Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

Xathikane oi Ellhnes ?

Why is he only looking for foreigners?

Maybe because they do not know his antics... :P

It used to be that most young Greek talent wanted to play at PAO.

Next to players that they could learn from.

Now Greek talent wants to play abroad, or at gauro for the $$$, and AEK for the "chemistry".

What does PAO have to offer, these days?

Appreciation? :whistle:

We are the motley crew!!!

PEACE

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xathikane oi Ellhnes ?

Why is he only looking for foreigners?

Maybe because they do not know his antics... :P

It used to be that most young Greek talent wanted to play at PAO.

Next to players that they could learn from.

Now Greek talent wants to play abroad, or at gauro for the $$$, and AEK for the "chemistry".

What does PAO have to offer, these days?

Appreciation? :whistle:

We are the motley crew!!!

PEACE

wake up man!

we have vyntra-tsiolis-mantzios-leontiou-tzorvas

+ the olders pap-gekas-goumas-kotsios

and we have very talented players in pliagas-kritikos-stahis-tripotseris-siontis

and we are getting tsigas back(i personally tink he is better than gekas)

good news about selakovic.......he reeks of a MEDIOCRE transfer to me.....same with Tobias Linderoth.....i hope theseplayers have nothing to do with each other... Linderoth is a swede internatinal but he used to play for Bakke which makes him a bad transfer......everytime a coach brings "his players" they perform like CRAP and are played in the starting 11 regardless of performance.....

and ok i understand we have a swedish coach (isnt Bakke a norwegian name btw? :whistle:

but does this mean EVERY player we go after has to be swedish? thats ridiculous!!!! Is it PAO scouts going and aiming for swedes and scandinavians now since they think it would be nice? Or is it Bakke behind all the chase (which i doubt seeing as he just got there and is probably looking for a house or something....) i mean the swedish coach has been official for like 5 days and we have Selakovic, Hanson, Rommendahl, Antonsson, Linderoth, probably more players linked to us...

Rommendahl------do we need him? Bidis looks way better right now, good enough to keep the starting spot. Bidis will at least fight for his spot, rommendahl was a big player and so hell probably do the same thing almost all big foreigners do when they get here....NOTHING (I actually really like Rommendahl as a player though but i havent seen him play since 2002 WC...)

a good transfer season for me starts by resigning Pap & signing Lequi :tup:

agreed on that...

and getting rid of Sanmartean/Wooter

why not just cut Sanmartean and Wooter (who are useless) and transfer the salary they were being paid to Pap so the total wage budget will remain the same if not just be slightly reduced) and the remainder to pay for ONE replacement we only need one midfielder to make up for those two (that should enough to hire a backup player or youth even better of equal use to those 2 losers)

In the last several years we keep people on the payroll that don't play. Can you imagine how much money we've wasted? PAP should be a PRIORITY signing and the delay is ridiculous. It's NOT a question of money, because the team can afford it.

I do think we need 2 defenders that are solid and can carry the rest to play better. Guys, without a solid defense NO team can play in Europe. End of story. Just look at the teams left standing today and their impressive defensive units.

lequi would be a great transfer but who knows...rommedahl would be a good transfer too..his first season with charlton was terrible but he looked much better he second..it would be good to have both bidi and rommedahl covering the right simply because other then bidi, we have no one else to pkay that attacxing position

Posted Image

Matias Lequi.

DOB, 13.5.1981.

Nationality, Argentinean.

Position, Defender. Club, Lazio.

Value, 2-5mil.

Contract, Unknown

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lequi5mc.jpg :P :P :P

Posted Image

19 Dennis Rommedahl | Midfielder

Born: July 22, 1978

Birthplace: Copenhagen, Denmark

Height: N/A

Weight: N/A Pos: M

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profi...d=11070&cc=3436

Not to be negative but i doubt we can get any of these guys, espeically both of them... would be good though

Lequi would be a monster move on PAO's part. Hopefully talks between PAO and his reps get serious...and Tzigger doesn't pooch them.

Rommedahl...I don't rate him high enough to spend the big bucks he would probably want. I think money could be better spent elsewhere.

nothing i was gonna post some more info on the players but i changed my mind....

relax jst because i edit my own posts doesnt mean its directed at you in any form :blink:

i didnt understand why it just says edit

i take it it just means u deleted the material in the post.

Question has Pao started Negotiating with any of these transfer prospects, I mean while Pao are do the talking Oly seem to do the walking… :tdown:

So are we in any serious talks yet or is this the typical rumour bullshit we encounter year in year out??? ;)

Well its reported on Uefa a well respected site thta Oly has signed Borja, Ne, Zewlakov, Boutina so PAO better start moving as Oly under sollied is making solid signings!

Hey just because he made quick transfers doesn't mean anything. And lets remember that up until a couple of days ago the team didn't know who the next coach would be. Give it time. Quick signings doesn't mean good signings.

Archived