Phantis Forums

Udinese - Panathinaikos

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets leave the past behind now and start concentrating on this upcoming CL game. This is what pana battled so bravely for a week ago.

It'll be a tough game, but i think a draw will be a good result, considering the performance against Ospf.

1-1

What's going to be interesting about this game is that "Melitzana" I mean Malizani.... (Sorry I had to throw that in there) He's going to be very well informed of this match and of their opponent.

I trully see this team the hardest for PAO just because of their style of play. They are going to be playing almost an identical style on the pitch.

Tough 2 legs for PAO and if they can get a win and a draw w/ Udinese that would be a great result. I see 2 draws.

:gr: :gr:

I think that PAO can make it against Udinese. Udinese is not as strong as last year. Marek Jankulovski left and went to Milan, David Pizarro went to Inter and they havent replaced them with players of equal value. They also have a new coach Serse Cosmi who came from Genoa. Malezani knows these kind of team very well and thats very important. Anywayz it will be a very hard game but i have faith. We can win.

PEACE.

From the looks of things as of today , we are also weaker than last year, not to say the team sucks, i think if people get their heads out of their asses and they start to "gel" this team can be better than last year.........the people i mean include not only players but the ownership....WHERE IS OUR DEFENDER!!!!!!!!!!!DELLAS?????????????? As for the coach, i like what i see, he justs needs to be more strict with the players....example yank conseicao and keep yanking him till he decides to show up............

About our defensive problems. Our most important problem in defence is Vyntra. And by the time we play Udinese, Nilsson will probably be ready to replace him. Goumas will probably be back on duty too. A lot better i think. We have a weaker team than last year? different team yeah but weaker i dont think so. We have sent away some players like Konstantinidis, Mitu, Skacel, Antric who were Totaly useless, and got better players in their position. Only three players that were in the first team have left. Basinas, Konstantinou and Munch. Basinas has been replaced with Conceicao and Biscan and even when they play like s%$#! they play better than Basinas did last year. About Konstantinou I dont give a ######, 4 years he offered nothing to us. And Munch was replaced with Seric, a very good move. Plus all the young players. How the hell we are weaker than last year? Our defence is the same as last year's second half too. Could you explain that to me cause i dont get it.

Why be optimistic at this point???!!!! We beat Wisla, a very inexperienced team. Our defense sucks right now. Those away CL games you go with a solid defense, and counter attack... without it, you're done. We ain't got it... played 3 formal games, received 6 goals! You do the math!

It can change, but it has to happen very fast..... kinda doubtful in my humble opinion. I guess we should feel fortunate that we start in Italy instead of Spain! :whistle:

hello again im back

not worried about the loss to the geyroi......still happy just to be in CL and the points will even out......but s%$#! are we feeling the whole neglecting the signing of a key CB.....what happened with Sotirios isnt the window closed? can we bring him back??? we need him.

this is the worst draw EVER may i add.

the strongest 1st seed and 4th seed and one of the top 3rd seeds....

PAO needs to show itself

as for the game in Udine

I will desperatly be trying to drive down there......I will bring my lucky kaskol and we are guaranteed a point! that kaskol got us through Wisla! :P somebody know anything about getting tickets to euro away trips without the transport package????? pm me please!!

however Udinese is a fantastic team.......i dont see us not losing..... if Vyntra plays forget it .......Di Natale, Iaquinta, Di Michele........they will absolutly massacre poor Lukas and give us a 3-0

however udine in europe is young......we saw panioniara knock them out....

i will say 2-1 udine ...............or i would be grateful for a 1-1 draw

FORZA I PANATHINAIKOSI

BIANCOVERDI!!!!

That's true Udinese is very young in Euro and the pressure will

be more on them to get the result at home.

If our defense can improve somewhat with the additions of

Nilsson & Goumas then along with Moris & Seric we should be OK

back there. Vyntra & Kotsios can be backups.

That leaves the midfield where Biscan & Conseicao have to step

up and I'll be happy if even 1 of them can show the goods cos'

we have talent on the bench in Tzioli & Leontiou who can

provide good support.

Upfront I'd definitely keep Papa there and will even like to see

someone like Torgelle or Mantzios have opportunities to provide us

with some much needed height.

Remember Mantzios played against Udi last season in the UEFA Cup

stages and I think he did quite well also.

I'd like the team to look something like this:

4-3-1-2 (can become 4-4-2)

,,,,,,,,Galinovic,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nilsson,,Moris,,Goumas,,Seric

Bides,,Conseicao,,,Leontiou\Tziolis\Biscan

,,,,,,,,Gonzales,,,,,,,,

Oli(Torgelle/Gekas),,,,Pap

OR

3-4-1-2 (can become 3-5-2)

,,,Moris,,Goumas,,Kotsios

Nilsson,,Conseicao,,,Leontiou\Tziolis\Biscan,,Seric

,,,,,,,,Gonzales,,,,,,,,

Oli(Torgelle/Gekas),,,,Pap

OR

4-5-1

Nilsson,,,Moris,,Goumas,,Seric

Bides,,Conseicao,,,Leontiou\Tziolis\Biscan,Gonzales,,Pap

,,,,,,,,,,Oli/Torgelle/Gekas,,,,,

Im saying we are weaker right now, but with the players coming back(goumas, nil) and a heartbreaking loss recently we should become and can become stronger than last year..

You guys are right, the defence does look better when we get everyone back, Dellas would be nice though, and Im crazy about the young guys, their fast and play their hearts out..........seric has been great so far.....................

just read that your team will have to replace olisadebe and conseicao. they arent allowed to play because of a new uefa rule, which says that a player who gets two yellow cards in two consecutive matches in the qualifying round will get a one match ban.

here is the article from sport24

Konstantinidis, Mitu, Skacel, Antric who were Totaly useless

Adric is still in the team and he's not useless as you saw in the second game against Wisla!

It's too bad that Conceicao won't make it to prove himself but I think Tziolis or Leontiou could replace him. I also hope Adric overcomes his injury so that we have another solution at this position.

Pap will miss the game due to injury as well as Olisadebe. That means that Torgele will make an appearance (we also have Matzios as a backup)

I read that Morris will be fit to play.

It will be a very tough game. We'll see how our team plays against Ionikos this Sunday in order to reach safe conclusions

Manolis is the only real loss in my judgment; worse loss is Pap. Flavio can sit out; he hasn't done much anyway. I want to see players who can run and have a thirst for play, unlike Flavio. We were pleasantly surprised by Leontiou.

Hope that Torgelle will fill in nicely. Gekas has to step up too.

Yet, this is an away game, and PAO must improve the DEFENSE! No team can do anything good without a solid defense. Period. That's my concern. PAO played 3 formal games and took 6 goals! This can't continue if you want some reasonable success.

Archived