there that knows how to enter the opponent's area and score, unlike Bides who always crosses and rarely scores.

Although Lovenkrands can satisfy PAO's need for that position, I think by spending 1,2 million we can definitely get a better player.

Gers confirm Kyrgiakos departure

Rangers have confirmed the release of 26-year-old defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos and want a quick answer after offering striker Peter Lovenkrands a new deal.

The Ibrox club say that Kyrgiakos, previously of Panathinaikos, is wanted by their Athens rivals, Olympiakos.

Lovenkrands is wanted by incoming Rangers manager Paul Le Guen.

But chairman David Murray told the Daily Record: "If Peter doesn't feel he can stay then the manager has someone else in mind for his position."

Lovenkrands has been in and out of the Rangers side this season under Alex McLeish, the Dane being frustrated at being used at times as a winger instead of a striker.

Everybody has to realise no one player is bigger than this club

Rangers chairman David Murray

"I have spoken to Peter on two occasions and have also held discussions with his agent," added Murray.

"They have to realise we need a quick answer.

"We would like Peter to stay. But, if not, we will move to secure the other target.

"Everybody has to realise no one player is bigger than this club."

Kyrgikos had spent two seasons with Rangers.

The Greece defender joined the Ibrox side in January 2005 but left at the end of that season after turning down a new contract.

He returned in August after failing to find another club, but he has now been told his contract will not be renewed.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ers/4758643.stm

Rangers attacking midfielder Peter Lovenkrands is weighing up offers of a move away from Ibrox

Although new Gers manager Paul Le Guen has expressed a desire to keep the 26-year-old Dane, he has had two offers for his services overseas.

Panathinaikos have reportedly offered the Light Blue €1.2 million (

i wonder what excuse there gonna use to say about Pap when he doesnt sign and leaves (perhaps to oly) ??? :tdown:

Greekaus

Im above all this crap that most Greek players say like" Ime gennimenos kokkinos or o pateras mou ine Panatha mehri kokkalo". Its all crap to get the blood boiling and make agents demand more money from team Presidents while they are getting pressure from their fans.

I cant believe that in todays game anywhere in the free world a player who may have been a fan of one team growing up as a kid would not play professionally for that teams rivals if the money was right and his professional objectives matched.

Greek Sports newspapers just write stupid stuff for fanatics to believe in.

Big deal if Nikopolidis,Konstantinou or in the future Papadopoulos goes to Olympiakos.The shame should be on Tzigger for not seeing their value and thinking he can replace them adequately with cheaper versions. Those players have done nothing wrong and are only looking out for their own better financial and career interests.

It was the exact opposite 20 odd years ago when many Oly players switched to PAO when they were free agents.

Very well said, spot on :nw: :tup:

Greekaus

Big deal if Nikopolidis,Konstantinou or in the future Papadopoulos goes to Olympiakos.The shame should be on Tzigger for not seeing their value and thinking he can replace them adequately with cheaper versions.

the game isnt always about money. when your making 7-8 times the amount of a regular well off person you definitly begin to factor in HEART. I can tell you now if i was making absurd amounts of money like 800.000 a year i would not betray my team and go to gavros. When you grow up supporting PAO (or geyros respectivelY) its part of who you are its TRUE. I wont change my identity for an extra 100.000 a year (given im already paid in 100's of thousands) nor would any self respecting human being. Would you play for the ethinki Tourkias or SKOPIAS for that much more? Because you are a "professional"? Papers exxagerate maybe but dont make that up. You dont say bullshit like "Egw den 8a ginw Adonaki" then go and sign for OSFP. That makes you an ass. Players are people not just professionals. When youre as rich as Mixalakh and robbed the club of 6 million euros + bonuses i dont want to hear bullshit about being "professional" the guy has way more than enough to live well, you cant buy back your pride for any price.

Kota-dinou is not worth 1.5 million a year. For half the price we get a higher goalscoring rate in Gkekas (if you want to take the approach from statistical decision making) If we are going to pay that much we better have a superstar, and consistent one. Not somebody who will screw around on the pitch and have off on great performances. Players like Vazexa is worth that kind of money- Gey Michael IS NOT.

Nikopolidis yeah maybe not a good idea......but seriously after the Euro has been trash, and Galinovic actually got way better. He is definitly replaced fine. Nikopolidis was so awful last year it was a disgrace. This maybe was a good decision by coincidence, i doubt we foresaw him sucking ass in the future. But if you think hes so great still why is he replaced by Butina??

Papadopoulos not being singed doesnt mean hell go to geyros...but yes i will be PISSED if we ignore this player because hell be very important to our new squad.

I still have some hope hill be signed. Hopefully Lovenkrands chooses to go to Pamplona for more money and we can keep Papadopoulos, and realize that strikers are not the problem. Defense is, as well as attacking midfield.

