Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Belarus (9 November 2016, Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

Gianniotas gave speed to the team kept the ball. 

Vellios doesn't cut it. He has had his chances against teams like Australia Gibraltar and Belarus and the guy can't score for this team. At least not at this age, maybe if he matures and gets experience he can.

We played without a 10 until Fortounis came in the game, and the fun fact is that only when he came in game(20minutes) it felt like we made more and better chances (and even won lots of corners) than without him.

Totally ok with trying new people and such, but it gets me wondering. Its obvious that at 2nd half we tried to score and maybe even win. Why put 4 Centerbacks on the back if you are trying to hunt for a goal. Fullbacks make the agressive play, and we had none.

Hope Stafylidis proved once more how good of a player he is.

Tachtsidis dominating midfield without a problem. Only reason Tziolis played was this game being a friendly. Totally innvisible, even his teammates looked like they didnt wanna pass to him.

It just show the lack of true natural creativity within the Greek team other than Fortounis & now that there is no Holebas on the left to make up for that lack of creativity we got to hope that the team play the match of their lives with a lot of luck to get the crucial 3 points at home to Bosnia & Herzegovina on Sunday.

-------------------Karnezis----------------

Toro-----Sokratis-----K.Pap---Tzavellas

------------Maniatis-------Tachtsidis----

Karelis---------Fortounis------Mantalos

------------------Mitroglou---------------

If this game isn't enough to convince Skibbe that Tziolis is utter crap then I don't know what to say. I know it was a friendly match but he is horrible and has no team thus shouldn't be anywhere near NT!

Also Karelis was horrendous today absolutely brutal. I read that he is being played out of position but my 13 yr old makes better decisions and passes than this guy. I also agree Diamantakos was bad.

Anyways turn the pg it was just a friendly after all (completely pointless and unnecessary in my opinion) and lets go grab those all important 3 points on Sunday that will get us closer to qualification.

Edited by Makynia

this forum has way more intelligent people than some of the vlakies i was reading on the youtube stream for sure lol

karelis should have been the striker. fetfa on the wing. kone cf /ninis cam. samaris dm.

karelis

fetfa /holebas          ninis/kone        gianniota

Tachtsi  samaris

the politics tho is tziolis has to get his caps. karelis is not a good crosser. not terrible but we need someone naturally fit for it. but of course because of politics no holebas

How the F*** do we continue to get outplayed by teams like Estonia,Belarus and even Cuprus to some extent and possibly think we are going to contend in this group? Today was a complete waste in my eyes and all it did was put a negative feeling in the players head going into the next game. For the life of me i don't understand the selection of players game after game. Is it Tsanos making these damn selections or is Skibbe just that much of a retard?

• Like it 1

14 hours ago, Reaper said:

On 9 August 2010, Amanatidis decided to retire from international football. He stated, that "there are many strange and suspicious choices". "Some players are always in the starting 11 and many of us know the reasons of the selection, but if I say more, there are going to be many reactions", Amanatidis said

That's not enough.  Without specifics it sounds like the whining of someone that wasn't selected.  I'm not saying I don't believe him, I'm just saying it's not enough to "pin" it down.  If someone in EPO is making money from players being selected, that is something that can be investigated.  At least, in a normal country.

17 hours ago, Bananas said:

That's not enough.  Without specifics it sounds like the whining of someone that wasn't selected.  I'm not saying I don't believe him, I'm just saying it's not enough to "pin" it down.  If someone in EPO is making money from players being selected, that is something that can be investigated.  At least, in a normal country.

Christ, did you see what they got Big Sam on tape saying? You know it's gotta be 1000x as bad in Greece.