Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2023

Blackhawk

Ingason's deal seems to be for 4mm + bonuses (?). He'll be signing a 5-year contract at 1.5mm per year. I think that's good business on all sides, assuming Toasty can match Ingason's performances.

Sorry Bananas, I think holding on to people who want to make a switch is not a winning strategy - if you get a good price, sell and move on. The team should be constantly churning players; it's up to the coach to solidify them into a cohesive unit.

Besides, Ingason probably will be very excited to go somewhere that has first-world plumbing.

• Haha 1

It is a deal that makes sense for both sides.

PAOK is selling for pretty much the same price they bought him for (+ a bonus too). The player gets a big contract to see out his (potentially) final years andย is also much closer to home. Thanks for everything Sverrir, we wish you all the best in Denmark.

I honestly expect Troost-Ekong to better than him, though knowing our luck he will do a 'Kargas' against Beitar next month.

It's not the sale of key players that concerns me so much but rather our ability to replace them with like for like (or better).ย  And now that our budget is smaller it makes the task even harder.ย  It is what it is.

Wouldn't be ideal to lose Kortarski after one season, very impressed with his season. I suppose if an offer comes in of 10+ Million you don't really have a choice, but I don't think after one season in Greece without playing in Europeย the offers would be around that. More likely in the 5-7 mil range, in which case I say no thanks.ย 

Hang onto him for another season, he'll no doubt continue to perform and if we manage to qualify for Europe and plays well on that stage his price will continue to rise.ย 

Rumors that Samata might actually go to the Saudi league (allegedly his own reps are saying that is nonsense and he will be in SKG this weekend). Guess we'll see soon enough.

Ivan is at his ranch in Rostov and soon to be vacationing in Porto Karras in Halkidiki.

Don't think there will be a fire sale, but I expect at least one more player sale to happen.

Ingason was no. 7 on my "sale" list. I think the next sale will be one of Zivkovic, Konstantelias or Kotarski. Will probably happen after our European games.

Baba Rahman is in Thessaloniki so expect an official signing soon.

Wow we got depth. Meanwhile there are holes missing. Not just yours @pash. The last few years have been an embarrassment in terms of building a competitive team. For our standards. I hear rumors Savvidis may end up leaving soon, through my connection/non connections in security, even though they obviously donโ€™t do their jobโ€ฆ

• Haha 1