Phantis Forums

Okkas to Bolongia!

bides

According to the www.simerini.com.cy Bolongia has offered Olympiakos 1.5 million EURo and Okkas 800000 Euro a YEAR FOR Okkas.. His agent has stated that he is not looking to leave Greece and wants to stay at the Reds... The coach of Bolongia wants him there to partner one of there strikers....

Bad move Okkas get out while u can!!!

okkas is a goood striker that all year long has done all the pressing and running for all the strikers on our team.to lose him will be a great mistake because he has a lot to offer if olimpiakos gets another filotimo partner to help him out. B)

Bad move? Olympiakos is better than Bologna, ansd plays in the CL every year, why leave for a team that doesn't?

I think if you have the oppurtinity to go to a better league why not.... You have a point about champions league but will your team make champions league this year...

i am debating wut to do with Okkas

Okkas is not a striker that is clear

I think Okkas can thrive in a role at the wings

in my view if we have a good summer signings

i can see Okkas on his way out

but we first need to sign the players that will join then we can debate whether to keep him or not

i think its a bad move more for OSFP

keep Okkas so we can win the league with his missed shots :LOL:

In all seriousness i would go and play for Bolognia over OSFP as he would learn more skills in Italy and play against teams like Juve, AC, and Inter

Its CL within a domestic league

Way better than our shitty league :whistle:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This is the funniest post I have read all day!!! Bologna WANT the ABALLO OKKA but OKKAS doesn't want to go there!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Siga mhn hthele h Bologna to Giannaki Okka kai aytos elege OXI!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Please gents, get serious.... :P

If I see that cypriot ABALLO play in Serie A I will retire from a banker and I will become a footballer straight away at my 30's!!!! :LOL:

AKOY EKEI..... TO OKKA STH SERIE A!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :o :LOL:

This is the funniest post I have read all day!!! Bologna WANT the ABALLO OKKA but OKKAS doesn't want to go there!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If I see that cypriot ABALLO play in Serie A I will retire from a banker and I will become a footballer straight away at my 30's!!!! :LOL:

This reminds me very much of my feelings when Vryzas was moving there...

I was wrong... ;)

Of course theres only one chrismass per year... :D

I just reported what I read.. The coach wants him.......

pappou plays left wing on sevastopouleos street :rolleyes:

bologna could have him for all i care though, he'll pair great with tare (sarcasm) 3 goals all season just doesn't cut it. Anatolakis just might catch up to his goal total this weekend :tdown:

now thats scary ladies and gents.

Hey Pappou what team r u going to try out... Okkas might put in a good word for u at Bologna!!!

If Aballos OKKAS goes to Bolognia I could easily play at Milan!!!!! :P

Vassilie - How did you know that I live near Sevastoupoleos str? I know its one of the legendary streets that connects L. Alexandras with L. Mesogeion, but I did not expect a gey-ro to know about it... :P Perhaps deep inside your body, Green blood flows that comes from Sevastoupoleos and Amyna Abelokipon... :P

Vassilie - How did you know that I live near Sevastoupoleos str?

Perhaps deep inside your body, Green blood flows that comes from Sevastoupoleos and Amyna Abelokipon... :P

All the arxi lamers live there, so I kind of figured you of course must reside within the area as well B)

No, no green blood here God forbid. I was unfrotunate to live in the area for several years growing up. Till this day, my uncle still lives there (hardcore gavraki). Once I hit the lottery, he's out of there in a heart beat :P

Bad move? Olympiakos is better than Bologna, ansd plays in the CL every year, why leave for a team that doesn't?

excuse me re,,,,,then why the hell did the captain of the european champions greece theo zagorakis go to bologna?????????????????????????????????????????/

What are you people talking about ? Didn't Okkas left Paok to go to Aek for Money and Bajevich ? Didn't he do that a third time with Osfp ? I think Okkas knows that nobody really likes him in Osfp and for a better offer of money than what he currently makes he would swim if he had to to Italy to play in serie A. He is 28 and this is the time for him to make the most money in his life, unless he gets a better offer from an other team which would be the wierdest thing of the century.

Cyprus may have lost 2-1 at home to France in a recent Euro 2004 qualifier, but those 90 minutes were a personal triumph for Yiannakis Okkas.

The forward opened the scoring early on with a delicate chip that left French keeper Gregory Coupet completely stranded, and generally was a man inspired. His clever movement, speed and ability with the ball at his feet meant he often proved too hot to handle for France's much- vaunted centre-backs, Marcel Desailly and Philippe Christanval. The PAOK Salonika forward's dribbling skills posed a conundrum that the former rarely solved, while the latter seemed a nervous wreck every time Okkas came near him.

'Yes, I thought I had a good game tonight,' said the 24-year-old. 'Despite their poor World Cup, the French are still one of the best international teams around, and it's a matter of great pride that we gave them a lot of problems.'

Since quitting Cypriot champions Anorthosis Famagusta for PAOK Salonika in summer 2000, Okkas has worked hard to shed his image of a richly talented but erratic performer. Now, it is only a question of time before he cashes in with a transfer to Western Europe. The forward has been linked in the past with Juventus, Udinese, West Ham and Blackburn; thanks to his display against the French, there should be even more scouts beating a path to PAOK's Toumbas stadium, especially with the asking price likely to be no more than œ2million.

PAOK could use the money since the collapse of the main pay-TV deal in Greece and some injudicious financial decisions have left the club with a mountain of debt.

In fact, Okkas very nearly did not start the current campaign in PAOK colours. Unhappy about the non-payment of their salaries, theforward and fellow Cypriots Yiasemakis Yiasoumi and Yiotis Engomitis filed a suit to have their contracts with PAOK declared null and void. However, majority shareholder Giorgios Batatoudis somehow found the money to meet the arrears, and the Greek Economic Court of Appeal ruled against Okkas and company.

Although not entirely happy to still be at PAOK, Okkas has not been sulking. He was outstanding in his club's 4-1 win over Panathinaikos on the opening day of the season and scored with a magnificent lob in the 5-3 aggregate success against Portuguese side Leixoes in the UEFA Cup first round. He is playing for a move and should soon have his wish.

FACT FILE

Club PAOK Salonika (Gre)

Country Cyprus

Born December 11, 1977, in Larnaca

Previous clubs Nea Salamina, Anorthosis Famagusta

International debut February 1997, v Poland

International caps 45 (9 goals)

Honours Cypriot League 1998, 1999, 2000 (Anorthosis); Cypriot Cup 1998; Greek Cup 2001

Back to index

Current Issue

The current issue

Subscribe to World Soccer

Manage or renew your subscription

Advertisements

Poll: Who will win the Champions League?

Chelsea

Liverpool

Milan

Inter

Juventus

Lyon

Bayern Munich

PSV

Archived