Phantis Forums

Time to bring back Eleftheropoulos?

AEK-MTL

Well, after that performance by Adonaki, is it time to consider bringing this guy back? I know he's got the attitude problems and all, but the question is, do you really feel comfortable handing over the starting job to Chalkias or Sifakis? Maybe it's just emotion clouding my judgment after the rezili yesterday, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing half the team changed up (starting with Otto and Adonaki).

we dont have a greek keeper of jens lehmann format. they all make mistakes BUT nikopolidis is a bigger liability for olympiakos (!!) than eleftheropoulos ever was. and his team seldom gets a shot on goal.chalkias is doing good at aris where he is constantly under fire.

apart from all that ikopolidis is 36 and thus more than 5 years older than ele and some 4 years older than chalkias. both wont be worse than what we saw yesterday and still have some years ahead of them . nikopolidis if only age-wise doesnt. he is not lehman!

I'd rather have Kotsolis (who has 2 to 3 appearenances and played allright (where is he anyway). What about Abaris from Iraklis? Sifakis hasn't impressed me at all when I've seen him play in the SuperLeague. Halkias is 33-34, we'd be having the same deilema in 2-3 years as Aris is probably the best club he'll pay for between now and the end of his carrer. Ele...mabye...I'm not opposed to it but i'd look to Kotsolis, Abaris and some of the U-21's before him. Your thoughts...???

Well, after that performance by Adonaki, is it time to consider bringing this guy back?

No, thanks! I would put Sifakis right now. You cannot have two weaker opponents than Malta and Hungary at this stage to insert a 22-year-old GK who is skillful but lacking experience..

i've not seen sifakis play but i've seen chalkias play i can't believe anyone would consider this guy for the NT he shouldn't even be a professional the guy is awful. i'd be happy for eleftheropoulos to play or sifakis, give him a chance he surely can't be as bad as nikopolidis or chalkias.

Ele is NOT the answer! I have seen act terrified of the ball.

actually you are way wrong on this one - anybody been keeping track on him?

Eleftheropoulos is right now one of the most in-form keepers in the Serie A :o

Italian media, Ascoli fans are crazy about him because hes single handedly keeping Ascoli up, hes having a fantastic season, and he is 120% the best short term answer. He really is several classes above Kota-Melos right now, for him not even to be brought as 2nd/3rd is pure stupidity, the guy is playing in the best form of his life and if he can be one of the top in Italy right now surely he can start over that a**hole adonakis

Goalkeepers are not a long term decsiion anyways - only the most in form keepers should ever play - you change a goalkeeper it makes no difference on the teams plans.

Eleftheropoulos can be top level in Serie A - then Im for it. Nikopolidis has been garbage 3 years now, and to think despite the awful performance that 3 goals that were purely spawned off his stupidity didnt happen would have meant a 1-1....

i've not seen sifakis play but i've seen chalkias play i can't believe anyone would consider this guy for the NT he shouldn't even be a professional the guy is awful. i'd be happy for eleftheropoulos to play or sifakis, give him a chance he surely can't be as bad as nikopolidis or chalkias.

Yes, I too have seen Chalkias play in the past and all he did was throw his huge frame at the ball. No skill, no brain. But he is improving: he had a beauty of a game v. Olympiakos and was man of the match.

Still, I prefer we groom Sifakis, jnr. and the Malta game may just be the one he needs to break in.

chalkias for the malta match (let's give the pompey fans a reason to watch football highlites that night)...and then after that, never call nikopolidi again.

thats not how otto works though. he will stick to nikopolidis i believe. he had similar problems at werder where his keeper oliver reck was constantly making mistakes. he stood by him and in the end it was good that way. BUT nikopolidis has nothing more to offer and ele always was and probably still is the better keeper plus has some 6 more years of playing in him.

thats not how otto works though. he will stick to nikopolidis i believe. he had similar problems at werder where his keeper oliver reck was constantly making mistakes. he stood by him and in the end it was good that way. BUT nikopolidis has nothing more to offer and ele always was and probably still is the better keeper plus has some 6 more years of playing in him.

For the psyche of the team Nikopolidis should sit,if he starts then Gagatsis has no choice but to sack OTTO. This show's that he believes in loyalty and the pats and not to developing a proper program!