Greekaus

Big deal if Nikopolidis,Konstantinou or in the future Papadopoulos goes to Olympiakos.The shame should be on Tzigger for not seeing their value and thinking he can replace them adequately with cheaper versions.

the game isnt always about money. when your making 7-8 times the amount of a regular well off person you definitly begin to factor in HEART. I can tell you now if i was making absurd amounts of money like 800.000 a year i would not betray my team and go to gavros. When you grow up supporting PAO (or geyros respectivelY) its part of who you are its TRUE. I wont change my identity for an extra 100.000 a year (given im already paid in 100's of thousands) nor would any self respecting human being. Would you play for the ethinki Tourkias or SKOPIAS for that much more? Because you are a "professional"? Papers exxagerate maybe but dont make that up. You dont say bullshit like "Egw den 8a ginw Adonaki" then go and sign for OSFP. That makes you an ass. Players are people not just professionals. When youre as rich as Mixalakh and robbed the club of 6 million euros + bonuses i dont want to hear bullshit about being "professional" the guy has way more than enough to live well, you cant buy back your pride for any price.

Kota-dinou is not worth 1.5 million a year. For half the price we get a higher goalscoring rate in Gkekas (if you want to take the approach from statistical decision making) If we are going to pay that much we better have a superstar, and consistent one. Not somebody who will screw around on the pitch and have off on great performances. Players like Vazexa is worth that kind of money- Gey Michael IS NOT.

Nikopolidis yeah maybe not a good idea......but seriously after the Euro has been trash, and Galinovic actually got way better. He is definitly replaced fine. Nikopolidis was so awful last year it was a disgrace. This maybe was a good decision by coincidence, i doubt we foresaw him sucking ass in the future. But if you think hes so great still why is he replaced by Butina??

Papadopoulos not being singed doesnt mean hell go to geyros...but yes i will be PISSED if we ignore this player because hell be very important to our new squad.

I still have some hope hill be signed. Hopefully Lovenkrands chooses to go to Pamplona for more money and we can keep Papadopoulos, and realize that strikers are not the problem. Defense is, as well as attacking midfield.

Who are you to say that just because i person makes 100,000's per year that he or she should now think with there heart because they make a s%$#! load of money?? thats a matter of opinon (urs but not mine) and its doesnt make it right..... just because Konstantinou was making 1.2 million a year with Pao and someone else comes along and offers him 1.3mil (only one million more) he should reject it because his already making alot of money and is rich??

thats not using ur brain :blink:

And to say Pao is a way of life is really absurd.. to b honest with u, if pao the club died out I would b upset but I would get over it.. people who actually view pao as a way of life especially when they really dnt have any connection to the club (besides being a fan) have no life.. If Pao died out would I kill my self?? Hell no!! Would I be upset yeh sure!! Now if a rival club came along and offered me more money then the club Im currently at now i would definitely think long and hard about it, weather I would reject or accept it is another thing but either way I could/would respect that individual for making there choice weather it was loyalty to the club or thinking about u and ur family… But to label them a traitor and act all dirty against them because they decided to go where the money was, is just preposterous on ur behalf… Hate the player because his wearing the oly jersey but dnt sit there and hate him coz he was thinking about him self and the money because HELLO no one in his situation would b thinking about the fans when money is involved… By the way if Pao had offered him a new contract (which they failed to do so) it would have been reduced by at least 25%, so the amounts of money difference were talking about is 300k at least… Also in spite of weather the difference of the amount is one million or one thousands it’s up to that individual to make there choice and each individual values money differently so who are you to judge!

Look Im going to tell you how the real world works Drakos; in the real word most people think about them selves and whats right for them.. Loyalty is really hard to find in this modern day however it’s not impossible. If Pao Management were offered 3X more then what Pao is currently valued, u think they wouldn’t hesitate to take it??? Of course they would and you know why?? Because there thinking about them selves and whats best for them; just like Konstantinou did…

People these days usually think about them selves and if u think Loyalty is so common them no offence but ur living in La La Land…

Hate Konstantinou because his wearing the red and White jersey but like I said dnt sit here and call him a traitor because he decided to look out for him self… if u want to hate someone for being cheap, deceiving, manipulating, stupid, selfish then hate the man that has a track record as long as the Nile river and that is our Management who are responsible for some of the following:

Hiring idiot scouts who recommend dud signings each and every year

Hiring idiot/moron coaches who constantly fail to do anything decent with the team

Only has managed to win one title in 10 year

Letting great players like Lybe, Kolkka go and replacing them with cheap players

Under valuing Greek players and basically ripping them of (i.e Kyriakos only getting paid 50,000 a year and u wonder why he wanted to leave)

Archived