Phantis Forums

2018-2019 UEFA Nations League C

Argy

The matches involving Greece:

Saturday 8 September 2018: Estonia v Greece (20:45)

Tuesday 11 September 2018: Hungary v Greece (20:45)

Friday 12 October 2018: Greece v Hungary (20:45)

Monday 15 October 2018: Finland v Greece (20:45)

Thursday 15 November 2018: Greece v Finland (20:45)

Sunday 18 November 2018: Greece v Estonia (20:45)

All times CET. All homegames at OAKA.

• Like it 1

as bad as tachtsidis has been at times I think he'll be a key player for us in this. 

for group c we're a bit of a juggernaut and his passing will help break down d's that park the bus. hungary is in our group and he was motm in their decimation in 2016 as well as feeding the left flank with donis/staf.

Edited by georgelaz

Guys we better take this Nations league serious as it might be our only chance to qualify for the euros.. I think do to our FIFA rankings we will have two difficult teams in our group at the euro qualifications so we better take advantage of this opportunity we have now.. 

• Like it 2

I agree we must play our best players possible. Meaning no Tziolis or Tzavellas. Insert Kourbelis and Tsimikas instead. These teams are not easy. In the past it was a battle with teams like Hungary and Estonia. Sokratis and Manolas have to lead this team. Mitroglou has to score goals. They are our main players and are irreplaceable. 

• Like it 1

tzavellas plays great for NT and he has experience, depth at cb/lb, free kicks and crossing ability. He's more squad tho for me than auto starter but he has close ties with skibbe so will be hard to boot him out the line up.

He is not that good on the ball and makes mistakes at times. He is good at free kicks but we also have others that are good as well. Fortounis, Mantalos, Stafylidis, Mitroglou and Pelkas are decent free kick takers. We shouldn't just play him for that. We need someone more solid at left back. Retsos looks more safe there than say Stafylidis. 

12 hours ago, J1078 said:

Guys we better take this Nations league serious as it might be our only chance to qualify for the euros.. I think do to our FIFA rankings we will have two difficult teams in our group at the euro qualifications so we better take advantage of this opportunity we have now.. 

Saying “we” make me laugh. We’re not on the team. It’s up to them to take it seriously. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Saying “we” make me laugh. We’re not on the team. It’s up to them to take it seriously. 

He is just being passionate and I understand where he is coming from. He wants the team to be serious and focused about the nation's league. Let's create positive energy instead of negative. We don't agree with what Skibbe does but we have to accept that he is there and in charge of the team so let's speak positive for the teams sake. Let's be optimistic. 

• Like it 4

11 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Okay I guess I needed to dummy it down for you since you obviously didn't understand what I meant... Thanks for clarifying that we are not on the team I guess I can unpack my bags now since I won't be starting the first game of the nations league..

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Dude you’re the dumb one by saying “we”. None of us on this board are on the team or get paid a large sum of money to play a game. It’s not up to “us” to take it seriously. It’s up to them. Regardless of if they win or lose it doesn’t put food on my table. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Dude you’re the dumb one by saying “we”. None of us on this board are on the team or get paid a large sum of money to play a game. It’s not up to “us” to take it seriously. It’s up to them. Regardless of if they win or lose it doesn’t put food on my table. 

I can't believe im having this argument with you right now... first of WTF are you even talking about?? Obviously when I said we I meant the team.. I didn't really think people would get confused over the term we..  so just so I'm clear from this entire topic of talking about the national team you decided to chime in on the word "we"...  and once again thanks for clarifying that "non of us on this board on are on the team" lmao

20 hours ago, J1078 said:

I can't believe im having this argument with you right now... first of WTF are you even talking about?? Obviously when I said we I meant the team.. I didn't really think people would get confused over the term we..  so just so I'm clear from this entire topic of talking about the national team you decided to chime in on the word "we"...  and once again thanks for clarifying that "non of us on this board on are on the team" lmao

We will win our group and we will play Tziolis and he will break our record of most caps for the Pirates in the near future too. Then we will go to McDonalds.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ausgreek said:

We will win our group and we will play Tziolis and he will break our record of most caps for the Pirates in the near future too. Then we will go to McDonalds.

Ha ha.  A re ausgreek I would love to have you as manager of the NT just to hear your motivational speeches to the players.

• Like it 1

On 7/22/2018 at 12:09 AM, J1078 said:

No other option mate, team has played rather poorly for sometime now, especially away from Greece, we saw bit of potential vs Egypt when in form players got game time and that’s what needs to happen.

IMO this should be Skibbes judgement day tournament 

Given the defences we will face, he would be mad to not include Fetfa and have Tzioli

On 7/23/2018 at 11:09 PM, Bananas said:

Ha ha.  A re ausgreek I would love to have you as manager of the NT just to hear your motivational speeches to the players.

Pirates could of had a front third of Chris Oikonomidis  Apo Giannou and Dimitri Petratos for the Nations Cup.. ah, lost opportunities re maik!

• Haha 1

you simply can't rely on tzavellas, aside of the fact that his career has been on a free fall ever since he moved to bundesliga, the guy is also quite limited, hot-head and a turnover prone as it was proved in the game in zagreb. don't forget the fact he's also 31 years old and we have a plethora of better full backs coming up (stafylidis, tsimikas, lykogiannis, maybe koutris as well as mpakakis and the experienced torosidis). let's not exaggerate with a player that happens to be around because he's skibbe's favourite like his buddies tziolis and maniatis. actually i find it astonishing that these guys keep finding a place in the nt

nations league is a PERFECT opportunity to kick them out of the team. 

• Like it 1

What ashame. Probably the most gifted defender we've had but because of injury he is half the player he was. I honestly think if he didn't get injured all these years he would be better than Sokratis and Manolas and be playing for Manchester United or Barcelona FC.

he looks like he has strong bones etc. but I think maybe him being a start at 16 and getting early injuries stunted his ligament development or something and then makes injuries more likely to be recurring

^ I completely Agree I also thought a big part of the horrible selections was do to Tanos, i really hop he gets someone else in there as well that has a different view and not tied to any players.. it's all on Skibbe now let's hope Tanos was the reason for the horrible selections.  

Great move, I have not had any faith in Tsanas for some time know and the fact any coach we signed post Santos had to have him as assistant showed how little IQ EPO has.

What happens next is a big question as LON in not far away.

Edited by Alphonse

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic