Phantis Forums

Moldova - Greece

dark_horse

Please oh god please, let the german understand...

Names like Ninis, Mitroglou must play.... AT LEAST ON THE SQUAD FFS..

I swear, id like to see this...

-----------------Tzorvas/Sifakis---------------------

Toro-----Giourkas-----Kyrgiakos---Papast---Spyro

------------------Kats------------Kara-----------------

Ninis-------------------Mitroglou--------------Amanatidis

Subs: Tzorvas/Sifais, Avraam, Gekas, Samaras, Moras, Koutsianikoulis, Dimoutsos

If they wanna play with three up front.. they can have Ninis behind the two CFs or Kara behind two CFs.. Toro can also play wing or even DM if need....in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

Its way overdure for Charisteas, Pats and lymbe....

Enough man.... Let the kids play...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paidia we were staring at a possible 4 out of 6 pts and our tickets puched for south africa.

And Herr Otto in a 0-0 game brings in Gekas in the 80 to hold for a tie why bring in a midfielder.

And today he pulls Karagounis for the 4 forward strategy...to MALAK%$..why is Makos and Fotakis called this is their bread and butter ..grit and battle and tackle in the midfield.

We can make fun of Charisteas all we want but its Otto who fills the lineup card.

The funny part...do the math we will suffer...because we will win both games 1-0 and have to suffer the barage.

Lets hope Fyssas cleans house.

Sifakis

Socrates...Moras...Soto..Spiropoulos

Toro....Katsouranis...Makos......Ninis

........ Samaras.....Amanatidis

It's too late now to bring in new blood to the team; this has to be done after the 2 remaining qualifiers, regardless of the outcome.

In response to Mangas' last post, I agree, it is the players' fault. But who selects the players? Otto. Who makes the tactical choices with what he's got? Otto.

Also, it's not a matter of complaining whether we play offensively/defensively; it's varying our style of play as the circumstances require. The Sweden game is a perfect example of playing overly offensively when it's not necessary.

We played very offensively against the Swiss and in Moldova and it worked to a degree. However, Otto louses things up by not making the correct substitutions as the circumstances require. Think about this, we are tied 0-0 with 10 men and we hold on until the 80th min. All we needed was a draw to keep the top spot. What does Otto do? He puts in another striker. We should have immediately changed tactics and played with 5 men in the back, 3 in the middle, and 1 lone striker to go for the draw. Stupid move by Otto.

Today we played offensively and dominated the match. We were up 1-0, and Otto brings in Amanatidis for Karagounis at the 80th minute. We continue to attack, and they get us on the C/A.

With the players we have, we have to play smart to get the results we NEED. Otto obviously sees what's going on, yet makes no changes. The fact that Charisteas features in EVERY match for full 90 minutes is very telling. He plays favorites. Moldova should not have been taken for granted, they can be tough at home. We should have sealed up defensively after the 75th minute after we didn't get that 2nd goal.

this is why soccer is such a simply complex game...its a team game, and off the ball tactics and positioning - both veyr subtle and barely noticeable - count for sssssoooo much.....

one play in swiss cost us, one play in moldova cost us........we outplayed both teams, and really undressed moldova today...1-1 is not at all indicative of the dominace we displayed...but, the only thing that matter is the result..

so ask yourselves...why? i think a lapse of concetration was the cuase in both games...can teh coach "teach" that at this level? what does a player have to show the coach for him to say "i wont call the player up because one day i think he wont concentrate"...? distinguish that from Haristea who - and i love the guy - time and time again shows physical and skill limitations by butchering scoring chance after scoring chance...ok, all stikers do it form ttime to time, but he does it 9.5 times out of 10....

for along itme i defend otto because frankly he can forget more about soccer than i will ever know, and he knows the team in and out, things we dont know...i think these two games he changed up the tactic becuase we played more fluidly and with more offensive pressure than i can remeber....so he did something right...the players could not finish.......he has also infused some young guys in teh mix while STILL keeping the qqualifying possibility alive...not an easy thing to do....

in this game when he took out karagouni the trouble started...and u could sense a let down right around 72 minute...why? tired? chage of tactic? no sense of urgency? i dont know folks....just rasing the questions.....

or you can be veyr simple about it....they just aint good enough and forget all teh dissecting after the fact.....

Please god let us not qualify i dont think i could stand to watch us get raped in 3 matches and go home with our tails between or legs again it will be to painfull

Xorafia countries are schooling us for gos sake

Englad smashed croatia 5-1 and the croats are no push overs can u imagine what the lads would do to greece if we advance and group with them

The magic dust has brushed off and were an old broken beat down dog that just can not hack it any more

THE TRUTH HURTS EYES WIDE SHUT OTTO!!!!!

Otto is driving the bus...I can't understand how people still don't get it! He is driving the effing bus and he is alseep at the wheel!

Look at Capello....he takes full responsibility for England...they were an unpredictable and inconsistent sqaud before under their many managers (Hoddle, Keegan, Svensoon, McClaren etc) and now he has steered them in a much tougher group than ours!

Please don't post that England and Hellas can't be compared against each other.....of course they can!

Otto has to go! He is just as much, if not more responsible than the players!

He continues to be based in Germany without a clue as to what his so-called NT players are doing. What the hell was he doing selecting Tziolis against Moldova when Tziolis hasn't played a match so far since being let go by Werder last season?!?!?

