Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

You are too hard on Savvides. He might not know how to get organised but that might not be his fault , he changes the armodious every year and I don't believe its his fault again.

Rome wasn't build in a day, and clearing your debts is actually a huge move which means he is interested in running the club himself and not making money out of it and quitting.

He seems to have interest in youth talent development with the likes of Pelkas and Konstantinidis being key players along Robert Mak , a slovakian super star , Rodriguez, Golasa and Athanasiadis.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Berba has an offer from Al Ain. It is said he could earn 2 mil a year for the next to years.

People of PAOK have also said that Mak and Rodrigues are not for sale this winter.

But we all know: if the price is right or even better.......

You are too hard on Savvides. He might not know how to get organised but that might not be his fault , he changes the armodious every year and I don't believe its his fault again.

Rome wasn't build in a day, and clearing your debts is actually a huge move which means he is interested in running the club himself and not making money out of it and quitting.

He seems to have interest in youth talent development with the likes of Pelkas and Konstantinidis being key players along Robert Mak , a slovakian super star , Rodriguez, Golasa and Athanasiadis.

We should be very thankful to Savvidis for coming to us and for giving as an economical stability. The thing that makes me frustrated is that he doesn't know so much about running a football club and you would think that he would have hired some decent people to make a good use of the money he spends so that we can go up to another epipedo, but obviously he hasn't. No PAOK-fan can accuse him of not putting any money into the club, after all he's put in about 50 million euro, but if we start looking at what players we've had during his years most of them have been bosman players that have been getting far to high salaries. I don't think we've bought any player for more than 1,5 million euro but we've had guys like Maartens, Maduro, Spyropoulos getting salaries near the million every year. Also, most of the so called "talents" that we've bought during Savvidis's era haven't been of very high class and have simply been young players that the club have had the opportunity to contract at a low price. All this being said, this summer was better than any other under Savvidis as the management focused on bringing younger players, Rodrigues, Cimirot, Antonis etc. rather than overpaid 30-year olds, well except for Berba..

With another trainer things would maybe have been different and we would not criticize Savvidis. The fact that he contracted Berbatov, a player we didn't need, that will cost us 3-4 million Euro without involving Arnesen/Tudor remains though. It was a nice gift to the fans but I would rather see him put that kind of money on younger players with potential to grow in the club.

Apparenly we are after the Panionios CB Dimitris Chatziisaias. Few games I've seen him he was good. He is young and talented, but I don't know if that's what we need right now in that position.

I agree, but we do need something in that position

• Like it 1

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/860687/skarione-panta-se-proto-plano-gia-ton-paok

What do you guys think of this dekari? His stats are good*, although he hasn't got so many assists, and he would surely make a difference in the offense. It would be better if we can get him now rather than just before the qualifications for the CL/EL but only if we can get him at a fairly cheap price.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/oscar-scarione/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/47011

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN

Looks like a loan according to inpaok? With potential to buy. Either way, good move I think. Cost-effective, and an improvement over at least Melissas (and probably Olsen too).

For some reason my browser won't let me paste the link in here, although it's currently front page.

I will like your link, even though it makes me feel ill that an AEK fan broke this news for us.

Guys, we need to step up our game here.

Anyway - it's notable to me that we seem to get most of our new players from these guys. HEY FRANK, OTHER TEAMS EXIST IN THE SUPERLEAGUE TOO, BRO

I mentioned it on the general PAOK news & discussion a few hours earlier that he was our big goal to solve our keepers-problem.

Apparently they drank a Malamatina with all the involved and 3 hours later the deal was a fact.

I do not know him either.

Has he ever had a call up for the NT?

Edited by Dutch Eagle

The Vellidis deal is not done yet. Apparently the owner of PAS Giannina saw a cash cow in front of him and is demanding around 500K. Also, they are utilizing some agent tricks by planting news stories that some Belgian team is also interested in Vellidis in order to justify the 500K price tag.

Vellidis is a good keeper. Much better than Glykos, but for that kind of money you can get a better keeper. Athanasiadis from Panthrakikos comes to mind.

Tudor really screwed up the goalkeeper position, by openly saying that he does not trust Olsen. Things like that you keep to yourself, and keep the player on the bench, while Arnesen tries to resolve the situation 

• Like it 1