Sifakis is good but I believe he must move to a big club and see hoe he handles himself,he has let in dsome gaffers ,but has also kept OFI in the running for UEFA.

I posted in the Ele player forum, I beleive if his frame of mind is solid,he sgould be the #1 keeper, his form right now is the best of any keeper,maybe he has matured as an athlete and a human being. Some kids let early success ruin them and it takes a kick in the a$$ to shake them!

My Choices Ele (plays in the better league),Sifakis?Kotsolis

Maybe the Greek association should considering courting young Australian Dean Bouzanis who has just signed with liverpool. he is 16 yrs old and Benitez rates him as the best keeper he has ever seen at that age. He is so good , he will skip the liverool youth acedemy and join the top squad when he turns 17 & after spending a season with Sydney f.c on loan.

i stll cant beleive nikopolidis perfomance. and why wasnt he was taken off after the 3rd goal? Does anyone know what drugs he is on??? or does he just suffer from ball phobia????

I was sure that Nikopolidis had the Turkish crest on his captains armband. My god what I saw I still cannot fathom. Nikopolidis must never play again he is too much of a liability. Give Chalkias or Sifakis a go.

:LOL: No re, its a red band with a white "C" (for captain). It does look suspicious though! :P

Maybe the Greek association should considering courting young Australian Dean Bouzanis who has just signed with liverpool. he is 16 yrs old and Benitez rates him as the best keeper he has ever seen at that age. He is so good , he will skip the liverool youth acedemy and join the top squad when he turns 17 & after spending a season with Sydney f.c on loan.

i stll cant beleive nikopolidis perfomance. and why wasnt he was taken off after the 3rd goal? Does anyone know what drugs he is on??? or does he just suffer from ball phobia????

Yes he's widely considered to be the best 16 year old keeper in the world, if Epo dont tie him up someone should be hanged! :P

Chalkias has been in great form this season in the net for Aris. he has saved them on many occasions, including in the game with Olympiakos two weeks ago. However he makes mistakes too. Check out the PAOK - Aris (1-0) game.

I wish that otto would play the players that are in form, and not becuase they won Euro 2 years ago. I demand that Chalkias starts in Malta, but we know that this will not happen.

Thanks.

I thought that Genamo was half Greek. He was considered Greek when at Oly. I could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure he is half Greek but neither Giannou nor Cenamo are good enough.

I'd like to see Konstantopoulos back in Greece. I know he isn't playing in a great division (currently at Hartlepool who are top of League Two) but he has been terrific and has attracted alot of attention from top clubs! One of the Greek sides should take him on, if he continues his great form in the Superleague he could be worth a call up. For the time being though we don't have many options.

Nikopolidis: No comment!

Eleutheropoulos: Can produce 20 spectacular saves a game then commit suicide! Plus he's almost as bad as Nikopolidis for collecting crosses. Also he's a m#$%! so he could end up ruining the team spirit.

Sifakis: No way good enough.

Who esle is there??? We really do have a GK crisis.

ok DUDE now account for form over the last couple years

Eleftheropoulos is clearly in better form- hes been pulling amazing performances for Ascoli in the Serie A and taken over Pagliucas spot. and last year he was a starter for Messina, and did get signed by Milan...

Nikopolidis has been TERRIBLE- and he always makes these stupid mistakes - i prefer Eleftheropoulos as a current solution. Or, if we are going to have or risk mistakes, it may as well be a young keeper right?

If a keeper is going to blow a game, make it one who will get better from it and prepare for the future (Sifakis) - NIkopolidis has no business on this team anymore. Way past peak years (2002-2004, where he was phenomenal)

i don't think nikopolidis was ever phenominal, he was always prone to errors the difference now is he's being punished for them, even between 2002-04 i remember seeing him make errors but he always seemed to get away with them, classic example was turkey's first goal where he punched a ball he should have caught if that never lead to a goal that error would have gone unnoticed he's always been blundering like that its just now his lucks run out and his mistakes have lead to goals also in the past when a mistake lead to a goal greece still won or drew the game so no one really put pressure on him(world cup qualifier v denmark greece won 2-1 awful error for the denmark goal also the 1-1 draw v ukraine he cost us 2 points)

Archived