Phantis Forums

Udinese - Panathinaikos

In my opinion... Torgelle will be the best import striker PAO has seen behind Vazexa... na to thimaste!!!!

Obviously you have seen him play with Hungary! I think I would agree with TRIFILARA. Torghelle is a very strong and fast player and he showed some of his abilities today against Ionikos. He should have played the entire game

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torghelle needs more than 10 minutes to impress.

Last season all he got in the Premiership was 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there. If the guy gets a good run of games he will not disapoint you.

I have studied Torghelle for some time now but living in England it is going to be hard for me to see him play for Panathinaikos. Clearly I'll be able to watch all Champions League matches (thank god) and I can tell you that Sandor performs better on an International stage than he does at club level, from what I have seen so far. Therefore . . . I expect him to be a HIT for Panathinaikos in the Champions League.

Most of the sports websites from Greece I cannot understand so I am relying on you guys to keep me informed please

Some International Goals/Movies of Sandor for you as below ;)

iceland

Germany1

Germany2

Brazil_Goal

AGAINST ARGENTINA

Posted Image

Tsk, tsk. Udineze is in good form.... PAO sucks (all lines are problematic)... and who's got institutional memory? "PAO has experience in euro play"... What does it mean, really? Is it something that you read on paper and your players understand & act accordingly???!!!

Please, we should go to Italy, play our asses off, and hope for the best. That's all. I'd rather have low expectations and be happily surprised, than the reverse.

Our team hasn't performed in 4 formal games this season, and apart from 30 minutes againsts an inexperienced & tired Wisla, we haven't shown anything good. We are not playing good but not getting the results... we deserve what we've got.... and, if I may add, we conceeded 7 goals in 4 games!

---Morris---Gkoumas---Kwtsios---

Nilsson--Biscan---Leontiou--Seric

-------Mbides------Gonzalez-------

---------------Torgelle--------------

As it seems Malezani does not want to risk the use of Leontiou as a defensive half, so he will put Gonzalez as Biscan's partner in midfield. Then Bides and Woouter will be the extrems. Again Malezani shows that he prefers attacking from the sides. Just hope that we have Bides and Woouter in a good day, so that Torghelle gets a decent pass.

3-5-2 against Udine???

we played with 3 vs Wisla in poland.......u saw what happened.......now with Udine we will conceed at least 3-4 with 3 in the back.....

heres what my ideal lineup would be 5-4-1....play the italian game and just wait for the right moment and pounce on them.....

------------Galinovic----------------

Nilsson-----Kotsios------Morris----Gkoumas---Seric

Bidis----------Biscan---------Gonzalez--------Woooter

----------------------Torghelle--------------------

Hi all Panathinaikos Fans! I'm an Italian ultra' of Sambenedettese (Serie C1 -third division) but my girlfriend is greek and so I get in love with Panathinaikos!!! I hope a great victory in Udine tomorrow! Malesani (with "s" no "z") is a good coach, well done in Italy with Parma and Fiorentina.

How many Pao Fans are going to Udine tomorrow? C'mon Pao!!!!

Ciao a tutti e forza Samb!

:ph34r: LUNGA VITA AGLI ULTRA' :ph34r:

3-5-2 against Udine???

we played with 3 vs Wisla in poland.......u saw what happened.......now with Udine we will conceed at least 3-4 with 3 in the back.....

heres what my ideal lineup would be 5-4-1....play the italian game and just wait for the right moment and pounce on them.....

------------Galinovic----------------

Nilsson-----Kotsios------Morris----Gkoumas---Seric

Bidis----------Biscan---------Gonzalez--------Woooter

----------------------Torghelle--------------------

this is the line malezani will go with.

let udinese control the play and wait for a quick break

Torghelle needs more than 10 minutes to impress.

Last season all he got in the Premiership was 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there. If the guy gets a good run of games he will not disapoint you.

