Phantis Forums

Basinas to Besiktas

HOLLYWOOD

So you still believe that it was Management's fault for not doing whatever the melos-Adonakis wanted huh?

Any way all indications show that Basinas will be sold either in this or the next transfer period...

Reasons...

1. Zeac is at Portsmouth

2. Portsmouth was interested in Basinas before even Zaec went there.

3. Zaec is kollitos of Tzigger which means that he will make the management of Portsmouth pay quite a lot of money for Basinas so that his friend can get something out of the transfer.

4. PAO is looking for defensive midfielders (Anderson etc)

5. PAO also brought bach Roger Spray (he was again at PAO during the Santos era) and all the karagouno-basino-lyberopouloi were against him at the time because he was doing hard training for these vendettes!!! So this is another indications that Basinas (the last of the Klika!!!) will depart from Peania...

Anyway lets see first what happens before we make any conclusions.... After all there are many other important issues that will determine the success of PAO management such as the Stadium in Goudi rather than the lazy ass of Basinas!!!

Barcelona?

That is a huge surprise. I would have thought that Portsmouth would have been his eventual destination as Elastonpappou already stated his many reasons.

Barcelona, wow, interesting that they would be going after him considering the team they have but all the more power to them. I'd rather see him there then under the thumb of Zaets again. Good for him and all the best.

he is apparently being courted by barca 

That would just kill his career. With some of the attitude he brings with to PAO gaimes in Greece and the amazing squad of Barca's if he does head in that direction he would just be watching from the sideline.

However, on his day and when he covers every inch of turf on the field he can be a great influence in midfield.

Guest Protathlitis

You dont have a clue do you elaston, Basinas is a star; the only pao player i like (him and pap, our two ethnikous). Hes the only player I would take play in Oly's starting line-up, apart from munch since we have Rivaldo where Gonzalez might have a spot.

It should be devastating to you vazeloi, if he goes. It will be another example of your managment destroying any chance of you becoming a quality team.

Why Barca want Basinas is beyond me :unsure: ...they already have a awesome midfield (Ronaldinho, Deco, Xabi) and they have about 15 midfielders on thier roster. Ultimately, Basinas would go through the same problem Haristeas went through at Werder Bremen, wasting away on the bench :tdown: . Besiktas dosen't sound good either as I know he could succeed in a better league along with the whole Greek-Turkish rivalry :gr:. His loyality to PAO will be tested regarding a move to Portsmouth :tdown: (and possibly better in the EPL). Ultimately, I think Basinas should and will remain with PAO for the rest of the season :tup: :gr: .

don't get carried away by these bullshit rumours... Several media sources are indicating that Angelos Basinas will move to Besiktas and Georgeoios Karagounis will move to G.Saray but I do not think any of them will come true... I would be pleased to see Greek players in Turkey and Turkish players in Greece but these moves are impossible cuz Galatasaray can simply not afford Georgeios and Angelos should be at least as clever not to come to a fifth team in the SuperLig...

one may think they have enough midfielders..but look at the players in the midfield that they play...ronaldihno, deco, guily,iniesta, xavi.....only one of those players is a holding midfielder...they dont have deoth in that posisition...which is basinas'

basinas to bestikas as got to be the worst rumor around

shows how bad the media outlet is

why would basinas go to the turkish league which is a lower league than the Greek league

and to a smaller club than the one is currently on???

unless he is doing this for diplomatic issues u know trying to help with the Greek - Turkish relations lol

The rumor of Barca is not very strong for few reasons...

1st Basinas CANNOT help them in the CL cause he already played with PAO!

2nd Although few players of Barca are injured I think that Basinas will hardly get the playing time that he needs...

However don't forget that there are only few players in the market with Basinas's quality compared with the price tag... Barca can easily afford to pay couple of million to get him and for that kind of money he would be a great tansfer!!!

Guest Protathlitis

Hey Tourke, the Greek league is easily better than the turkish league man. Going to Besiktas or any turkish club would be a terrible move. He should stay at pao; if he goes it will be your managment's fault who have already let go of 2 european champions: Fyssas, seitaridis and now another world class player in Basinas.

If Basinas went to Barca he would just be adding depth behind Xavi and he deserves better than that

the leagues are about even id say, but greece being a little better. i mean yes gala won an uefa cup on pens, but havent been to a final or semi final in cl (that i know of) also everytime i see greek teams play turkish teams they kill them.

even osfp last year lost to galata but outplayed and dominated them for 94 minutes.

the only exceptions are the friendlies Galata had with AEK and OSFP (in ataturk statium opening- ref was bias but galatasaray deerves win)

but also lets remember some favourites

AEK 5 Besiktas 1..............

