Phantis Forums

What do you expect from new signings?

GS1905

In the winter transfer period, PAO signed four players... Nordin Wooter, Manolis Rouvakis, Anderson Luis and Mario Charalabides... What do you guys expect from these new signings? Will they be effective in the club's drive for success in Alpha Ethniki and UEFA Cup??? Waiting for your comments!!!

Wooter- be fast quick, clever and add to offensive flair

Bidis- like wooter, but needs to be good marker too

Anderson- anchor- dont/suck and no more bad fouls

Roumpakis - Nothing. Sit. if he turns out great, thats great. i dont expect him to get a starting spot or a sub with the defenders already there.

i cant judge, i prefer to see skazni and his bizarre decisions leave, i think we can win the ethniki but i cant see it with skazny us keeping good form and finishing teams off in the derbies when we need it. Sevilla will be very difficult.......but who knows.

All of these players we needed in the positions they play in. We were naked on the wings and now have those positions covered. We needed a back up in Munch and we got it through Roubakis who was 1st in assists in the Greek league this season with 4. Anderson was a n exceptional player at Chalkidonaand I'm sure they will all help the team one way or another.

How far can we go in Europe? Who knows!!!

IMO opinion this is the strongest PAO squad I have known. We have many options for positions. Gekas from Kalithea will be coming at the end of the month too.

This should render Demba, Mitu, Raguel and Zutautas out of team plans such as Chalkias and Epale who are history.

i think Gkekas is going to take over Papadopoulos's place......

O-H-A! I see it plainly impossible! Who the hell is Gegkas??? The Katigoria CHampionship prospects Kallithea's powerhouse striker??? Come on, drako, you can make better comments...

O-H-A! I see it plainly impossible! Who the hell is Gegkas??? The Katigoria CHampionship prospects Kallithea's powerhouse striker??? Come on, drako, you can make better comments...

Turk, you speak with more rational than most members here.

But you must forgive Drakos, he's not a very patient or understanding man sometimes.

I must say i have noticed a slip up in papadopoulos's game since hes come back from injury, hes not like he was in the past, i think hes lost a step or so, but yea he will keep his spot, and i think these are very good signings, especially anderson, its a shame he got injured though :tdown:

Guys

I went away for a holiday for a couple of days this weekend just got back. Been missing out on some Greek Soccer news.

This should render Demba, Mitu, Raguel and Zutautas out of team plans such as Chalkias and Epale who are history.

What happened with Halkias bc I didnt hear nothing since Ive been away?

man seriously u dont know a damn thing.......stick to Gala-CRAParay

never heard of him? hes one the leagues leading scorers.

click

papadopoulos has been mediocre this season. he has no competition for a first team place

have u guys watched gkekas before? he is an awesome player with potential to do more than Papadopoulos if he works hard and has the chance.

All these signings are better than most of last year's..

Anderson, Wooter are noteworthy foreigners unlike... Zoutaoutas, Epalle, Demba etc...

I am optimistic about Gekas, Charalambidis and expect Roubakis to develop well.

All this would be useless if PAO is not willing to keep core players like Bassinas, Kyrgiakos who are constantly pursued by foreign teams :angry:

This might be one of the most complete PAO teams in terms of options, but hardly one of the best

We SOLD our best :tdown:

I'll take quality over quantity any day

Many of our players are injury prone, like Manolis and Sanmartean.

Anderson is ...out, and Wooter has had a career full of injuries.

Konstantinou has probably been our healthiest player

PEACE

man seriously u dont know a damn thing.......stick to Gala-CRAParay

1. I do not know a damn thing... Having Manoli, Mihali, Pap and Eki in the front line, PAO do not need to sign a crap team's good player. How old is Gegkas, 25 or around sth, isn't he! I hope I'm wrong but he'll be a useless player...

2. I can not see how you can inject GALATASARAY into a PAO discussion, when nobody talked a single coin of GALATASARAY!

1. I do not know a damn thing... Having Manoli, Mihali, Pap and Eki in the front line, PAO do not need to sign a crap team's good player. How old is Gegkas, 25 or around sth, isn't he! I hope I'm wrong but he'll be a useless player...

2. I can not see how you can inject GALATASARAY into a PAO discussion, when nobody talked a single coin of GALATASARAY!

yeah useless....you have never seen him play, you havent noticed he is top scorer, kallithea's heart.........crap team? Kallithea just beat OSFP and despite their position they have played some great football and are a very capable team. I think its pathetic u judge because he came from a little team- almost every player starts small you know... not everyone can be born out of the top3 teams.....

Gkekas is a striker, eki isnt.

Papadopoulos has been nothing this season- Manolis has barely started a single game and is very likely going to be sold off because he is never fit. we need more diversity in strikers, and Gkekas is a ###### great player.

and if mixalh goes back to his crap from 2 seasons ago?

gekas would be a useful signing, and could become our 3rd string striker, if manoli isnt fit enough again.

but sweeping statements that he will start over paps are a little unwarranted. Paps has proved himself at pao, gekas has yet to, that is the central issue.

Think about it The_Turk for a minute. Drakos makes a good arguement.

First lets start at the bottom of the strikers pyramid at PAO.

Demba needs to go. Useless. Its that simple.

Bykowski is decent. Scores, is good back up, is in late 20's, approx 27-8. Not about to set Europe on fire but can be handy.

Manoli - Very very injury prone. Very unstable. Took a few extra days off in Migeria - lack of discipline. Maybe we can cash in on him, maybe not. Will he be back to 100% only time will tell but that knee of his is a big gamble.

Pap - out of form. Manoli isnt fit, Bykowski is our backup striker Demba is useless, there is no one to challenge him for his spot. Theres no one really to remind him, or to make him think "I better perform otherwise next week I'll be watching from the bench". Had a great season last season, has not had a proper break yet over summer etc, has had an injury or too this season minor. He needs a rest and he needs competition to start performing again.

Mihali - No comment...mi stamatas na gamas mihali!

Now Gkekas is 24, top scorer in Greek league at a team other than the big three. Kallithea is mid table, they arent exactly pushing for honours yet they have the top scorer, which says something about this kid. He's Greek which is a good factor, technique, pace. Can finish. He would be exactly what we need and to complete the transfer shopping spree.

With Gkekas we would have great depth upfront with alot of competition for many of the positions in the starting 11.

Wooter - I see him as a very good transfer

Bides - Before he proves otherwise I say he is LIGOS for PAO...

Gkekas - Although I don't believe he is better than PAP I say that it is a great transfer...

Anderson - Quite good, especially if Matteus-Basinas goes... ;)

Roubakis - Young, Talented cheap, Greek... Quite a good transfer.. Isn't that how Seitaridis and Vyntra first started?

Archived