Phantis Forums

OLY VS SOCHAUX

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Protathlitis

I would have liked to have played the fegs earlier on oh well.

Both the fegs and oly should beat sevilla, parma/stuttgard and scochaux, herenveen/newcastle.

hey guys, dont be too ôptimistic yet. i know our opponent isnt one of the big teams that are left in the uefa cup, but it is one of these teams that made us struggle in the past a lot of times.

also if we progress we might have a chance for revenge against herenveen. but first we have to knock out sochaux.

Excellent draw for gauros :tup:

Sochaux is the second easiest side, behind Steaua.

Panionios almost beat them yesterday in France.

Gauros is better than Panionios, right? :D

This is one of the best chances in recent years for gauro to win away in Europe...finally.

Best of luck, Newcastle should be next.

PEACE

i do believe Olympiakos got a better draw then Pao (Sevilla)

Sochaux is currently 7th place in France

i know they played Panionios yesterday and barely got by them even though they were home

but we can't think past them

we will be missing our key central defenders in the first leg

i don't know too much about our opponent but Olympiakos needs to play well and progress

there is no reason why they shouldn't

first leg is away rite???

When we progress we will meet Newcastle or Herenveen and after we knock them out we will play Parma in th 1/4 final and knock them out BUT i can't tell u who we will beat in the SEMIS

Incorrect my friend.

The draw for the QFs and semis will not take place until 18.03.2005.

www.uefa.com

13:00CET UEFA HQ, Nyon

UEFA Cup,

Quarter-finals, semi-finals and final draw

Making up stories ... :nono:

PEACE

Oly should advance past Schoux pretty easily. That is, if they get a decent result away (which is always a problem for Oly in Europe). Schoux are doing well (7th I think) in the French League and can't be overlooked. Greek teams are near unbeatable at home and we should get a good result there in Pireaus. The quarterfinals is definately not out of the question as we could play either Newcastle or Heerveen, 2 very beatable teams. If Oly can win 7 greek league titles in a row, they can definitely go onto the quarterfinals and get some respect for themselves and Greece :gr:.

This is the best chance for Oly to finally win a game away from home in Europe. Allbeit it is not the Cahampions League and will not change the statistic in my signature but come on, if you can't beat Souchoux twice you should go and die somewhere.

I amd betting that Herenveen will do their best to win against Newcastle so they can have another laugh in the next round ;)

Guest Protathlitis

This is the best chance for Oly to finally win a game away from home in Europe

We've won plenty of games in UEFA away.

We both should meet in the semis, given the teams we're playing.

When we progress we will meet Newcastle or Herenveen and after we knock them out we will play Parma in th 1/4 final and knock them out BUT i can't tell u who we will beat in the SEMIS    OLYMPIAKE OLE OLE OLE OLE

At least change this to if and not when...or at least should

Lets not get ahead of ourselves - we have seen Oly press the self destruct button a few times - but for the good of greek soccer blah blah blah etc etc it would be nice "for a change" to see Oly win away in Europe. I hate Oly but i also hate french - esp Henry. Actually hes prolly the reason why I hate french!

Oly got a better draw than PAO, but both can go through if they're careful. The problem with Greek teams is that they think wrong: how many goals do I need to.... No, they've got to go out and play!

Oly's problem last time was, hey, we won't eat 3, especially after we scored first!!......

PAO is known to play down to its opponents level. Against lesser teams we suck, but against better teams we play tougher and do better.

Look, at this stage you have to be serious, careful, prepared and give it all. Can't hope to get lucky, because ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, it's too early for predictions now. Good luck to both Greek teams.

Oly got a better draw than PAO, but both can go through if they're careful. The problem with Greek teams is that they think wrong: how many goals do I need to.... No, they've got to go out and play!

Oly's problem last time was, hey, we won't eat 3, especially after we scored first!!......

PAO is known to play down to its opponents level. Against lesser teams we suck, but against better teams we play tougher and do better.

Look, at this stage you have to be serious, careful, prepared and give it all. Can't hope to get lucky, because ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, it's too early for predictions now. Good luck to both Greek teams.

your totally right

for both clubs and especially Olympiakos its the mental aspect of the game that is most important

both teams need to worry about itselves first

Olympiakos will have more pressure on them to progress b/c they are the favorties to do so and they are coming off bad c.l. performance and needs to make up for it

to me i think this is a blessing in disguise

its known that Olympiakos is a two faced team when playing at home and away and playing this french side away and maybe and just maybe getting a win but improve on that mental block in playing away

now i am figuring Olympiakos will play the first leg away and u know the press both greek, french and even outsiders will be killing them of there poo results away.

anywayz Olympiakos as an advantage here being the better side and having a feel for this team through Panionois

look at the tape of that game and in games where they have excelled

its simple Olympiakos should progress

we shouldn't be worried to this point on who we will play next

lets just get through this stage

wut on a personal note i want newcastle next

i want a lil taste of revenge

now lets get back to Alpha Ethiniki

...first leg is away rite???

Has there been a switch? The first leg was supposed to be at Karaiskaki.

Anyway, Olympiakos should play their game in Greece and should win as Sochaux are no better than Monaco, Liverpool or Depor.

For the away game, get yourselves a different coach. :rolleyes:

Guest Protathlitis

perhaps some revenge for greece over England??

My thoughts exactly. Good to see the draw that the aggloi got in CL; they dont have a chance against the best of italy and spain

...first leg is away rite???

Has there been a switch? The first leg was supposed to be at Karaiskaki.

Anyway, Olympiakos should play their game in Greece and should win as Sochaux are no better than Monaco, Liverpool or Depor.

For the away game, get yourselves a different coach. :rolleyes:

first leg is at karaiskaki.

in this match we have to be very careful and i wonder who bajevic will bring in the defense to take schurrers and anatolakis' place. vallas will definitely take ano spot but the other one is still open.

sochaux are 7th now in the french league. 13 points behind leader lyon. it doesnt look that they are either strong at home or bad away. i think it'll be dangerous to just believe in our strength at home. it seems to me as if they are unpredictable and also not very well known in europe and osfp had lots of problems with teams like that in the past. but we should make it through.

sochaux in france:

total: 7-5-6 / 22:17 / 26

home: 5-1-4 / 14:10 / 16

away: 2-4-2 / 8:7 / 10

thats how they played in europe so far:

Dinamo Tbilisi - Sochaux 0-2

Sochaux - Newcastle 0-4

Sporting - Sochaux 0-1

Sochaux - Panionios 1-0

an interesting thought if the gavri win this game as people expect them to,,,the next team is either herenveen or nezwcastle,,,well herenveen beat olympiakos loooooool so lets see what happens and if the gays can break theyre teddy bears picnics away from home

Archived