Phantis Forums

Glasgow Rangers- Panathinaikos

Evergreen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The happiest day in soccer since Ellas-N. Ireland 1-0 :nw:

Imagine if we get Besiktas in the next round...

I was about to say goodbye to everyone, after a PAO exit from Europe...

The protathlima is of no interest to me

Guess what, I am still here!

Best wishes for AEK, Gauro

Juve will play the reserves :tup:

I am proud of you nonPAO fans for following PAO and for your wishes

PEACE :D

i'm jealous about it, but its good for the greek football.

i'm sick of it, to be laughed at, when i'm talking about greek football and everybody just knows us because of these trouble making idiots in the stadiums

but unfortunately it wont change in the near future...

i have to say those were 3 of the best goals this season. why doesnt Zoutaoutas shoot more? if you ever saw the movie Full Metal Jacket- he is like private pyle, the big retard and we finally found something he is good at. :D

Basinas. Well. If you didnt see the goal.... wow. He is one of the best players PAO will have in a long time, and undoubtebly has the most amazing shot east of italy, and can make them in pressured situations. Fener? the freekick vs. Olympiakos? now Rangers? im convinced. I hope he can do magic in Portugal for us.

and Konstantinou did not miss a 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper opportunity like he always does!!!!

does this mean the fans will reconsider coming back?

I'm in shock, but I have to admit that PAO made me PROUD tonight! Before the game, and especially after our stupid game against Akratitos, I didn't really care, but PAO stood as a great team in Europe today. It was the best way to say "goodbye" to the Champions League this season. (and we should play there in the future)..

Yet, sorry, but back to reality. This is what I see:

*We have a serious problem with winning the lesser teams

*Shoum is still an idiot

*We need a couple very good players and Vardi better spend $ to get them, but not through the other big idiot Zaets

*Although this victory is great, I can't forget that we only got 4 points, with 1 win and 1 tie! We sucked in the other games for the CL. Most teams with 4 points went home. And, if we didn't tie (luckily) Rangers in Athens in the very end....

*I do care for the Greek championship, because I don't know how far we can go in UEFA cup and this may distract us from the domestic title. What would be the point to play 2 more euro games and finish 2nd, 3rd in Greece?

*We still do NOT have a TEAM, that is, a COHESIVE, STABLE group of players that play with "tsabouka" No, NO, we can't continue to have games like with Aegaleo, Halkidona, Akratitos..... :tdown:

I still believe we need a new voice in the team, a new coach who understands and has experience with great teams. Our brother must continue to apply pressure and ask for change :box:

Gents, I just finished watching a full replay of the game and I was very impressed.

Yes, Shum isnt the solution to PAO's long term coach but credit were credit is due lads, and I think Shum got his tactics absolutely spot on today.

Epalle - huge impact player. When he was brought on at half time for Sanmartean (mind you Shum did the exact same thing against United in Athens) I thought Epalle was doing extremely well. Quick, making alot of runs, and as a result he created the third goal. Good on him! Hopefully this silenced his critics.

I believe the biggest point we can take out of this game was however our defensive performance. I thought for 89 minutes (+1 minute for the goal we coped) we were brilliant in defence. As a result Nikopolidis had a very easy game.

Konstantinou - Awesome. His the first player on the park to get his top dirty, and probably the last player to stop chasing and keep on running, chasing any ball that comes his way. He does so well in holding the ball, dragging players with him creating space for others.

Seitaridis - Please Dont sell him. I thought he owned that Right flank at one stage. Good to see he learnt to drop back whenever he would make a run forward.

Basinas - Beautiful Goal. Very sound performer last night.

Zutautas - ????????? I just dunno wat to say about him anymore. Although I did know from before he had a decent shot as we saw last night.

Lets just hope we can build on this.

And Gents, if any of you remember back to when we drew with Rangers 1-1 in athens, and a journalist by the name of Chick Young came out and verbally assaulted the name of Panathinaikos, our fans, and Greece in Particular. Well, I hope wherever this man happens to be or whether or not he saw the game last nite, I hope he enjoyed it! I DID!

Archived