I have studied Torghelle for some time now but living in England it is going to be hard for me to see him play for Panathinaikos. Clearly I'll be able to watch all Champions League matches (thank god) and I can tell you that Sandor performs better on an International stage than he does at club level, from what I have seen so far. Therefore . . . I expect him to be a HIT for Panathinaikos in the Champions League.

Most of the sports websites from Greece I cannot understand so I am relying on you guys to keep me informed please

Thank you for the video clips and welcome to the forum.

Hang around be sure you will be getting updates on Sandor's performances B)

p.s BTW do you have his goal vs Argentina?

I read somewhere that they'll be 2000 fans to support the team!! :D I'd go too if I didn't have exams! :tdown: A friend of mine is going though and if he has anything interesting to tell me I'll share it with you.....! :D

I dunno why, but i am now more pesimistic then i was before the second leg of the cl game against wisla we won, i honestly do not believe we will accomplish anything in this game, maybe be the centre of controversy, but i dont think we should get our hopes up. Pao is looking pretty bad, and if we get any points out of this match, i will be ecstatic, lets see...

Udinese: 7/10

Draw: 9/4

Pao: 4/1

Its looking grim

Why because Tom Green with the mic from your avatar has pao at long odds?

I would forget about the form guide here. As everyone should now be aware, Olympiakos managed to turn all logic and form on it's head by getting beat 1 - 3 in their spitaki.

It pains me to say it, but the greens need to put on their "European" shirts and lift. If only for the sake of Greece's Euro co-efficient ranking in the future.

I hate to think if there were no Greek teams in CL in the near future because of pathetic performances like the Rosenborg match, now that would be GRIM!

Udinese: 7/10

Draw: 9/4

Pao: 4/1

Its looking grim

Why because Tom Green with the mic from your avatar has pao at long odds?

I would forget about the form guide here. As everyone should now be aware, Olympiakos managed to turn all logic and form on it's head by getting beat 1 - 3 in their spitaki.

It pains me to say it, but the greens need to put on their "European" shirts and lift. If only for the sake of Greece's Euro co-efficient ranking in the future.

I hate to think if there were no Greek teams in CL in the near future because of pathetic performances like the Rosenborg match, now that would be GRIM!

fact is things will probably get more worse in European play

reason being our League in the last 2-3 years is sputtering and this so called EPO doesn't have a dam clue how to run a succesful league

and don't blame Olympiakos for all this

the problem lies more deeper

I agree with you.

I also don't believe it is Olympiakos' fault for the slide of the nations teams in euro comps.

It goes a lot deeper and lies with the Federation. The euro win allowed them to sit on their hands and because most ordinary Greek opadoi have not demanded answers the rot has continued.

I will say one thing however, Nikolaidis should be applauded for what he is doing at AEK in terms of infrastructure/squad selection/supporter issues et al . It might be 20 years behind most other European countries, but light years ahead of where Greek football is at present with the people in charge.

This is probably a side issue, but in Greece anyone under the age of 40 is considered young. This is why clubs don't promote people in their teens or early 20s. They fail to realise that once you're on the other side of 30 you are in fact middle age. How long do these people expect to live till, 120?

man..I have gone of on a tangent.....the point is that European success on a club level might never happen for any Greek team.

The 1996 semi final for PAO is the closest they will get for decades.

Hope I am wrong though.

Well I think that we would defenantly had 3 teams in the Chapions League by now if everything was fair and square in Greece.

-Pao would normaly win most of the titles and have time to program each season for the Chapions league without having to face qualifiers. With the use of the Chapionship prim we would be able to pay and keep all those good players we have let go all this time. We wouldn't have to reprogram our team every single season.

- Even Aek would have done better in the Chapions League than Osfp ever since 1996. Because truth be told. Aek is a non-Euro caliber team only for the past 2 seasons. It wasn't long since the last time the had 6 draws in 6 games and lots of bad lack...

Archived