Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

It's starting to sound like we are going to lose Kace. He just rejected another offer and Lazio is sniffing around again ... I'm starting to think it would be smart to just cash in on his value. Charisis (if he can stay healthy) has nearly the same attributes. Throw in Cimirot (not exactly the same skill set), an improving Sabo, an intriguing Antonis, etc., I no longer see it is the great loss I would have back in June.

Charisis spends most of his time injured, and I think Antonis is going to get loaned out. Leaves just Tziolis, Cimirot (also often injured) and Sabo (who sometimes is played in a different position). If we can't keep our strongest players, we have a problem.

Cimirot is better player than Kace, and is not often injured as you say. He was only injure once in the first game against Xanthi. The problem was that for some weird reason he was not utilized Tudor even though he has been healthy for almost month and a half.

Antonis will miss at least one month so he can play with the Australian U23 NT, so we can forget about him. Sabo should be a sub for Tziolis (or Tziolis should be a sub for Sabo), but for some reason Tudor plays him in every imaginable position.

Speaking of Kace he has been quite disappointing this season. It probably has to do with the apparent contract negotiations. Now that he has fired the agent that also represents Tzandaris, Skondras and Konstantinidis, let's see if the negotiations lead somewhere. As for the Lazio rumors, if I was PAOK I would tell them to bring the 5 mil buyout option and they can have him.

Transfer wise we need one or two CBs, and a good "dekari" to help the offense, since Pelkas's abilities are quite limited.

@pash

It's tough to keep good players if teams from the top-5 leagues show interest. If Lazio want Kace we have zero chance and it's hard to argue. Arnesen valued him at E4 mill earlier this year so I say deal him! If we are being 100% honest, I don't think he gets much better. He is at or near his ceiling. Undersized for his position and not a great north-south passer nor does he have particularly good field vision. His strengths are set pieces, his motor, and the ability to cut passing lanes. Those can be replaced. 

@Blackhawk

I agree that Cimirot is a "better" player, but he is more creator and less defender. The ability to see open spaces, hold and advance the ball upfield are way tougher to find than what Kace brings. He needs to play. 

Tziolis > Sabo and arguably our most "important" player this season. I think a Tziolis-Charisis-Cimirot/Pelkas midfield trio is our best option. Pelkas has gotten praise from Berba, Tudor, Arnesen and Pacienca at Setubal. He has talent but lacks consistency. He is young with <50 games of top flight football. Patience is important, admittedly a trait not found in our DNA as PAOK fans. 

• Like it 3

Pougouras has been playing at Veria, I'd bring him back just so we're not rotating Tziois through the backline.

A centre back, playmaker and a striker are my main concerns going into the January transfer window. Strengthen that spine and we can get away what we have out wide, rotate a few youngsters through those wide positions.

As far players we've been linked with, Henrique from Napoli seems like he'd do well in our side and Kramaric is someone I'd be really excited about. I haven't seen us linked with a dekari yet but it would have to be someone with a superior passing range to Pelkas.

Edited by Pontos

I don't think Arnesen is so stupid as to bring in Schildenfeld back to the team.

Another rumor is that Abdoun has an offer from PAOK, but I don't see that happening. He has been poor at Veroia this season and the owner of Veria and Aris might just demote him to Aris when they get promoted to Football League.

When Arnesen signed with PAOK I asked if PAOKtsides have the patience to wait for a team to be built. Apparently that patience has run out and the Arnesen experiment barely lasted half a season. 

It's apparent that a civil war within PAOK has begun. Savvidis brought in Vezyrtzis earlier this month and basically gave him the same duties as that of Arnesen's. The apparent Galitsios signing is the first test in the Arnesen - Vezyrtzis battle. My prediction is that Arnesen along with Tudor will be gone by February or March.

I always try to be an optimist, but I am starting to believe that we will never build a team that we all can be proud of.