Phantis Forums

PAOK Disciplinary & Legal matters

Blackhawk

4 minutes ago, pash said:

What, exactly, happened?

I’m just parroting what I’ve read, which is the one of the companies owned by Savvidis loaned money to a relative or whatever of his who then somehow invested in Xanthi.  As to the truth of any of it, I have no idea.

If there is truth to it, then Savvidis is an idiot.  Why even give the powers that be any ammunition.  It’s not as if they are going to be impartial.  This isn’t a normal judicial process.

If there isn’t any truth to it, then that changes everything.

Maybe Blackhawk can enlighten us on the exact accusations and supposed evidence ?

Just now, Bananas said:

I’m just parroting what I’ve read, which is the one of the companies owned by Savvidis loaned money to a relative or whatever of his who then somehow invested in Xanthi.  As to the truth of any of it, I have no idea.

If there is truth to it, then Savvidis is an idiot.  Why even give the powers that be any ammunition.  It’s not as if they are going to be impartial.  This isn’t a normal judicial process.

If there isn’t any truth to it, then that changes everything.

Maybe Blackhawk can enlighten us on the exact accusations and supposed evidence ?

Which sites are you reading?

4 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

Which sites are you reading?

I think maybe on sport24.gr can’t be sure.  It’s the only site I really check out other this or inpaok.

In other news, I just read the league might be suspended.  And that will solve what exactly ?  Either Savvidis did something illegal or he didn’t.  Work it out guys.

25 minutes ago, Bananas said:

I think maybe on sport24.gr can’t be sure.  It’s the only site I really check out other this or inpaok.

In other news, I just read the league might be suspended.  And that will solve what exactly ?  Either Savvidis did something illegal or he didn’t.  Work it out guys.

sport24 (unless I am mistaken) is controlled by our red friends. Either read sdna.gr or don't bother reading anything at all.

In fact I am on sport24 now and I cannot find anything with regards to Ilias Arkoudis or Eirini Maroupa. Just goes to show.

sport24.gr is one of the is sites controlled by Marinakis interests. He owes over 80% of the media in Greece. Makes things easier to brainwash people that way. 

Nobody invested Savidis's money in PAE Xanthi. Distant relative of Savidis's wife purchased a resort that is in the vicinity of PAE Xanthi's training facilities. According to EPO's dual ownership laws in the books currently that person could have directly purchased Xanthi  without any consequences. 

The Mitsotakis government fearing backlash from PAOK fans and the electorate base in Northern Greece hurried to pass a new law replacing relegation with point deductions. Never mind that this law can't be enforced until the next season and unless UEFA/FIFA approves it. 

Anyway day by day events slowly shows how EEA came to their recommendations. PAE PAOK needs to directly push the case through EPO courts, and eventually to CAS if it goes that far. If there really is PAOK's involvement with Xanthi than the relegation punishment should stand.

One thing I remember right before the start of the season was Marinakis talking to the Olympiakos players and telling them that Olympiakos will win this year's title at any cost. Now we know what he meant. 

• Like it 1

21 hours ago, Mitsos said:

Xristara, I think I need to take you out for a beer or two and provide you with a shoulder ?.  The place you took us to in Villa Park was very nice unless you would rather go somewhere else.

I'll go for a beer with you anywhere you want. That will give you a chance to explain to me O'Aris's transfer strategy all these years.

36 minutes ago, Mitsos said:

SDNA is known for their non-bias reporting.:laughbounce2:

Xristara, I will text you and we can make plans.

Non-biased media does not exist in Greece, but out of the many sites available out there it is the one that is more believable than others. They even have Aris reporters, and until recently we could even read the great Xrysanthos articles there. :wink:

What an actual country we have. Sooo much of the media is controlled by people who have an agenda. 

For what it's worth I've always thought Sport24 was relatively unbiased and generally pretty good. I will say though they don't have anything on the Stimena trial which started today, make of that what you will

22 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

What an actual country we have. Sooo much of the media is controlled by people who have an agenda. 

For what it's worth I've always thought Sport24 was relatively unbiased and generally pretty good. I will say though they don't have anything on the Stimena trial which started today, make of that what you will

you act like we don't have the herald-scum here

• Like it 1

55 minutes ago, Nea Bafra said:

you act like we don't have the herald-scum here

Worst newspaper in Melbourne for years now and noticeably worse in this internet era.  Haven't read it in years.  It's barely one step up from New Idea.

• Like it 1

On 1/31/2020 at 4:48 PM, PAOK_Fan said:

Face it guys. We’re stuffed. Mostly, I feel sorry for the players, who’ve worked so hard only to be f***d over by dodgy men in suits. 

Players get paid and are professionals..... 

We pay, wake up at 4am, others travel for hundreds of kilometres to support PAOK we are all paok, feel sorry for the fans not for paid professionals. 

• Haha 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK Disciplinary & Legal matters