Phantis Forums

PAO-Aberdeen

cyberfish

The game is four days away and I am looking forward to a good win with our European game and a high score to make a statement.

UEFA.com UEFA.com has a small page of stats:

Panathinaikos have not lost a European home game since going down 2-1 against Udinese Calcio in the 2005/06 UEFA Champions League group stage ? their unbeaten run at home in European competition stands at six games.

? Their last UEFA Cup home defeat came in the 2003/04 third round when they lost 1-0 against AJ Auxerre. Panathinaikos' unbeaten UEFA Cup home run stands at six games.

? Aberdeen's last European away victory came against Bohemian FC in the 2000/01 UEFA Cup qualifying round as they won 1-0 in Dublin.

I hope we stick with tradition here.

From the last game, it looks like we are going to have changes in the starting lineup. Salpigidis seems to be scoring consistently, so he will probably start, and probably Ivanschitz as well. Romero and N'Doye will probably stay on the bench this time although it's still a bit early for the final lineup.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cerigo is much more accurate. Come on lets get real here. I can see us scoring 3 goals easily. Ivansich, Ndoye and Pap.

Seems you havent read the news lately probably PAP wont be even playing since he has some small problems with his knee. And even if he was 100% fit Salpi will be starter after he scorded against Veroia.

Not that Salpi has impressed me this year but i must say i am even more disappointed from PAP's performance.

I can't get a picture of who will play and will be out from all the reports today. Most indicate that Papadopoulos and Karagounis are injured and will be replaced by Salpigidis and Ivanschitz.

In other news, management chose these days to negotiate the bonus for the season :blink:

Last year they did the same thing - negotiating mid season - and we went into a long losing streak.

There is no better way to demoralize your crew in any organization, than to mess with their earnings while they are in the middle of a project. There is no bigger distraction for players who should only be thinking of the next game secure in their contracts and earnings.

Why in Manitou's name they don't have the money thing settled before the season starts is on of the mysteries of the universe :angry:

from what i heard the lineup will be something like this...

malartz

vyntra goumas moris nilsson

---------mattos------------

dimoutso tziolis ivanscitz

---salpi---ndoye-----

and if kara is feeling better he will take tziolis place in the lineup

I like that team.

When is Ninis due back?

from what i heard the lineup will be something like this...

malartz

vyntra goumas moris nilsson

---------mattos------------

dimoutso tziolis ivanscitz

---salpi---ndoye-----

and if kara is feeling better he will take tziolis place in the lineup

Many sites report that the line could be without Tziolis so in a 4-1-3-2 lineup

with Kara as a playmaker OM and Matos as only DM.

I find this the best lineup myself to since in this Karagounis plays in the position he can play best.

so smt like that:

----------------------------Malartz----------------------------------

Nilson/Fysas------Goumas-----Morris---------------------Vyntra

-----------------------------Matos-----------------------------------

Ivanschitz---------------Karagounis--------------------Dimoutsos

------------------PAP/Ndoi-------------Salpi

Archived