Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

I thought the Ansarifad transfer was dead, seeing as PAOK gave a 24 hour deadline to sign, what was it, 3 or 4 days ago ?

Apparently it's still a possibility https://inpaok.com/333819/κρίσιμη-μέρα-για-ανσαριφάρντ/ but I hope it's just media crapola.  I'm not crazy about this transfer, especially given the ridiculous wage figures being thrown around.

Who knows where that will end up at this point...this is like the fourth time we've heard this.

As far as CFs go, Eduardo is linked with a move to Turkey. That's fine by me, I don't think he's what we're looking for.

Yeah, apparently we waited until this morning, still expecting him to show up...and he just didn't come. inPAOK is blaming his agent (similar to what I wrote a few pages back about the guy using us to increase the offered amount other teams will have to match - aka, Fortounis-style).

Ιβάν είσαι γατάκι και άμπαλος.

Κλασικά βέβαια οι δημοσιογράφοι θα τα βάλουν με τον Μίχελ, όπως τα είχαν βάλει και με τον Άρνεσεν και πάει λέγοντας...

If it's true Ansarifad is going to Oympiakos I'm relieved as I was always a bit bemused by this potential transfer.  And the wages!  700K really ?  For half the price yeah maybe we could take the risk, but at those wages I'm just not convinced.

Let's see what happens and if this guy actually tears it up at Oympiakos or whether he just becomes another player that is loaned out and never heard from again.

The search for a striker continues.  Marinakis outdoes Savvidis again.

Some more rumors I've been seeing today:

Pedro Henrique, a Brazilian who playes for Rennes

http://www.transfermarkt.com/pedro-henrique/profil/spieler/213368

Here's a video. Seems to play predominantly on the right. I've already identified his only move - a quick juke to the right. You're welcome, opposing teams.

And a left winger from Panaitolikos, Amr Warda. Reportedly, we've already agreed terms with him but he won't be available until after the African Cup of Nations is done. 23 years old.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/amr-warda/profil/spieler/237641

Frankly I barely remember this guy. Not a replacement for Rodrigues (inPAOK is calling him a prospect, I guess similar to Lamprou?).

A video:

27 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

apparently a deal is basically done for Pedro Henrique, around 1mil to Rennes. 

Looking at his stats, only 4 starts this season with around 8 off the bench. He is at a good age at least at 26 

http://www.paok24.com/podosfairo/86589/symfonia-gia-pedro-enrike

Where they found him I have no idea!  His stats are nothing to look at so this one is a tricky one to judge until we see him on the pitch ... assuming the media articles are true.  Then again, Rodrigues stats were nothing special when we got him from Elche (2 goals and 1 assist) so this is where it's tricky to judge a player that's come from a stronger league.  Time will tell.  We can only but wait and see.

One of the PAOK sites had an article a month or so ago where they went into a bit more detail on the scouting department. They *claim* that the scouts have a long-running database on players that they update for some time before a recommendation is made. Rodrigues was supposedly one of the more recent results of that. So if this guy is one of those players, there's a chance they already know quite a bit about him.

Writing this out, I still don't really believe we could be that organized.

16 minutes ago, pash said:

One of the PAOK sites had an article a month or so ago where they went into a bit more detail on the scouting department. They *claim* that the scouts have a long-running database on players that they update for some time before a recommendation is made. Rodrigues was supposedly one of the more recent results of that. So if this guy is one of those players, there's a chance they already know quite a bit about him.

Writing this out, I still don't really believe we could be that organized.

Aye, I remember that.  As to what the scouters actually do day to day and how accountable they are, we can only speculate.  Speaking of which, has Lino found us anything in South America ? ;)