Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

Seems we've picked up another player. 18-year-old CF from Twente. Apparently he's played for the ethniki's youth squads as well. This kind of came out of nowhere (although I'm sure he won't get any time with the senior team this year).

http://inpaok.com/314007

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/antonis-stathopoulos/profil/spieler/278842

So Fortounis led the Super League in goals AND assists last season, and is only 23? What is the latest transfer buzz with him? Throughout the year, I've heard everything ranging from Arsenal, Napoli, and RSC Anderlecht.

Lubos is looking to bring in a decent centre forward. Let's hope this happens sooner rather than later as Klaus doesn't cut the mustard as a top striker. If this does happen, it's fair to say we've improved every line of the team this year, something that hasn't happened for donkeys.

Edited by kozi

We have improved in almost every position, and it's not even August! I can't remember the last transfer period where this was actually the case. Good job by Michel and Ivic so far.

However, we are still in need of a fast striker. Klaus is a classical center forward. It's not his job to outrun everyone on the field nor is capable to do so. A fast and agile striker would be the perfect counter part, since Klaus isn't the type of striker you need when you depend on counter attacks.

Essentially, someone more like Mak.

Boston was saying a few days ago that in this system, Pereyra might be the more effective striker. If we can't find someone that's substantially better, I wouldn't mind seeing him up there, either with or instead of Klaus. They worked well together two years ago, too.

Yeah, Pereryra would have been a better choice on paper, although we don't know his current state.

Metrosport said some minutes ago that the PAE would buy a good striker with "different characteristics" than Klaus if we progress against Ajax.

A classic CW is a strong target man not easily brushed off the ball imo. Klaus is brushed off the ball exceptionally easily and is invisible most games. Klaus is like a very weak and less skillful version of the former Real player Raul. Vellios and Bakasetas bother out-performed him last season,

All three of them had 11 goals in the league. Is that what you call being outperformed? Klaus had only 22 games while Vellios and Bakasetas had 5-6 games more. Not to mention that this was one of his worst season ever, still he managed to score the same amount of goals with less games. Again, is that what you call getting outperformed? Ridiculous.

Like it or not, Klaus had at least +10 goals per season (league only) for the last 5 years. I'd like to see if the other two guys will keep scoring for more than just one season.

People were optimistic about Pato (never ever happening, it was funny people thought it was possible) but have their doubts we'd even be a chance for a 32 year old Adebayor coming off a poor season from Crystal Palace.

Do I think it'll happen? No. However if it isn't just a rumour and the club really wanted it to happen I think they could pull it off without too much trouble.

Can't really blame Klaus exclusively for not qualifying. Sakhov missed a sure goal as well and then there was the Mystakidis crossbar.

I was more disappointed in the way we played in the 2nd half. It almost looked like we were happy with 1;1 tie and taking it into extra time/penalties. This Ajax team was ready to go down. PAOK and the ref just let them get back into the game.

CF that is better than Klaus and Koulouris is a must. Hopefully Brkic pans out to be a good keeper and pushes Glykos into backup role. Also i am not conviced we got a "dekari" that will make the difference. Pelkas certainly is not the answer. 

• Like it 1

I was more disappointed in the way we played in the 2nd half. It almost looked like we were happy with 1;1 tie and taking it into extra time/penalties. 

Once Ajax made it 1:1, the game changed because Ajax weren't forced to press for a goal.  From the beginning of the game until they scored, we broke their lines 4 or 5 times.  Afterwards, I don't think we did at all, because they didn't have to get a goal as such.  They could afford to be a bit more patient and not play such a high defensive line.  We should have scored at least a 2nd goal during that 1st half spell.

• Like it 1

When a small team goes against a big team, it has to capitalize on as many opportunities as possible, because big teams will adapt to your play and eventually shut you down.

It's law.  

Klaus' job is to put those easy ones in.  We don't expect any fancy footwork or dribbling skills from him.  We barely even expect him to pass the ball or move it particularly well.  But the 1 on 1 lob over the goalie should be second nature to a striker of his style....he hit it 30 feet off target from 15 feet away.  

• Like it 3