Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexander Farnerud is linked with us from stasbourg..he is a very good player and could definitly help us out..we were going for him in the winter but he wanted to try to help stras. stay up in ligue 1 and looks on his wat out this summer

We have to see reality, which is, the greek league sucks anyway you measure it. And, we don't have quality teams to compete in Europe. These two factors are very important in a player's decision to come and play for a Greek team. Plain and simple. That's why we get either crappy players, older ones, or young and inexperienced.

Even any Greek that has some talent is looking to escape the Greek league because he knows he isn't learning anything better and his team will be destroyed in euro play.

My experience for the longest time, is that since there is nothing else to write about after the season is over, the Athlitikes fillades start their stories about transfers.

Most of which are far from the truth, or greatly exaggerated.

The players that have made the biggest impact at PAO through the years have been the relatively unknowns.

Rocha, Borelli, Warzycha, Wandzik, Karagounis, Seitaridis, Basinas, Nikopolidis, Olisadebe.

These were steals that came out of nowhere. Well some of them DID come from the academy. ;)

While many bigger names, Flavio, Sousa, Assanovic, Vlaovic, and Biscan, did not live up to their generous contracts or expectations.

Who were this year's pleasant surprises?

Mantzios, Darlas, Tziolis, Leontiou, Galinovic?

While none of them are close to the unknowns list above, they do show promise due to their youth. :tup:

PEACE

First of all can some Mod do there job right and pin this topic, i mean its anoyying as hell going back and forth lookin for this topic espeically when its going to be used so often....

i dnt understand the logic?? last two season in these forum, transfer topics have been pinned except this year :huh:

anyways here are some more info:

1) Niko Kranjcar

from sport24.gr

http://www.sport24.gr/html/ent/423/ent.113423.asp

2) Nordin Wooter has received an offer to return to Anorthosis

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=14494

3)

kranjcar would be incredidble..he is one of the best young prospects in europe...it would def. be a great steal but who knows...until its official i wont get excited about anything...farenud would be a very good signing as well..wooter leaving would be great as well

Trifilli again makes great points. I'd say that the fans shouldn't want big names until our team works on the fundamentals, like, we have an competent coach who decides to play whomever is good not someone who costs alot, that there's a team spirit and the players have a sense of our club's history, that management operates logically & for the best interest of the club not for the ego & other ..shortcomings of the owner.

My experience for the longest time, is that since there is nothing else to write about after the season is over, the Athlitikes fillades start their stories about transfers.

Most of which are far from the truth, or greatly exaggerated.

The players that have made the biggest impact at PAO through the years have been the relatively unknowns.

Rocha, Borelli, Warzycha, Wandzik, Karagounis, Seitaridis, Basinas, Nikopolidis, Olisadebe.

These were steals that came out of nowhere. Well some of them DID come from the academy. ;)

While many bigger names, Flavio, Sousa, Assanovic, Vlaovic, and Biscan, did not live up to their generous contracts or expectations.

Who were this year's pleasant surprises?

Mantzios, Darlas, Tziolis, Leontiou, Galinovic?

While none of them are close to the unknowns list above, they do show promise due to their youth. :tup:

PEACE

galinovic is about 30

if we get bakke he wats to bring in Petter Hansson, a central defneder from Heereneveen..i dont know much about him excpet he is 30 and played for sweden a handful of times...

He's experienced an considered to be very reliable

according to some sources in Turkish media, Besiktas is currently facing stiff competition for Josep Simunic of Hertha by Panathinaikos and Olympiakos... Any news about this in Grece?

i thought Simunic was almost done to OSFP....heard nothign about going to PAO or Besiktas...

Archived