Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molon Lave

Coronavirus Outbreak

On 4/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, Bananas said:

Any good sites to get news from the U.S. ?  The well-known ones like NY Times, WSJ, Washington Post all have pay walls.

If you're looking for something with a political bent, Politico pretty decent. A bit left of center but not to a crazy degree. The "television news" sources should all have their news sites unburdened by a paywall - CNN, NBC, ABC. I have NYT/WSJ and Financial Times subscriptions through my school so I didn't realize they hadn't lowered their paywalls around covid stuff. Lame.

One of my favs is Ars Technica - they generally talk about tech and related policy but have a strong science lean (including covid-related). They have a constantly-updated guide there with a TOOOON of information. Very good reporting.

The Washington Post has news regarding Coronavirus for free "so that all readers have access to this important information about the coronavirus pandemic"

Washington Post: Coronavirus

Thanks guys for the various news sources.  Remember, if it's not pro-Trump, then it's probably run by rabid communists planning to overthrow our way of life.

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 9:40 AM, Alphonse said:

Thryleon, I forget you in NSW or VIC?

Sorry Greg.  Im in Vic.  I havent been on for a while as life has become very busy for me.

Things have not taken off yet, but they are still anticipating that at the height of this crisis in June, we are going to have 2 patients for every 1 bed we have.  That is with the curve being flattened.  The crisis is going to be drawn out for most of this year, or until a vaccine is found.

Anyway, all of that is details.  Stay healthy people.