Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

7 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Ωραία ομάδα είχε φτιάξει η Άρσεναλ πριν 15 χρόνια και τώρα τα τελευταία δύο χρόνια έχει ξανά πολύ ενδιαφέροντες παίκτες. Αλλά μου θυμίζει λίγο ΠΑΟΚ η Άρσεναλ. Παρότι έχει λεφτά και κάνει μερικές πολύ ακριβές μεταγραφές, η ομάδα δεν έχει πληρότητα σε όλες τις θέσεις και δεν μπορεί να κερδίσει το Πρωτάθλημα. Βέβαια για να λέμε και την αλήθεια στο Τσάμπιονς Λιγκ είναι πολύ άτυχη!

Akrives metagrafes ?  I think our record transfer is 1.4 million for Leovac or maybe Cimirot.  Although, to be fair, our wage bill (and the fact we actually pay the wages on time) has increased a lot under Savvidis.  If I had to guess, it's probably tripled.  Definitely a question for Blackhawk.

Το ακριβές μεταγραφές πήγαινε κυρίως για την Άρσεναλ και όχι για τον ΠΑΟΚ... Χαχαχαχα...

Για τον ΠΑΟΚ πάντως τα 2 εκατομμύρια του Μπερμπάτοφ είναι πολύ μεγάλο ποσό. Ακόμα και κινήσεις δανεικών όπως ο Στοχ ή ο Νάτχο ήταν εξαιρετικά ακριβές. Αλλά δεν υπάρχει συνέχεια. Παίρνουμε 2-3 καλούς/ακριβούς παίχτες και οι υπόλοιποι συνήθως βρίσκονταν πολύ χαμηλότερα.

• 2 weeks later...

Panionios-Giannina just ended with a 1-1 draw. Great result for us.

Also, Jairo was a starter on Giannina's side. Good to see that he's finally getting minutes.

Also, as was noted elsewhere, AEK drew 0-0 vs Panaitolikos yesterday.

Sunday Gav play #2 Xanthi. So they will increase their advantage.

If you consider our minus 3 points at the beginning of the season and assuming we win against PAS we would have been in second place..... What a waste not going to that semifinal. We should have sent our U17.

7 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

What a waste not going to that semifinal. We should have sent our U17.

If Savvidis really wanted to throw the game, he should have sent the full first team and had them all get "injured" one after the other in the first 10 minutes or so.  Would have also made for great entertainment.

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, pash said:

Absolutely, a stupid, stupid mistake made in the heat of the moment.

Disagree. The -3 points will not make much difference in  my opinion. We will end up in the play-offs and there we will finish first as long as PAO and AEK play the way they are. There was never a chance that we would contend for the title. Not as long as the current EPO is still in charge, and as long as we don't have the caliber of players that can do that.

An additional three points could make a big difference at the end of the season. Let's circle back around after the playoffs to see its effect - the loser obviously buys the winner bougatsa and/or retsina.

Agreed as to who wins the league, however.

Sounds good. If PAOK does not win the playoffs, the next time you're in Chicago I'll treat you to bougatsa from either Panhellenic Pastry Shop (the best) or from Papagalino (pretty good too). Malamatina is on me even if I don't win the bet.

• Like it 1

54 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

There was never a chance that we would contend for the title. Not as long as the current EPO is still in charge, and as long as we don't have the caliber of players that can do that.

Είμαστε η μόνη ομάδα στον κόσμο που εδώ και πολλά χρόνια θέλει να κερδίσει το πρωτάθλημα, έχοντας το 1/3 του μπάτζετ του πρωταθλητή... Only one word can describe the Savvidi era so far... PATHETIC!

• 2 weeks later...

AEK, Atromitos, and Panionios have all lost (although Giannina gained points at Panonios' expense). We're now at two fewer games played than all of those teams...they need to take advantage of this opportunity to make up some major ground on the opposition.

• 2 weeks later...