For those apologists, this is what will continue to happen....the great big slide to mediocrity of our Ethniki if we continue to support Otto.

Last 2 results:

Swizterland-Greece 2-0

Moldova-Greece 1-1

Whats next against Latvia and Luxembourg?

Latvia 2 - Greece 1

Luxembourg 0 - Greece 0

Lux game is at home and not on the road

2nd place-point standings

Russia 18 points

France 12 points

Slovenia 11 points

Croatia 11 points

Bosnia and Herzegovina 10 points

Greece 10 points

Republic of Ireland 10 points

Norway 10 points

Sweden 9 points

Sweden would not make the playoffs at that moment...

Also, I read an article online where if Portugal secures second place in their division, which is very possible, then, assuming Greece clinches second place in its division, Greece would be in the weak group of 4 teams while Portugal would be in the strong group of 4 teams before the draw is made.

Finally, Israel has a good shot at getting second place. If Greece-Latvia tie and Israel wins their next match against some bottom feeder, then Israel leapsfrogs into second place because of goal differential (Israel beat Lux 7-0 yesterday and that was huge for them) and the Swiss, assuming they beat Lux on the road, would have nothing to play for in their home game against Israel...

the sad part is we are even having this discussion and doing these calcualtions....if we were a good team, there would be an asterisk next to our name....frigin swiss/isreal/latvia gimmie a fukcing break....being mentioned in the same breath with these teams is or should be a humilaition....unless of course you dont mind being mediocre

Also, I read an article online where if Portugal secures second place in their division, which is very possible, then, assuming Greece clinches second place in its division, Greece would be in the weak group of 4 teams while Portugal would be in the strong group of 4 teams before the draw is made.

WHAT? :(

What article was that? I checked recently and FIFA hadn't announced that a seeding system would be in place for the play offs. When did they decide that?

Unless Sweden win in Denmark (unlikely) Portugal are almost guaranteed to make the play off spot. Our chances just diminished dramatically if this is accurate. :tdown:

Its way overdure for Charisteas, Pats and lymbe....

Enough man.... Let the kids play...

i agree...but Pats was better as an RB last night..better than Vyndrcap anyways. We definitley are starved for midfielders though....we need Papadopoulos (giannis) at OSFP to hurry up and develop.

He should not be needed anymore. Same with Xaristeas (who really should be dropped altogether from the squad, Gkekas and Smaras do all the work, he just takes up space.

We should forget about hoping for anything with this coach and team. Even if we sneak in the back door what will this do at the WC when we could not even beat Moldova or Switz.? We were supposed to be the powerhouse of the group and we lost twice to the Swiss!!!

Blow up the team, drop most of them and start with a young team that will grow for the next 5-6 years. Develop the young talent and help them gain experience, even bad ones, rather than hoping against hope for the current group to provide anything other than false hope.

Otto is not the coach for this and so we need to find someone young, aggressive, and willing to take chances. I really like what Nioplias has done with the young NT and I like his attack style of play which pushes the game to the other team.

Where do I start?

It's really something I can't understand. Why do we always have hard times against teams like Albania, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Malta and we need either a last minute goal or some miracle to win. Today that miracle wasn't with us but please a team like Greece should have finished the game off much earlier. I don't think we are powerhouses anymore (if we ever have been) and now we are back to zero. I even have worries about next game versus Latvia, any single point dropped could spell the end of our campaign. It's disappointing that we are most likely going to have to qualify through the play offs. But I'd rather be in that than nothing at all.

And in the playoffs, we have potential enemies like Sweden, France and even Russia. If we get one of these teams I fear the worst.

We all want to qualify and for God's sake no matter how really F*ked up we've been, I still support them and believe we can get two wins from the last two matches. This draw last night though, has been the lowest point since Euro 08.

New match, new chance.. Greece please let's do this!

P.S. Has EPO decided to fire Otto? :1eye:

dark, we all feel the same way...but we have to be realistic....results matter....not excuses...at some point someone has to be accountable...the problem is the same guys that are calling for ottos head are the same guys that will say we never should have let him go after the new guy screws things up....

but u (not u personally) cant sit here and blindly start offering far fetched solutions without staying the course even through the tough times.....

the team is struggling, no doubt...i think moldova game was even worse than euro 08...england 5-1, the jews 7-0, gremany 4-0, etc....and we cant score more than one goal in a MUST WIN against a grils sofballteam....

siis loses the lead, then comes right back and ties.....

i have to think its just the way we play....tight, close to the edge, etc....

i am wondering if this change of tactics (euro04 style) to a little more open is just something we have not learned how to perfect yet....euro 08 exposed the 04 style, and i think ottto gets it but he just calls up the wrong players.....

i dont know....

I'm not at all surprised by this result! Thats what you get for playing crappy football for so long. What the fans in Greece need to do is to stay away from the next games; do NOT attend those matches unless you accept this trash. They need to be sent a message to get a move on with rebuilding the team. NOW, not in 20 f ucking years.

yea with toro and seitaridis we would have tied against switzerland and won against moldova. Not only do those two players solidify the defence, but they help with crosses too. This was a huge problem for us in both games

Seitaridis has been out of form for quite some time now and Otto plays Toro in the wrong position. So what are you talking about? They need wingers like Ninis.

Archived