Phantis Forums

What Does OSFP Really Need for Europe?

evalagoal

17 members have voted

1. 1. What Does OSFP Really Need for Europe?

• A New Coach
    • A Forward
    • A Midfielder
    • A Defender
    • Youth Players to be promoted
    • Experienced Players from abroad

What he needs is to throw away that clown (dafnostefanomeno) from the chest and put a 'Trifilli' and also change his colours from red to Green... This is the only way that Thrynos will be taken seriously in Europe!!! :P

No, seriously my friend Evalagoal you forgot to put a 7th choice in the poll to state 'All of the above'!!!! :P

u need 2 good center-backs(clean up with them u got).

a replacement for djordjevic(getting old)

a replacement for karambeu

2 forwards

but that is not it u also need a new mentality when playing in europe! youre too scared that things will go wrong and they ALWAYS do.

btw youre era has finished for now, like youre own newspaper fos did write u need atleast 2 years rebuilding a new squad :o :o :o

Tell me about it everyone.. What DON'T they need. It's sad because OSFP could be one of Europes best clubs but it's these little things that are holding it back.

Not only Olympiakos but really all the "major" clubs in Europe..

Great Responses Everyone, Thank You

You need a new coach, this is for sure. But not Protosov, not Alefantos, not Lemonis, not Muslin and so on! a coach with charismatic abilities who can stand upright in the bench and with just a shim of an eye can warn or order his players. a Mourinho-style coach, why did OSFP fire Katanec last year? he was an awesome guy!

And youth, of course!

What Olympiakos need most is confidence. You cannot play scared and be overly cautious and expect lady luck to do all the work for you.

and it's what they've done for the last 4-5 seasons! Good Post Irlande :)

Greek teams participate in a minor national league. Absent a river of money, the idea that Greek teams will do well in Europe on a consistent basis is a pipe dream. Dominant players and coaches will remain where the action is.

And, in any event, what European problem does OSFP have? He gathered this year as many points, scored/conceded as many goals as the other Greek team in CL, the one which apparently has no problem whatsoever.

Greek teams participate in a minor national league. Absent a river of money, the idea that Greek teams will do well in Europe on a consistent basis is a pipe dream. Dominant players and coaches will remain where the action is.

So Mourinho was probably dreaming when that Fortune-Teller came and said to him that Porto would win back-to-back UEFA Cup & Champions League. :P

I do not see the reason why PAO or OSFP or Gala or Fener or Dinamo Kyev or Basel or Austria Wien or any other team cannot repeat that achievement. :rolleyes:

I know that the new system which directly leads to two-legged qualifiers favours teams who are not seen as favourites but it still needz some from players, coach and the club as a whole! B)

With a good coach and n able board, why not PAO bring the trophy to Athenae? ;)

So Mourinho was probably dreaming when that Fortune-Teller came and said to him that Porto would win back-to-back UEFA Cup & Champions League.

1) If his team was all that good, he would not need to consult with fortune tellers

2) If you look at the achievements, or lack thereof, for the last 10, 20, 30, 40, or however many you wish years, you will see the relative soccer strengths of Greece and Portugal.

3) Every single day, some fellow wins a lottery here or there. People get happy for him or envious of him but noone considers him a great financial genius. If success in Europe means to get lucky and win something, almost every team can hope. If it means being a force to be reckoned with year after year, things change a bit.

Example: A few years back, Larissa ce won the Greek championship that has eluded other, more respected, teams, say Panionios.

Actually we need two things

1) Realistic expectations, and

2) The willingness to open our wallet whenever we open our mouth to request

players, coaches, what have you who normally work in much better leagues.

If you look at other_thread, you will seee that the finances of OSFP are comparable to the finances of a division one club in England.

If this is true, how will OSFP entice players and coaches in their prime to come play in a God-forsaken league?

There is of course a sliver of a hope (if the story about Akratitos proves trues):

To hire all drug addicts and schizophrenic footballers (todays Maradonas and Caniglias) promising them free drugs whenever they play Akratitos.

• 1 month later...

