Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

Sabo is the player that is part of the Varela deal. The talks with Beitar have been suspended pending the final deal with Steaua.

PAOK will loan Sabo to Steaua paying his full salary. It's up to Savvidis to ok the deal.

According to reports we had 3 identical offers for Mak so the decision was his.  He chose Bologna FC, which is peculiar.  I'm curious to know who the other teams were....because choosing a bottom of the barrel team in Italy doesn't seem like the greatest move.

$3M is what we're getting for him.  I guess considering all our signings, we already had no intentions of holding on to him or giving him a new contract.   

Edited by BostonThanatos

Steaua wants Chatziisaias as part of their deal for Varela. We are destined to be thin at the back.

-edit- denied by Chatziisaias almost immediately

Seriously, enough with this player.  With the way this saga has been going on, I don't care if he comes or not.

Ajax is the definition of average though so PAOK has as much of a chance now if not a better chance than 6 years ago where they lost on the away goals.

Everyone criticises the standard of the Greek League (fairly and otherwise) but the Dutch League has been going backwards for many years now as well.

Of all the teams PAOK could have drawn, AJAX are the weakest. They may well say the same for PAOK but I won't be surprised if PAOK get through this tie easily.

losing Mak is a huge blow....

PAOK has little or no personality on the field and no leaders.....

I can't see a bunch of unknowns from the Turkish/Ukrainian leagues gelling with a bunch of nobodies like Charisis, Pelkas, Cimirot etc...causing a team like Ajax any real concerns.

Michel made it crystal clear right after the playoffs that he was very likely to sell Mak. The team's transfers in the offensive third were made expressly to address that.

As for Ajax - I'm sorry you think we have no chance :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

We were never going to hold onto Mak.  That was very obvious.

Our best 11 (secret pincer formation).

Glykos

Skondras --------> +++ <------ Leovac

Konstantinidis -----> +++ <----- Tzavallas

Kitsiou ---------> +++ <---- Giannoulis

Matos  --------> +++ <----- Korovesis

Vierinha* -------> +++ <------- Lino**

* The funds from the Mak transfer will be used to sign Vierinha.

** Lino to come out of retirment.

+++ Space for enemy to "attack" into.

Super sub: Sabo.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

Seems something's up with Sabo's move to Jerusalem.

Michel confirmed that he hasn't been able to find a buyer for Kace, as well.

Also confirms we will likely be going back to this same facility for next year's training.

Curious to see how the situation with Kace unfolds.  12 months ago he was offered if I remember correctly ~500K and he was a lock for a starting position in the 11.  Now ... hmmm, I'd say he could even be 3rd or 4th choice.

As for Sabo, maybe he'll stay with us ?  I need him as my super sub.

• Like it 1

Red Sherrif will i agree with your brutual honesty and greece needs this.

Ajax is sellig their best player to Milik.

So wtf is your point file?

my point is Ajax are a huge club compared to PAOK...

Ajax losing Milik has probably been planned for and there is probably a replacement capable of filling his shoes..

PAOK (and the majority of greek clubs) don't have a plan... and can't  replace their best players...

PAOK have signed 20 players in 12 months....and not one of them has raised an eye brow or been able to make a difference..

there are no on field leaders or match winners...

all this saddens me...but it's the honest truth..

my point is Ajax are a huge club compared to PAOK...

Ajax losing Milik has probably been planned for and there is probably a replacement capable of filling his shoes..

PAOK (and the majority of greek clubs) don't have a plan... and can't  replace their best players...

PAOK have signed 20 players in 12 months....and not one of them has raised an eye brow or been able to make a difference..

there are no on field leaders or match winners...

all this saddens me...but it's the honest truth..

Your recommendation on how to proceed ?  Cyanide pill perhaps ?

• Like it 1