Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

When Arnesen signed with PAOK I asked if PAOKtsides have the patience to wait for a team to be built. Apparently that patience has run out and the Arnesen experiment barely lasted half a season. 

It's apparent that a civil war within PAOK has begun. Savvidis brought in Vezyrtzis earlier this month and basically gave him the same duties as that of Arnesen's. The apparent Galitsios signing is the first test in the Arnesen - Vezyrtzis battle. My prediction is that Arnesen along with Tudor will be gone by February or March.

I always try to be an optimist, but I am starting to believe that we will never build a team that we all can be proud of. 

It's a shame if that's how it does play out in the end  

I'd like to see Arnesen and Tudor put in at least 3 years...then if we're not on the right path, go ahead and sack them.....but this 6 month rotating door is pathetic.

Exactly. Bad management choices by Savvidis the last 4 years. At the beginning  of each season he comes up with a new 3-year plan only to be abandoned half way through each season. New person comes in, so the old one can be blamed for poor results.

Not only PAOK fans don't have the patience to build a team, neither does Savvidis. I really though with Arnesen coming in this would change, but unfortunately it will not. Another season down the drain.

According to the Turkish newspaper Fotomac, Galatasaray wants Robert Mak or Arek Milik of Ajax.

Hope we can keep Mak, so he can help us win the cup and play a good EURO in France before selling him for a decent price.

Mak's buyout clause is currently 5 million euro. Reports today say that Arnesen is going to sit down with Mak soon and negotiate about a new contract. If Mak sign a new contract I hope that the clause will be around 10-12 million euro. If so, we could easily get around 8 million euro after some negotiating if he plays well in the EURO. It would be very dumb to sell him now.

Even if the turks would match the buyout clause I don't think that we will see Mak go to them. He knows that if he plays well under the spring and in the EURO he will get offers from better leagues. It would just be dumb to take his family to a new place for just 6 months.

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN
  • Like it 1

Ivan Savvidis from a business aspect has done all the right things for the team.  Paid off debt, established an online identity, cleaned up the Boutique, paid players on time, etc.

As far as Football operations go, we are no better than we were before he came.  The guy is clueless on how to run a team.   Never had a solid foundation of guys to do it.  There's been a revolving door at President, Tech. Director and Coach since he came.  Now with Aggelidis and Arnesen, I believe there is stability, but I think Tudor was the wrong choice for us, and that in turn became the first domino dropping onto all the other bad decisions as far as player release/player selection, etc 

Edited by BostonThanatos

BostonThanatos//

I agree with everything you say! 

If we take a look at the players we had before and after Savvidis' arrival and how the market value for the squad (source: Transfermarkt) has changed since 2012 we have actually seen a decline. This decline applies to all greek clubs but all greek clubs haven't received a rich owner with ambitions to take the club to another level..

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN

------------------Muslimovic------------------

---Conceisao--------Ivic----------Vierinha----

--------Vitolo--------------Garcia--------------

---Sznaucner---Contreras----Cirillo----Lino--

____________Chalkias/Kresic______________

You can mix and match an All Star Team from the  players we've had in the last 5 years and not even compare to the 2009-2010 squad.   I'm sure I'm not 100% correct with all those guys that's just off the top of my head...

• Like it 1

We are also interested in Marko Markovski from Panetolikos and Pedro Ramirez, a 23 year old dekari from Sion. The latter on a loanbasis.

Maybe Ramirez is the player that is one of the two players that are said to be considered an almost deal (we need the YES of Savvidis) in our quest for a dekari and a defender.

Yes. Saw he just played 7 games last year for Sion and this year nothing.

He is called the Messi of Venezuela. Yes right. If he was he would be the first name that the coach would select for his team.

Edited by Dutch Eagle
  • Like it 1