Besiktas 2 Skoda Ksanthi 3...........

Aigaleo 1 Gencler 0

OSFP 3 Galatasaray 0

PAO 4 Fenerbahce 1

The Greek and Turkish League are roughly the same strength. Turkish clubs have some well known foreigners whilst I envy the Turkish stadia and the fact that they are full!!!

You can gauge how strong a league is by seeing how well they do in the UEFA Cup really and as you can see this year our teams in the UEFA Cup were shambolic.

In a total of 20 games:

AEK 1 win 1 draw 4 losses (6-13)

Egaleo 1 wins 1 draw 4 losses (4-12)

Panionios 2 wins 0 draws 4 losses (9-10)

PAOK 0 wins, 0 draws 2 losses (3-5)

4 wins 2 draws 14 losses 22-40 goals = absolute rubbish.

The Greek and Turkish League are roughly the same strength. Turkish clubs have some well known foreigners whilst I envy the Turkish stadia and the fact that they are full!!!

You can gauge how strong a league is by seeing how well they do in the UEFA Cup really and as you can see this year our teams in the UEFA Cup were shambolic.

In a total of 20 games:

AEK 1 win 1 draw 4 losses (6-13)

Egaleo 1 wins 1 draw 4 losses (4-12)

Panionios 2 wins 0 draws 4 losses (9-10)

PAOK 0 wins, 0 draws 2 losses (3-5)

4 wins 2 draws 14 losses 22-40 goals = absolute rubbish.

yeah.......what did turks do this year????

nothing. multimillion besiktas sucked, gencler lost to our "rubbish" teams too. fener?

also dont forget the champions league, the really important competition.

as for the stadiums, look at the population of turkey.

In regards to the rankings, Turkey should be even with (or right behind) Greece as both have had successes and flures in Europe over the past few years. Why? Scottish teams always do squat in the CL and seem to struggle mightily in the UEFA Cup (the exception being Celtic made it to the final a couple of years ago). This is even more the case w/ Beglium this year as Anderlecht did s*** in the CL and both of their teams got dumped from the UEFA Cup. Greece may (and I think should) jump Holland this year depending on whether PSV gets dumped in the 1st knockout round, how Ajax does vs. Auxerre, and how far each Greek team goes in the UEFA cup (2 Greek teams in the quarterfinals would help a lot) :box: :gr: .

Turkey has a massive population to Greece's but their are still enough ppl in Greece to attend the games

i mean i took a look at the scottish premiership attendance

Celtic is at 1st with 58,000

Rangers second at 48,000

then the rest go from the teens and the lowest as 7,000

i mean does the last place team in Greece have 7,000 at the game

on the attendance thing its mainly of too many teams being in one section

Thessaloniki has 4 teams

Athens has 8 teams

12 out of 16

i mean there are areas in Greece like Patra 3rd biggest city in Greece and both Giannena and Agrinio are big cities

and then it depends on the ppl showing up to the games

now seeing Olympiakos built their Karaiskaki it brigns ppl to the venue

if Pao and Aek do so then they will come

but look at Paok and Iraklis both got fairly new stadiums and especially Iraklis and they aren't filling them like they should

especially Iraklis is failing to do so off course their team isn't as good as many thought

basinas should look to go to a bigger and better league period no offense to turkey

why would basinas go to the turkish league which is a lower league than the Greek league

Y A V A S...

:gr: :nono: :king: :smartass:

League Rankings
i took at look at those rankings

and i remember i think it was the start of last season when Greece was ranked at 6th place

but lets be honest Greece has been struggling in the last couple of years in European play and with Porto's success it just leap frogged us big time

PSV and Ajax will need to exit early

better if Psv out of the 2 exits early

and then off course it depends on the two lone Greek teams in uefa cup to make some noise

I got this from Espn:

But now Zajec has full control, transfer dealings are his responsibility, and he may try to lure Greek international Angelos Basinas, 28, away from Panathinaikos in January.

Basinas, who missed a penalty in a goalless friendly for Panathinaikos against Portsmouth in August and then spurned a similar opportunity in the Champions League clash with Arsenal in November, is reported to be ready to leave the Greek side.

There are unlikely to be a flurry of arrivals next month, however, with Portsmouth's players impressed by how Zajec has operated so far and the feeling apparently mutual

stay away :nono:

Archived