Phantis Forums

The punishment

Ziaka

Well here are the punishments handed out by the Athletic Judge concerning the Georgatos and Nikopolidis incidednts during and after the game with Xanthi:

Georgatos and Nikopolidis were banned from playing 1 official game plus a 10 day ban after the 1-game ban is competed. Basically what this means is that Nikopolidis and Georgatos will serve their one game ban during their Greek Cup game against Veroia this Sunday. Then the 10 day ban will go into effect covering the Round 4 of the A' Ethniki when Olympiakos plays Ergotelis.

Additionaly PAE Olympiakos was fined 10,000 Euro.

it could have been worse.

they were lucky they didnt get a harder punishment. although as i read at least nikopolidis deserved a harder one...

Typical don't you think?

There are loads of previous examples...

Kourabie, Giovanni, Kastillo, Georgatos again, Ze Elias and so many others... I didn't expect anything more.....OYST!!! :ph34r:

There seems to be an endless supply of critics who seem not to care what the laws say and to have no time to suggest what they should be saying.

Nevertheless, they have an innate sense of justice that makes them know in minute detail what the decisions of justice should not be. And in the same way that they expect the restaurant of their choice to serve them a bean soup when a bean soup is ordered, they also expect the judges to dish out the penalty of their choice.

In the interest of having the rest of us fully informed, I would be interested to see:

- What the penalty should have been and why

- The laws on which you base your judgement, the precedents (covering players of your favorite team) and your posts at the time.

Has anyone actually seen the scene where Antonis 'throws' his gloves at the linesmen ? From what i gathered he 'threw' them at his feet as he Antoni claimed he offered them to him, to remember the fash and his adikia, but obviously the ref rejected him.

Personally, I think a one game plus another 10 day ban for Antoni is a decent one, but I do NOT agree with Georgatos receiving the same ban. He actually threatened killing him DURING THE GAME, i mean what the F*** is that ? Thats not just something that comes out after have having a nervous breakdown, well not usually, just in Greece i figure ? The media shurgged it off as no big deal, saying that 'happens' during stressfull times in soccer, and were more shocked at Antonis display and words, they must be kidding us.

Has anyone actually seen the scene where Antonis 'throws' his gloves at the linesmen ? From what i gathered he 'threw' them at his feet as he Antoni claimed he offered them to him, to remember the fash and his adikia, but obviously the ref rejected him.

Personally, I think a one game plus another 10 day ban for Antoni is a decent one, but I do NOT agree with Georgatos receiving the same ban. He actually threatened killing him DURING THE GAME, i mean what the F*** is that ? Thats not just something that comes out after have having a nervous breakdown, well not usually, just in Greece i figure ? The media shurgged it off as no big deal, saying that 'happens' during stressfull times in soccer, and were more shocked at Antonis display and words, they must be kidding us.

I agree. Nikopolidis ban was pretty accurate, as he did not throw the gloves in the refs face. He did accuse the ref of intentional mistakes though and that is where the ban is.

As far as Georgatos is concerned, this was way mild. He should have received at least a 3 month suspension for threating to kill someone, although I know he did not mean it. If he did , he should be taken to custody.

It was ok for Nikopolidis... .. but not for Georgatos....

He did say it ...during the press conference...(so it does not go under affection) not the athletic judge...but the public prosecutor... should have given him the appropriate punishment for announcing publically wishing killing someone....

time to let fifa or uefa know what is happening in greek soccer.

ok the next time i go to greece i will be doing the same as georgatos and i dont expect punishment. :not: :not:

ps. i hope monaco will give them the right punishment(4 or 5-0 :tup: :tup: )

and after the game they can threaten the officials and lets wait and see whats gonna happend

time to let fifa or uefa know what is happening in greek soccer.

ok the next time i go to greece i will be doing the same as georgatos and i dont expect punishment. :not: :not:

ps. i hope monaco will give them the right punishment(4 or 5-0 :tup: :tup: )

and after the game they can threaten the officials and lets wait and see whats gonna happend

this was also the epo that didnt give anything to georgatos when he attempted to end paps career by stomping on his knee last year... ;)

I just came back from Greece and I saw the match as well as the "glove-throwing incident." Nikopolidis threw his gloves in the direction of the referee's head.

On Era Spor they said yesterday....

As Nikopolidis.. was abstent due to national duties... he was represented by an attorney......

And this attorney said officially during the trial... (no joke)

"Mr Nikopolidis did not throw his gloves to the referee.... , He just has given to him for souvenir...."

For those who doubt about the "glove incident". Nikopolidis DID throw his gloves to the referee. I don't know if they went to the face or the feet but that makes a little difference....

As for the punishment according to Greek law? As far as I am concerned I think Georgatos was also the captain of Thrynos in that match. Normally he could get about a year ban!!! Adonaki -melos could also be baned for 4 matches and also with a big financial penalty....

Of course non of these happened as expected and Karafla and the melos will miss 2 joke-like matches against Veria and Egotelis and then will be back in action.....

When you come to Leoforos Adoni-Pelath-Melos we will show you justice!!!! :ph34r: :box:

Don't be so harsh on Olympiakos....

Olympiakos needs special treatment...because it's a sensitive...entity.... and looses fast its mental imbalance.....

That's way it should only be Goal against them when the Ball touches their nets..... after it has crossed the line

(Look Xanthi ....or AEK last year in Nea Smyrni)....

On the other hand .... the Goal for their favor should be counted as Goal when the ball touches the line of the adversaire..... Look Leoforos last year....

Doing this thousands of Olympiakos Supporters (the majority fan group in Greece)....feel well, are motivated...and contribute a big part to the Greek Economy.

They said it always....at the end what counts is the result......

Georgatos and Nikopolidis are both morons for the way they acted in this game. The one part that bothers me about this whole situation is that it has set a bad precedent for the players. If I was a player, here's the message I would have gotten out of the decision.

"In the event that you don't agree with our officiating, you can threaten to kill us, or you can throw objects at us, and the consequences will be light. Have a nice day!"

Olympiakos needs special treatment...because it's a sensitive...entity.... and looses fast its mental imbalance.....

There is a corollary to the above theorem.

Critics of the great team hold onto their mental imbalance as if it were a precious gift.

In a way it is, it allows them to disregard reality and feel good about themselves.

Archived