Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

Can't see how or why PAS would loan him to us, with an option to buy.

Vellidis is a good keeper. Much better than Glykos, but for that kind of money you can get a better keeper. Athanasiadis from Panthrakikos comes to mind.

Tudor really screwed up the goalkeeper position, by openly saying that he does not trust Olsen. Things like that you keep to yourself, and keep the player on the bench, while Arnesen tries to resolve the situation 

If he's much better than Glykos, then he's worth the 500K.  I wouldn't blink twice at that figure considering what we've paid for some other players.  As for Tudor and Olsen, it seems unprofessional but maybe it's a tactic (agreed to by everyone behind the scenes) to try and "encourage" him to find a new club ?

Looks like Vellidis is going to be our new GK.  http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/ston-paok-o-vellidhs-gia-2-5-xronia.3867208.html

I really hope this works out.  The GK position has been a roller coaster ride the last few years.  It would be nice to get a GK that we are happy with and actually stays with the team for more than one season.

Apparently all parties involved agreed and the announcements will be made on Thursday (unless somebody changes their mind again). Vellidis is a solid keeper and better than Glykos, but definitively not worth the 650K that apparently we will be paying PAS Giannina.

In the meantime, just to mess things again, Tudor is strongly considering starting Olsen in tomorrow's game against Xanthi. :huh:

A new GK or not, we will still concede stupid goals with the current defenders. I think it's strange that we don't see more CB-rumours, especially since the newspapers always tend to get info about our transfers. I hope the PAE brings in at least one Cb in this transfer window.

Just wait for couple screw ups by Vellidis, and he will be in the same boat as Olsen and Glykos. That's just the way the PAOK system operates. Unfortunately. Good luck to him.

The deal with Vellidis is for 2.5 years. He will get 100K for the rest of the season, and then 350K for the additional two seasons (175K per season). We also paid 450K transfer fee to PAS Giannina. Considering we are paying Glykos 350K and Olsen 450K per season, it's not a bad deal. Apparently there is also a clause in the contract that say we can return him to Giannina after this season if we are not happy with his performance.

I'd be surprised if Mak is with us next season.  He's definitely capable of playing at a higher level, and unlike say Lucas who was lazy and unmotivated with us, Mak generally gives it his all and is fairly consistent.

I really like him but am certain he'll be gone this summer. Thats fine though - you dont become a selling club without selling players. Hopefully Rodrigues and Jairo can take over. Not looking good on that front, though.