Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.

ausgreek

No surprises the players like Sokratis and Mitroglou were cut. They've had long seasons so can do without the hassle I'm guessing.

I said this scenario was going to happen weeks ago and I'm pretty sure OlympicHellas said the same.

Expect an announcement from EPO claiming that these players have "injuries".

OriginalSyd there aren't any PAO players in the squad so that won't be a factor. Disappointed that Fortounis and Pelkas also not coming. I would have loved to watch both of them run rings around Mooy.

Also agree with Amorgos that Ninis should have been in the touring party. You can't go forward with Tziolis and Moras.

Akritis thanks mate didn't realise there were no PAO players, but that's what I have been told in regards to the players from the guy who runs Galanolefkos Faros (Greek supporter group) also said players are leaving Greece 31st May so it really does count out the players involved in playoffs as the last game is currently scheduled for 31st May

You kidding me Akriti?? I'm originally from Marrickville and Dulwich Hill re! Duli High na poume. That Frappe coffee lounge in Earlwood is da'bomb too. I get there with Andoni sometimes. Haha.

Edited by ausgreek

Am I wrong to think we should be playing our team that we plan to field in the WC qualifiers? Shouldn't we use these games as preparation for what we think our starting line up will look like and try to build a game plan and some consistency with the players?? So far I'm very disappointed and pissed at Skibbe and he's selections so far.. WTF does he think he's all of a sudden going to field a line up that he hasn't got to work with at the W/C qualifiers and we are going to be successful?

Our first game in the campaign is just over a few months away, we should be using these games to prepare ourselves, no more call ups, no more experimenting to such a wide margin, a little tinkering is okay, and enough call ups like Tziolis and garbage players. Let's stick with our core players that we know we will field and tinker with a few sub options and that's it. Why do the Greek coaches and company have to make things so difficult. We are not dismantling the entire team.