Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.

ausgreek

Guys I just noticed our first three games for World Cup qualifying are vs Cyprus (@home), Estonia (on the road) and Bosnia (@home). Ideally we should go 3X3 and get a full 9 points

from our first three matches then we play again in March of 2017 vs Belgium on the road where a draw will suit us just fine. Let's hope Skibbe has the guys ready this time around.

• Like it 1

Aussie team been named. All available, Luongo, Rogic, Mooy, Ryan, Jedinak, Bale, Ronaldo, Messi and Kane all in. Greg Louganis, I mean Francecso Totti is a Socceroos life member now also.

Why isn't Mitroglou playing. He should be in the team. How come Samaris is playing it doesn't seem right. Sokratis is now in the team it goes to show you how much he cares for the national team. He and Torosidis are the only ones who actually care and Samaris aswell.

Edited by Dean97

Hellas will be poised for an up-tempo game against Socceroos so it might be better to have the energetic Karelis in there where he can make something out of nothing with his speed in particular. Mitro is a big match player, I don't think Skibbe would arouse Mitro's stimulous for these matches anyway. Same goes for the like of Manolas and Holebas-although Jose is playing. This wouldn't be the case if a coach would rule with total authority though.

Guys I just noticed our first three games for World Cup qualifying are vs Cyprus (@home), Estonia (on the road) and Bosnia (@home). Ideally we should go 3X3 and get a full 9 points

from our first three matches then we play again in March of 2017 vs Belgium on the road where a draw will suit us just fine. Let's hope Skibbe has the guys ready this time around.

Let's wait and see how we do in our friendliest leading up the the campaign because right now Bosnia is the clear favorites over us and there is no Garuntee we will even beat Cyprus. If the team comes together and starts playing like we think they can then I would expect to see us beat Cyprus and Estonia and maybe draw Bosnia.

You have Rogic, Mooy, Burns, Spira from corners, Kruse, Jedinak from set pieces/corners and Milligan. Who will score for our Hellas? Jamie's first match, scores plenty.

Edited by ausgreek

Mandalos and Aravidis will leave Greece the 1st June to meet up with the other players, I guess the PAOK players will be doing the same??

Greece arrive here the 1st June and leave the 9th June.

Apparently and not sure how true this is, but Greece were told to not announce when they arrive as they were worried about trouble and issues at the airport lol

Training nothing has been said either, Belmore has been mentioned but nothing confirmed.

Bakasetas can come since he's been picked and really the way Panionios are treating him now they may try stop him but don't think they hold the power to do so as its a FIFA Int Friendly date that the games have been set on, if it wasn't an Int friendly date then they could stop him....

• Like it 1

Anyone with half a brain knows Australia borders with Faroe Islands, and the national colours are red, white and green, also known as the Azzuri. Not that hard!

It sounds

You could have used a google search. It would take less time than to write that post.

Socceroos obviously comes from the words soccer and kangaroos. And where do kangaroos live ? (hint: americans think its austria)

Of course I know who the socceroos are, but it sounds like a name a child would make up and a lot of people outside of Australia probably wouldn't know who it is.

People coming here want to see when the game is, where it is and who the opponents are. Not have to trawl through 16 pages to discover that.

Hence why the thread would be better if it were:

Australia vs Greece June ?

(Providing the game is being held in Australia).

• Like it 2