Phantis Forums

Friendly: Turkey-greece (17 Nov 2015, Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium)

Greekaroos

I agree andreas and I believe Skibbe is doing the right thing by going back to three central defenders thus freeing up Toro and Holebas to do their thing on the wings. This was the system Rehagel used and worked for us for many years. A lot of posters and fans of the Ethniki wanted to see a more offensive brand of soccer instead of what the experts called ugly soccer. In any case we tried and we saw the results. "Don't fix something that ain't broke" Now back to our tried and tested formula against the much hated Turks. We desperately need a win to build confidence going forward. I believe the boys can do this. Pame Elladara!!!

On another note I am so happy Bosnia didn't get in. I remember how they thought they were the next coming of Germany when they beat us out in World Cup qualifications. Kala na pathoun. Won't be able to stand watching Albania and Turkey at the Euro and not us. Ti na kanis. We'll spend the summer shining our trophy lol.

Makynia out!

Edited by Makynia

Hellas 2-1 over gobble gobble. Pirlo/Tzioli to be a surprising starter for this one and set up both goals. Like to see Tzanetopoulos in the squad ahead of KPaps.

if Luxenbourg were to play Faroe Islands, I would go Lux 5-4.

Are the fullbacks providing any width? Always been a problem with this formation under Otto. Three defenders and three dms is too much defense when your wing play also comes from natural defenders. Leaves the AM and forward with no chance in hell

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Guest PastMember
      By Guest PastMember
      Looks like the Turkish Navy entered the Andros sea area illegally and used the area as a firing range. 

Nothing like booking a holiday in greece to see muslim military vessels firing guns right in front of your beach.  :la:

Anyone who buys a holiday home anywhere in the Aegean needs balls of steel.. no wonder everyone buys in Spain and France.

http://www.huffingtonpost.gr/2015/06/11/pedio-volhs-androu_n_7559394.html
    • By ausgreek
      That is the latest. Interesting match-ups and final scores. Bring on that shite. This should wake some up from a coma. 
      Fortounis v Luongo, Mitropanos vs Cahill, Tzioli/Pirlo v Jedinak, Pelkas v Leckie. Anti Australian posters on forum v pro Australian posters on forum etc.
    • By ausgreek
      As Australia have the same problem, the Ethniki Must solve their front third problem, it seems that a lack of a quality AM/dekari stifles their central strickers, whether it be Vellios or Mitroglou or anyone else. Not playing a decent dekari for me says a coach is an amateur. I feel for our Ethniki till we actually land a decent coach. I find it difficult from now on to ever blame Mitroglou in future when he isn't able to influence a match. That is the worst midfield to ever come to these shores from Europe, no doubt.
    • By Omonoia9
      A little over a week to go as the ethniki visit the Oranje in Einhoven. Probably the two biggest teams that missed out on the Euros this summer, this will be tough.
    • Guest PastMember
      By Guest PastMember
      Turkey warns Germany against recognising Armenian Genocide
      By Paul Antonopoulos - 01/06/2016

Turkey?s President Erdogan warned Germany that its plans to recognise the Armenian Genocide would damage bilateral ties. This comes despite German Chancellor Angela Merkel being an advent supporter of Turkey?s accession into the European Union. Erdogan claimed that Germany was being deceived without mentioning who by. ?If Germany is to be deceived by this, then bilateral diplomatic, economic, trade, political, and military ties ? we are both NATO countries ? will be damaged,? he said. The Greens Party have pushed for the resolution to occur and it is expected that it will be passed on Thursday. Ottoman forces began in 1915 to slaughter 1.5 million Armenians, a million Greeks and 700,000 Assyrians. The vote was to take place last year on the 100th anniversary verses of the beginning of the genocide but Merkel?s parliamentary allies, wanting to avoid tensions with Turkey, kept pushing it back.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/turkey-warns-germany-armenian-genocide-recognition/ | Al-Masdar News
  • Popular Now

• Popular Topics Now

• Tell a friend

Love Phantis Forums? Tell a friend!