Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a simple question: PAO has been targeting 2 power forwards (Lovengratz & Romental) and the offer is $1.0 to $1.3 million. If we get either one and they perform just like PAP wouldn't we be very happy?

[careful before you answer.... because it's a trick question....]

First of all let me just correct you for a second; Romental isnt a power house forward his actually a right winger...

Rommedahl is a top class player with great control and a superb cross. His pace is also a real asset - he has been clocked at just over 10 seconds over 100 metres.

The Addicks pulled off something of a coup to land Rommedahl, and he should prove to be a fine acquisition.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profi...d=11070&cc=3436

to be honest with you if Lovengratz ended up performing the same as Pap has in previous years i wouldnt b happy because it justifys how stupid management are when u pay more money to one player who happens to play at the same rate/perfromence wise as the other one who happen to b cheaper... if this deal goes through then Lovengratz needs to perform better then pap to justify pap leaving and him comming in... Dont get me wrong if he performs at the same rate as pap i wouldnt b un-happy either...

as for Romental i would kinda b happy if he came because it would definatly b an upgrade to our right wingers (i.e bidis, Nilsson) and he will strenghten one of our weaker spots on the team... However if he wasnt used as a winger and he was used as a striker id b really pist off because thats like putting Biscan as DC again and weve all seen how that turned out...

Anyways are these offers confirmed??? 1.3Mil to Lovengratz and 1 Mil to Romental or is this more BS by the papers??? Also Romental has two years left on his contract which means will have to pay a fee which also means it wont happen...

You got my point! I wasn't spot-on-the-team specific, but my general view is that Tzigger does not appreciate Greek talent.... And, some fans would be happy with a Pap-level performance! wouldn't they????

In other words, if Flavio (with his $1.5 mil/year contract) performed at PAP's level, he would still be with the team and everyone would be happy!

So, over the years, this F@ken regime has let go of many great players and replaced them with more expensive ones but not as good. Bad treatment by management and over little $ were often the reasons why players left our team. :tdown:

any Scandanavian with a soccer ball is linked to us along with Livathinos' illigitamite Argentinian children... & we'll end up with this years Consesao if we dont actually sign a worthy player..

Dudu!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

All joking aside, he sounds like a decent player. If he is aiming for international football with Nigeria he cant be that bad! Give him a chance.

Dudu-ole-ole!!! :LOL:

so lovenkrans is prolly going to boro...rommedahl and gronkjaer wont be coming either and we heard wiltord today...funny how we have these long discussions ab out these players yet everyone knows its gunna fall through....we cant even pick up players like rommedahl and gronkjaer who are having trouble getting into their respective quads starting 11..now we are saying about wiltord?? who has been amazing the recent few years...this is pathetic...i dont think anyone should post here anymore until we are sure a signature is signed..we are wasting our time guys....

apparently hannson is close.....wonderful...

so lovenkrans is prolly going to boro...rommedahl and gronkjaer wont be coming either and we heard wiltord today...funny how we have these long discussions ab out these players yet everyone knows its gunna fall through....we cant even pick up players like rommedahl and gronkjaer who are having trouble getting into their respective quads starting 11..now we are saying about wiltord?? who has been amazing the recent few years...this is pathetic...i dont think anyone should post here anymore until we are sure a signature is signed..we are wasting our time guys....

apparently hannson is close.....wonderful...

o Lover pige stin boro........ :rolleyes:

if we do sign DEDE they will probably say his the next Manoli however he will probably end up as the next Dembah!!!!

i cant belive were actually finding replacements for pap in ###### India!!!

wonderful!!

He is 21 years old, and is merely 'supposedely' trialling with the club.

I dont see the problem, nobody mentioned replacements for pap or anything.

If they see something in him in the trials then i say sign him. It doesnt mean hes gonna be playing, he could be loaned out first to see how he goes.

If it is true i see it as a plus, as it means they are actually scouting whether its india or tanzania.

Sometimes you like to disocver and create players, and they usually turn out better than 'Flavios' etc.

Dudu :LOL:

you wait and see hell be a legend :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

about this rumor though the only paper is from that one Indian newspaper. Its probably BS, the player is likely going to Athens for a trial but its probably for Athinaikos or something and they just changed it for a story......

But if for some reason he really is going to PAO (arent the team on vacation how exactly is he going to trial?) He would have to be particularly special in some way for him to even be considered or flown in to Athens for a trial........i mean if we wanted a cheap solution in a striker we would go for Kritikos or Ganchev who are pretty good as it is...and we already brought Tsigkas back...so i doubt this rumor is accurate...

Dudu :LOL:

you wait and see hell be a legend :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

about this rumor though the only paper is from that one Indian newspaper. Its probably BS, the player is likely going to Athens for a trial but its probably for Athinaikos or something and they just changed it for a story......

But if for some reason he really is going to PAO (arent the team on vacation how exactly is he going to trial?) He would have to be particularly special in some way for him to even be considered or flown in to Athens for a trial........i mean if we wanted a cheap solution in a striker we would go for Kritikos or Ganchev who are pretty good as it is...and we already brought Tsigkas back...so i doubt this rumor is accurate...

So what we own, OFI's striker Nwafor, and hes on loan. We own heaps of guys who arent in our squad. Dudu is 21 looking to move to europe, why not sign him if hes good. Its a simple mention that hes apparently trialling, it shouldnt be big issue, and shouldnt be a negative issue either.

By the way trialling doesnt necessarily mean playing a competitive game. Training sessions are mainly how players are trialed these days.

You dont even know him, how can you laugh. Not all good players are known worldwide, and in no ways do you have to sign known players to build a team, producing/discovering players is also a massive part of football for godsake.

Yakubu(england) was from shitass israeli teams till he was discovered.

Aghahowa was a star in tunisia, before he went to shaktar.

Lets criticise the club/board when they deserve it please.

Archived