Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

Only PAOK could make the biggest signing of the summer (if it's true) and have him NOT available for European play.....  It's like being invited to an orgy and only being allowed to F*** the fat girls.

Dude, you're such an idiot!  You're always so negative!  Now Berbatov is going to play in Europe, and you look like an a$$hole! 

(someone had to say it)

• Like it 2

I read somewhere that they put Berbatov on the UEL list - prospectively - while he was still in Birmingham negotiating a contract. Now that is ballsy. 

Agree the league prestige goes up a bit with Essien, Cambiasso, Berbatov and Buoannanotte - the first 3 are in the twilight of their careers - although still very very productive. 

The nice thing about Berbatov is the skills that made him great do not diminish with age, i.e, excellent ball control, short passing and insane finishing. It's just stamina and fitness that will determine how productive he will be ... He has not played in 4 months so I doubt we can expect more than 20-25 good minutes out of him for a while ... 

Also, objectively speaking, I still think Rivaldo is the "biggest" name to ever come to Greece (yeah, it hurt a bit to give OSFP credit). When you score like 100 goals for Barcelona and add another 40 for Brazil, you're a pretty good player. 

Wow, PAOK's commercial department is in full gear.

Berbatov has not yet arrived in Thessaloniki, but I already got a message in my hotmail account to pre-order the rige fanela 15-16 of Berbatov.

Bravo! Looks like we finally stepped in the 21st century at some point.

On the other hand: Why pre-order instead of having the Macron jersey in stock....

Dude, you're such an idiot!  You're always so negative!  Now Berbatov is going to play in Europe, and you look like an a$$hole! 

(someone had to say it)

Yeah, I copped a bout of Boston Thanatositis as well.

We're a bunch of stooges.  Maybe Savvidis thinks he can win the league now ...

What can you do ?  If you're a PAOK fan, your first natural impulse is to be cynical.  Having said that, I am impressed that we even managed to sign him and more importantly got him into the squad for the EL Group Stages.  I'm just not used to PAOK being organised and professional.

As for Berbatov, assuming he stays injury free, I can only see mostly positives.  You could argue that the money spent on his salary could've been spent on other prospects, and you'd have a point.  However, he will increase revenue via merchandise sales and increased attendance at Toumba and the GSL in general.  I know I'd love to see him in person.  He's one of the few footballers who's got that old school 80's style about him, when the game was more about skill that physicality.  In truth, his skill and composure is outrageous.  He'll also be a good influence on someone like Pelkas who's game is based around skill.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

A guy I was sitting next to today at Toumba seemed to think that Rajkovic (free agent) is on his way. He is injury prone and a bit of a hot head but he's played at a high level and we desperately need another defender.

I hope he does sign, only PAOK would have the transfer window shut without having signed two of the most needed positions in your squad, have everyone asking 'what the hell?!' Then to have those two positions filled by free agents who have played a high level. Would make us look real silly for complaining all this while if they had this all planned out, but I trust this all would've just fallen into our laps, we deserve a bit of luck.

EDIT: Forgot to mention he allegedly snubbed our initial offer because of interest from German sides. Usually I'd tell him to stick it but I'm not even mad, I'm that desperate to fill that void back there

Edited by Pontos
  • Like it 1

Agree with you Pontos.  At the beginning of the transfer period, he didn't seem ideal.  Too many things going against him, but right now, I'd be willing to give him a shot.  Having said that, he wouldn't be eligible to play in the EL Group Stages.

Too bad Rajkovic (assuming he actually signs) won't be eligible for UEL. It will be good to spell guys like Costa (or bench him - whatever) and Malezas for league/cup games and save them for UEL. 

I'm really starting to wonder what the rotation will be like, because Skondras has played well at both CB and RB and deserves playing time. Really, Tzavellas has as well ...

Malezas had a very good year last year and I watched the OSFP-Panetolikos game this past January and Malezas was the best defender on the field and pretty much owned Mitroglou. I have very high hopes for his production. 

Things are getting very very interesting. 

If we were to make it to the knockouts, he could be added to the list. It was mentioned a while back that Malezas seems to not be one of Tudor's favorites, so who knows what's going on there. I'd still think he's one of our top-three CBs, which means Vitor-Costa-Malezas should start each of those EL games. If we were to get a new CB, we'd essentially have three "real" ones, and Tzavellas/Skondras as converted fullbacks that can also slot in. Could be worse I guess.