I think that what Mourinho did at Porto (UEFA and Champions) is achievable by Olympiakos. You have the conditions, perhaps you just don't have the right people at the right place. I think that a good coach can make miracles out of a squad with no stars. Olympiakos doesn't need stars, they need players with ambition, good players, mentally strong, mixed with some experience.

Many of the times, when competing with the major clubs in Europe, the teams from smaller countries like Greece, or like Portugal, tend to oversize and oversee its oponent. Nowadays, a strong metality is required. I think that if Olympiakos can gather all of this in one/two/three years, they can be competitive and respected in european football, more than they are now. Winning is possible, as you saw with Porto, or Benfica in the 60's, and with Greece in Euro 2004. So it's just up to Olympiakos, the board and the fans (yes, because the fans can make the club) to raise up to the challenge. I think it would be awesome if they make it. Let's make the thrylos today, right? ;)

You have the conditions, perhaps you just don't have the right people at the right place. I think that a good coach can make miracles out of a squad with no stars. Olympiakos doesn't need stars, they need players with ambition, good players, mentally strong, mixed with some experience.

Well there are many Thrynos players who fit your description... Anatolakis, Pantos, Vallas, Kostoulas, Kafes etc etc.... :P

My friend Gordianus welcome to the forum first of all, and let me explain something to you because I think you actually believe the things you say about Thrynos....

Olympiacos have been winning 7 titles in a row because of corrupted refs and a corrupted government. The president of Olympiacos should have been in Jail years ago, but the former government (thank God they are former) did nothing about it..

Clues where you can understand that Thrynos won 7 corrupted championships?

1. They did nothing in Europe....

2. They did not play better domestically either...

3. How come Otto Rehaggel the Coach of our NT did not take any players (only two which were Venetidis and Giannakopoulos) from the team that has won 7 titles in a row in Greece, and he chose to take the 90% of the team consisting of PAO (former and current players) and AEK players?

Coclusion Thrynos is a disgrace of Greek football, they embarass us every time they go through the Greek borders....

I hope this make sense....

You have the conditions, perhaps you just don't have the right people at the right place. I think that a good coach can make miracles out of a squad with no stars. Olympiakos doesn't need stars, they need players with ambition, good players, mentally strong, mixed with some experience.

Well there are many Thrynos players who fit your description... Anatolakis, Pantos, Vallas, Kostoulas, Kafes etc etc.... :P

My friend Gordianus welcome to the forum first of all, and let me explain something to you because I think you actually believe the things you say about Thrynos....

Olympiacos have been winning 7 titles in a row because of corrupted refs and a corrupted government. The president of Olympiacos should have been in Jail years ago, but the former government (thank God they are former) did nothing about it..

Clues where you can understand that Thrynos won 7 corrupted championships?

1. They did nothing in Europe....

2. They did not play better domestically either...

3. How come Otto Rehaggel the Coach of our NT did not take any players (only two which were Venetidis and Giannakopoulos) from the team that has won 7 titles in a row in Greece, and he chose to take the 90% of the team consisting of PAO (former and current players) and AEK players?

Coclusion Thrynos is a disgrace of Greek football, they embarass us every time they go through the Greek borders....

I hope this make sense....

yeah man :tup: :tup: :nw: :nw: :nw:

its sad though but its true

:wacko: :tdown:

oh come on. all this stuff wont lead to anything.

somebody posts some negative stuff about osfp and all the arguments start over and over again. didnt u realize that all this is getting really annoying?!

thrillosmtl just stop it ok? i'm sick of all these useless arguments between u and some pao fans. crying here, crying there, corruption of osfp, corruption of pao, refs, government, presidents etc.

its the same also for some pao fans. clean all the stuff in front of your door before you start invading the osfp forum. i'm sure that i'm not the only osfp fan that doesnt want to visit this site regularly anymore because whatever you write there will always come a green one with some answers on the lowest level.

we have been through this for a thousand times. everybody in here knows these things.

SO WHAT?!

WHO CARES?!

WILL ANYTHING CHANGE BECAUSE OF THIS?

NO!!!

so PLEASE stop this nonsense, because otherwise a lot more people will get sick of it.

so c ya

p.s. by the thrillosmtl: what did you take man you somehow mixed the letters a bit in your post ;)

Archived