Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Let's see.  This season :-

Olympiakos - players bought 12.40 million, players sold 49.75 million.

Panathinaikos - players bought 2.08 million, players sold 580 thousand.

AEK - players bought 1.15 million, players sold 473 thousand.

PAOK - players bought 5.55 million, players sold 7.70 million.

Based on the above, I don't think Marinakis is shaking in his boots.

On 12/03/2017 at 6:37 AM, Yiankos said:

Το τραγικό της υπόθεσης είναι ότι μετά το παιχνίδι ο Παναθηναϊκός εξέδωσε ανακοίνωση κατά της διαιτησίας και οι εφημερίδες του Ολυμπιακού γράφουν ότι ο Παναθηναϊκός ευνοήθηκε. Αυτά μόνο στην Ελλάδα γίνονται... Τελειώνει ένα παιχνίδι και όλοι είναι αδικημένοι, μέχρι και αυτοί που δεν έπαιζαν... Δεν αντέχεται η κατάσταση.

Μνημόνια μέχρι να σβήσει ο ήλιος λέμε!

Starting next year, The Champion of Super LEague will also be determined in the Play-Offs.  I predict PAOK comes in 1st place in the season, and loses in the play-off, in TRUE PAOK style/.

Is there any other European League that does this?

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

Done thing. Got voted in today 13-3. The new playoff format starts next season. SL with 14 teams start in 2018-19.

There are some small countries that have this system, but none of the football powers would even think of having playoffs.

6 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Starting next year, The Champion of Super LEague will also be determined in the Play-Offs.  I predict PAOK comes in 1st place in the season, and loses in the play-off, in TRUE PAOK style/.

Ha ha, nice one.

Seriously, it won't feel right to win a title if you haven't finished in 1st place at the end of the normal season.  So dodgy.  Now Olympiakos only have to pay the referees for a handful of games during the play-offs.

So in other words - either Olympiakos will end the regular season with a 15 or 20 point lead (which gives them an almost insurmountable advantage going into a playoff), or they don't and have another chance to make it up during the playoffs?

I don't think this system will last too long. Fortunately (for once), soccer in Greece changes pretty quickly.

On 30/03/2017 at 6:12 AM, BostonThanatos said:

Is there any other European League that does this?

Off the top of my head, this exists in Belgium definitely. Elsewhere I'm not sure

Pana won 2-3 at AEK. Winner by Berg.

We need just five points to secure our place in the play-offs. With the current standing and differences we will have an advantage of 1 points over the last club (AEK). Pana will have also an advantage of 1 point. Panionios has an advantage of two points.

Panionios have capitalized on their chances and while they do deserve to make the playoffs, I agree that they'll drop to fourth or fifth in the last few match days. They've got a tricky set of matches left.

Why are you playing on Thursday? Is this a makeup game?

All these years we had these stupid play offs where 1st did not participate. The play offs help whoever is in 1st position as when there is a 6+ point gap, the teams in second and below do not bother chasing 1st because they know they need to save energy for the play offs! This is why the play offs do nothing other than help the team in 1st position. Remember a few years back when AEK chased Olympiacos all the way till the end then missed out and failed miserably in the play offs?

Now that Olympiacos is crumbling and probably couldn't beat Finikas Peristeriou with 50/50 refereeing, they have changed it so that when another team inevitably takes top spot Olympiacos will still have a chance of winning the league. What an absolute f*&^ing joke. This is going to be my last season watching Greek league. From now on I will watch only European games and (depending on the layout) maybe the cup.

I cannot believe the teams who wanted to clean Greek football voted into this. The play offs are a joke and so is everything else about Greek football. F***heads.

• Like it 1

Iraklis and Veroia won 1-0 and 3-0 respectively. Probably too late for Veroia (I hear they're having paperwork issues anyway), but Iraklis is now level with Levadiakos (who they beat) on 22 points

Iraklis has even worse paperwork issues than Veroia. Also, they still point deductions for not paying old players. I think the relegation battle will be fought in the courts.

BTW some very weird results this round (now that we are nearing the end of the season).

Panathinaikos - Panionios FT 1-0

Table for PO:

# 2 PAOK 52 points

# 3 Panathinaikos 51 points

# 4 Panionios 51 points

# 5 Xanthi 44 points

# 6 AEK 43 points (still to play Platanias in MD 27)

# 7 Platanias 41 points (still to play AEK in MD 27)